Highlighted
Mar 25 2012
By: TMAZT3R Uncharted Territory 1670 posts

Very sorry to hear zipper :(

24 replies 532 views Edited Mar 25, 2012

If you can for a last project please bring out a socom hd collection, I really, would like to play 1-3 in hd with multiplayer support, I can bet that you can bring in a lot of old veterans back.

Message 1 of 25 (532 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6428 posts

Re: Very sorry to hear zipper :(

Mar 26, 2012

I guess there's not gonna be a Unit 13 patch.

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion!

http://playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com/

PSN: ScreamAimFire999 [PS4, PS3, PS Vita Owner]
Twitter: @PSPersuasion

Message 2 of 25 (532 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2268 posts

Mar 26, 2012

Roper has vanished?!

Message 3 of 25 (532 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9821 posts

Mar 29, 2012

Zipper is being shutdown. Peace Roper.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 25 (532 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2240 posts

Mar 30, 2012

Nothing official has been said other than the layoffs.  But usually this isn't good news in the gaming industry.  Unit 13 is a great game that was plagued by some pretty hardcore bugs.  However, I've figured my way around them and haven't had problems since.

Message 5 of 25 (532 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Mar 31, 2012

well Zipper just confirmed it on twitter heres the post

"

After 17 years it’s time to head off into the sunset. A sincere thank you to all our fans for everything you've done for us. Farewell."

sad to see them go...i loved SOCOM4 compared to most people and SOCOM1 or 2 were one of the first games i had for my PS2 so hurts a bit...

Message 6 of 25 (532 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6428 posts

Mar 31, 2012

They messed up too much IMO.

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion!

http://playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com/

PSN: ScreamAimFire999 [PS4, PS3, PS Vita Owner]
Twitter: @PSPersuasion

Message 7 of 25 (532 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
400 posts

Mar 31, 2012

Not sad at all. They ignored their fan base and crapped all over us with bad games and not giving us a real socom game on ps3.

Socom died with confrontation.

Message 8 of 25 (532 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3114 posts

Mar 31, 2012

Hexfix93 wrote:

Not sad at all. They ignored their fan base and crapped all over us with bad games and not giving us a real socom game on ps3.

Socom died with confrontation.

hexfix93 - youre just a child. Its always sad when 80 people loose their job.  They have children and problems like anyone else. your dismay over your personal regrets for a video game affecting your feelings on somones personal life is a testament to your maturity.  "THEY" just work for zipper/sony. Not all 80 employees had free will to change the game as they pleased. Thats why they worked for someones else and the company didnt have their name on it.....

photo BHD-VILLDOC-NEWsm_zps81faf374.gif
Message 9 of 25 (532 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
400 posts

Mar 31, 2012

Dude, when we were begging and praying over and over for them to give us a game like socom 2 again they spit in our face and made a move game. When slant six butchered socom, we prayed zipper would brign it back to its glory only they made it even worse than slant six did. If they had listened to us, and gave us the socom we wanted, they would still be in business, they underestimated the power of sukmyturbin and people like me who ran blogs and knew what the socom fans wanted. Instead they never did what we asked. They dug their own grave. Imagine if the call of duty people reinvented their game and made it more like DOOM. what do you think would happen to call of duty, no one would buy it. You dont mess up a formula that works, they took away everything that made socom unique and made it a super generic shooter.

MAG you run around forver and ever endlessly.

Shame on them for destroying an entire gaming community that was hardcore into socom.

They are talented so the talented people will go to work for other studios, i'm not really worried about it. Maybe they can go screw up another greaet franchise.

So sony ruined socom? really? great. then good, let sony suffer too. if sony is what killed socom, then good riddance, they should go work for a company that doesnt destroy their vision.

Unit 13 is great tho, buggy, but a great handheld game. But man psp games never make or break a company. The ps3 and ps2 did.

Message 10 of 25 (532 Views)
0 Likes