Jul 29 2013
By: Illuvial Sackboy 521 posts

Would you like more PSN games to have Platinum trophies?

6 replies 117 views Edited Jul 29, 2013

I know I would! Dead Nation was awesome for giving us Platinum trophies, and I hope more games follow suit. Maybe for certain games the requirement for getting the Platinum trophy can include all DLC related trophies as well, since PSN games are generally smaller in terms of content and price and generally have fewer trophies when compared to disc based titles.

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 7 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Re: Would you like more PSN games to have Platinum trophies?

Jul 30, 2013
psn games have trophies. platinum trophies must be earned, and not obtain in a 30 min psn game. i believe certain psn games should have platinums but on the determining factor of length, replay value, and level of difficulty the game favors. rule of thumb is that platinums are the highest honor a gamer can obtain in gaming from achieving the tough gold and silver and annoying bronze trophies that the community has experienced.

† Stand Up And Be Counted †
Message 2 of 7 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3181 posts

Jul 30, 2013

If it does or doesn't, it won't stop me from getting a psn game I like.

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Message 3 of 7 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2599 posts

Jul 30, 2013
Imo, all PSN games, regardless of "Budget Title" "12 trophy limit" or "Indie" should all have platinum's.
Message 4 of 7 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Jul 30, 2013

Illuvial wrote: the requirement for getting the Platinum trophy can include all DLC related trophies as well

No.

I'm not going to spend MORE MONEY for something that should already be a part of the game I have already paid for.

I like them the way they are:

Buy DLC, additional trophies to get but does not affect the ability to get a Platinum trophy.

I don't like having Online trophies either, completely stupid. Some next to impossible to get, especially certain online trophies.... the older the game gets, the lesser chance the game will be populated which prevents ANY chance of obtaining it.

I can't ever get the Platinum trophy for Max Payne 3 because I have to be at the highest xp level, and its VERY HARD and takes a VERY LONG TIME. It doesn't help that finding a lobby takes at least 30minutes, and some lobbies for certain gametypes are always empty.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 5 of 7 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Last Guardian
11727 posts

Jul 30, 2013

DLC trophies should never mix in with the Platinum. That would affect the entire trophy system as it is. How so? Well, for one thing what if you've already gotten the Platinum before the DLC comes out? Would you then have to collect all the DLC trophies just to regain the Platinum?

As it is however, there are numerous PlayStation Network games with a Platinum trophy already. Amongst these are The Walking Dead, Okabu, Oddworld: Munch's Odyssey HD, Ratchet and Clank: Full Frontal Assault, Ratchet: Deadlocked HD, Spelunker HD, and the Trine series. Some of these games are available for purchase on disc as well, but other games out there also on disc like Back to the Future: The Game and Journey only get you the Platinum if you've installed and played through the disc-based copy.

Message 6 of 7 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1392 posts

Jul 30, 2013
i would love to see more psn games with platinum trophies .. but im bias i love getting trophies and platinums so i think everygame should have a platinum / trophies
Message 7 of 7 (49 Views)
0 Likes