Jul 29 2013
By: blackf77t Lombax Warrior 152 posts

Why buy multiple consoles?

39 replies 392 views Edited Jul 29, 2013

I really don't understand the logic of getting more than one console.  If you buy the PS4 and the Xbox One, you are paying an additional $500 for the Xbox One, an additional $50 per year for online, plus any games you buy,  Most of the games will be available on both platforms and if you even care about them most of the apps will be the same.  It doesn't seem like a good deal for an additional $900.

Message 1 of 40 (392 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1846 posts

Re: Why buy multiple consoles?

Jul 29, 2013

blackf77t wrote:

I really don't understand the logic of getting more than one console.  If you buy the PS4 and the Xbox One, you are paying an additional $500 for the Xbox One, an additional $50 per year for online, plus any games you buy,  Most of the games will be available on both platforms and if you even care about them most of the apps will be the same.  It doesn't seem like a good deal for an additional $900.

Xbox Live Gold is $60 a year actually. And many people do this for the exclusives each system has.

Get your Portable ID!
Motorstorm 80GB Bundle w/ 320GB HDD
Message 2 of 40 (391 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7402 posts

Jul 29, 2013

blackf77t wrote:

Because of the exclusives im getting a ps4 and a wii U as soon as ZELDA wiiu gets released. 

Message 3 of 40 (379 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Jul 29, 2013

Shadelon wrote:

blackf77t wrote:

Xbox Live Gold is $60 a year actually. And many people do this for the exclusives each system has.

I'm getting both systems and also Black77t YOU will have to buy an PSN Plus if you want to play online with the PS4 so....

Message 4 of 40 (377 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Jul 29, 2013

Only those who seek benefit in owning both has two or more. 

I personally will be owning one because I don't have time for two and its abit costly knowing how Microwsoft is. I also enjoy PlayStation exclusives more than other consoles with their marios and generic shooter games.

Message 5 of 40 (353 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
152 posts

Jul 29, 2013

MindHunterII wrote:

Shadelon wrote:

blackf77t wrote:

I'm getting both systems and also Black77t YOU will have to buy an PSN Plus if you want to play online with the PS4 so....

Mind,

If both systems are very similiar the barrier of entry is the cheaper system and online.  Once I have that, the more expensive system is the cost of having both systems, ie Xbox One at $500 for the box and $60 a year for eight years or $980.  It seems like some poeple think the exclusives are worth an additional $980 plus the cost of games.  Everyone has a right to make their own choice, but the price is to high to own more than one console as far as I am concerned.

Here is my follow up question for people buying the Xbox One.  Some of the exclusives are on the PC, ie Project Spark and Titanfall.  If you have a PC capable of playing these games, is it still worth it?

Message 6 of 40 (352 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Jul 30, 2013

blackf77t wrote:

MindHunterII wrote:

Shadelon wrote:

blackf77t wrote:

Mind,

If both systems are very similiar the barrier of entry is the cheaper system and online.  Once I have that, the more expensive system is the cost of having both systems, ie Xbox One at $500 for the box and $60 a year for eight years or $980.  It seems like some poeple think the exclusives are worth an additional $980 plus the cost of games.  Everyone has a right to make their own choice, but the price is to high to own more than one console as far as I am concerned.

Here is my follow up question for people buying the Xbox One.  Some of the exclusives are on the PC, ie Project Spark and Titanfall.  If you have a PC capable of playing these games, is it still worth it?

Black,

Both systems have game on them that I want to play....in the end it's all about the games not the systems.

Message 7 of 40 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1655 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 30, 2013

blackf77t wrote:

MindHunterII wrote:

Shadelon wrote:

blackf77t wrote:

Mind,

Ok? And Forza 5 and Halo are not on PC, along with other possible interesting exclusives in the future. Not every exclusive for the One will be on PC, and not everyone has a capable PC. Personally, I may entertain the idea of getting a One farther out into the future. Once the price drops anyway.

Message 8 of 40 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
809 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 30, 2013

Shadelon wrote:

That's the retail price, only idiots and ppl who don't care about money spend that. You can usually get a year of Xbox Live Gold for under $40. Not that I'm encouraging buying XBL Gold, paying for online is a ripoff!

My gaming history - NES, PS1, PS2, GBA SP, NDS, PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One
Message 9 of 40 (313 Views)
Sackboy
469 posts

Jul 30, 2013
I would never do that, personally. Mainly because the majority of Xbox exclusive are garbage (being a 360 owner). Can't wait to switch to PS when the PS4 drops.
------------------------------------------------
Message 10 of 40 (305 Views)
0 Likes