First Son
1 posts

Re: What needs to happen in gravity rush 2

Jul 11, 2013
I'd like to be able to interact with the other people. In persona 3 you get to build relationships with people and get to know some of the characters a bit better, that's something that I think would make the game better.
Message 21 of 29 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
446 posts

Jul 11, 2013
A lot of people in this thread just want to cram in every feature from every game they like. I don't think social links, weapons, or multiplayer would fit this game at all.
On the other hand, adding in heavy attacks or a counter would make combat far more interesting. Either Batman style or Heavenly Sword style combat mixed in with the flying could be really interesting.
Enemies scattered about the city like in inFamous would be great. Maybe the territory control system could work, but if they did do something like that it should be more dynamic. And you'd need a consistent human enemy faction, I think. Still, even without a territory system, enemies outside of quests is a must to make the city feel more alive
A deeper leveling system is a good idea. I'm not saying it needs to be extremely complicated, but an actual skill tree would be great. Still though, the RPG is secondary. Let's avoid potions, armor, and weapons. They just don't fit.
Being able to play as other characters would be very cool. Again, look at one of the major superhero franchises in gaming right now: Arkham. Arkham Asylum let you play as the Joker in challenge maps, and Arkham City let you play as Nightwing, Robin, and Cateoman in challenges and in free roam. Letting us play as Yunica, Raven, and maybe a new shifter would be great. Structuring this like Arkham City, where you play as them around the time their stories intersect with Kat's, and having then go on a mission or two would be a great change of pace. Then after you first play as them, being able to use them to roam the city, do challenges, and visit rift planes would be great.
Gravity Rush could definitely learn a few things from InFamous, too. There's definitely no need for a karma system; Kat's a hero, through and through. But like I said, a territory control system could fit. So could the focus on a variety of powers to choose from. A few battles with much larger scale enemies would be great; these were very exciting in inFamous 2. More environmental interaction would be great, too. Cole can throw cars and tear down structures. If the Vita can handle, they should go for it.
And give us real sidequests! Have things to do that are totally unnecessary to the main story but give us backgrounds details and make us more invested in the city. Explain more mundane things with these like the way technology works, where people get food, and how the police/military presence affects the everyday lives of the people. More collectibles would be good, too. Don't get rid of the current challenge missions, though, because they're fun and everybody likes competing for a high score.
The story, setting, and characters were great so they just need to keep that up. They need to answer a lot of questions but still keep the strong sense of mystery by raising more. Tell us about Alias, the Pillar, the Nevi, and the Creators. But don't tell us everything, and come up with new mysteries for us to ponder. Retain the comic book cutscenes, they're great.
Maybe shift the story forward a few years, so the city could change and grow, accelerated by the superheroes' help. Thanks to Kat and Raven, Hekseville should be able to build things it was never able to before.
In my opinion, they shouldn't worry about improving graphics. Instead they should focus on having a more active and interactive world, putting any better usage of power to improving gameplay first. Improve draw distances, on-screen character count, and environment destructability.
That's about everything I've got.
Message 22 of 29 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2031 posts

Jul 11, 2013
Co op. Some one plays as kat, another as raven, and endless horde, or a seperate story that takes place after/before GR2's story
Message 23 of 29 (208 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 26, 2013

You my friend, are a genius...I have some connections in the Sony designing community and I'm taking ur idea straight to the top...I agree with you very much on the upgrade mechanics and the aspect of a more freely customizable costume system. It will have to be elaborated a little more when the creation of the game is in progress, but the fabric of your idea is excitingly phenomenal.

Message 24 of 29 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
14 posts

Jul 30, 2013
Well, i haven't bought the game yet but I have dlc from other games and I just really hope that the sequel will let her speak English.
Message 25 of 29 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
446 posts

Aug 6, 2013
I just finished all the DLC (spy and military packs rock, maid pack is meh) and the spy pack gave me another idea. One of the best ways they could encourage exploration is by doing something similar to the Riddler challenges in Batman, especially Arkham City. There should be hidden objects, puzzles, and bombs that Alias sets up around the city. Instead of just repairing random stuff. They should say Alias broke it. The challenge missions should also be considered Alias challenges. They'd make up their own sidestory separate from the main game and once you did them all you'd find his hiding spot and get to fight him. They'd give you gems, improve your reputation, and all have a connecting story. The story connecting them would be really important, because it would motivate a lot more people to do the challenges and things than just trophies would. Just a thought, something that could be cool.
Message 26 of 29 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
446 posts

Aug 6, 2013
Another idea, this time to mix up the combat: enemies that are immune to certain types of attacks. This seems so obvious I'm surprised it wasn't in the first game. Imagine if those enemies that had armor could only have it broken by thrown objects, or if there were enemies whose eye faced the ground and could only be be hit by ground kicks. Those alone would make combat much more exciting.
Message 27 of 29 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Aug 6, 2013

Gravity rush 2 needs.....

1. to be longer

2. More enemy types

3. Intertwining storylines involving Kat and Raven(with raven as a playable character)

4. New game plus with harder difficulty everytime you select the option

5.. Random enemy encounters

6. Random events like the health races etc.

7. More move types

8. Combo system

9. And lastly more areas to visit

I would love to work for any gaming company but I believe that I lack the necessary requirements for hire. Well **** that im gonna buy everything I need to make a videogame myself. It may take me years but I will become a top industry game dev.
Message 28 of 29 (142 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Aug 11, 2013

Well, i just got the game and just finished it. It took me about 9 hours to finish. But i want the following:

Spoilers!! If you do not know the entire game, DO NOT read the italic text below.

Well, for one i want to play as Raven. Kat is good in all, but Raven just appeals to me more. Maybe you could also play as the sea wasp (i forget her name)

Kat's past: Maybe, like Cynea's dream said, Kat is a person of power (as in a ruler) yet she is weak. I want to learn more about it. It is so intriguing. 

Raven's past: I want to learn about her too. We don't here much about her, only that she was on the fallen bus.

Kat keeps saying she wants a boyfriend. It would be fun if she had a boyfriend, not just crushes.

Kat's finishing moves: can't that be a move option? I want to have her and dusty morph together and make the panther thing.

Object interaction: It is a little odd that there are telephones and houses and rides and tv's but you can't do anything about it. And maybe kat  could have a real house.

Message 29 of 29 (127 Views)
0 Likes