Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Re: Pixeljunk Monsters Ultimate HD Review and Gamplay. On Vita this Tuesday!

Jul 29, 2013

$15 is too much, IMO. Was hoping for a $10 price tag (before the PS+ discount). Guess I'll be waiting.

Message 11 of 25 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Jul 29, 2013

Mercenary09 wrote:

Buying a game just for trophies is kinda of sad. PJM is a great game made better now that it's on Vita. Trophies aren't that big a deal.

But I have purchased this game twice already. Is it too much to as that they put some effort into the "Ultimate" edition, trophy-wise?

Message 12 of 25 (84 Views)
First Son
13 posts

Jul 30, 2013

Oh man. I read this as "Monster Hunter Ultimate HD Review" and got way too excited.

Message 13 of 25 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4463 posts

Jul 30, 2013

johngie wrote:

Mercenary09 wrote:

Buying a game just for trophies is kinda of sad. PJM is a great game made better now that it's on Vita. Trophies aren't that big a deal.

But I have purchased this game twice already. Is it too much to as that they put some effort into the "Ultimate" edition, trophy-wise?

I understand where your coming from I just don't think trophies should be a deciding factor in whether to buy a great game or not.

Message 14 of 25 (72 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Jul 30, 2013

Mercenary09 wrote:

johngie wrote:

Mercenary09 wrote:

I understand where your coming from I just don't think trophies should be a deciding factor in whether to buy a great game or not.

Trophies are the absolute last thing I factor in when looking to buy a game. 99.9% (accurate number) of the time, I go in completely blind as to the trophy numbers and goals for a game.

I'll be buying PJM: Ultimate HD tomorrow/today, and will play it as soon as my Vita returns from servicing. It's just that, as I said before, I've bought this game twice now. I've done just about everything possible in the PSP version, and seeing as how Ultimate is just a more shiny version of Deluxe, I was hoping for something more, something unique.

Message 15 of 25 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4114 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 30, 2013

johngie wrote:

Mercenary09 wrote:

johngie wrote:

Mercenary09 wrote:

Trophies are the absolute last thing I factor in when looking to buy a game. 99.9% (accurate number) of the time, I go in completely blind as to the trophy numbers and goals for a game.

I'll be buying PJM: Ultimate HD tomorrow/today, and will play it as soon as my Vita returns from servicing. It's just that, as I said before, I've bought this game twice now. I've done just about everything possible in the PSP version, and seeing as how Ultimate is just a more shiny version of Deluxe, I was hoping for something more, something unique.

Since I'm the only other one talking about the trophies, it's exactly how you said [stuff I've colored yellow and red] except for: I also bought the UMD version of PJMD, so I bought it 3 times.

This is the ONE game I've complained about trophies per se. I use trophies to get the most of games on the PS3, and PS Vita sometimes. Story-wize you can be "finished" with a game, but not done with it, and the trophies actually tied to that stuff will aide you in completing the game full.

I've seen some really dumb trophy lists here and there for PS Vita games. [I don't have a list of them, in case anyone asks.] Rainbow everything PJM on Hard Mode, now THAT'S a Gold or Platinum trophy. Robot tongue

Message 16 of 25 (62 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 30, 2013

Ha I too bought the UMD version, but for my brother, so technicaly I've bought it three times Smiley Happy

Anyways, I've looked at the trophies for PS3 and Vita side-by-side, and there are actually 3 trophies in the PS3 version that are silver, yet their identical Vita counterparts are bronze -_-

Edit: And one gold trophy that is a bronze! I'm now hoping this list is just wrong.

Message 17 of 25 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4114 posts

Jul 30, 2013

johngie wrote:

Ha I too bought the UMD version, but for my brother, so technicaly I've bought it three times Smiley Happy

Anyways, I've looked at the trophies for PS3 and Vita side-by-side, and there are actually 3 trophies in the PS3 version that are silver, yet their identical Vita counterparts are bronze -_-

Edit: And one gold trophy that is a bronze! I'm now hoping this list is just wrong.

I hope the list you looked at is TOTALLY wrong! Cat Very Happy

Message 18 of 25 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
805 posts

Jul 30, 2013

i just got this, if u search in the psvita store the game shows b4 the update goes live. anyway just played a few rounds, its same as psp, and ps3 version. the levels seem to be same so far.  its the same version as ps3 and psp, nothing other than touch feature added. the trophys are the same as the cheesey ones ee gotin psp. alittle disopionted, paid 15 bucks for same game i had on 2 other devices. i know should have waited, but do love the game.

Message 19 of 25 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Jul 30, 2013

allnewfie wrote:

i just got this, if u search in the psvita store the game shows b4 the update goes live. anyway just played a few rounds, its same as psp, and ps3 version. the levels seem to be same so far.  its the same version as ps3 and psp, nothing other than touch feature added. the trophys are the same as the cheesey ones ee gotin psp. alittle disopionted, paid 15 bucks for same game i had on 2 other devices. i know should have waited, but do love the game.

Everything I've read has indicated the game is the same as the PSP version. I'm not sure why you were expecting otherwise.

And from the IGN review: "Perhaps a new Trophy list (comprised of a bunch of Bronzes)"

Smiley Sad

Message 20 of 25 (38 Views)
0 Likes