Reply
Jul 29 2013
By: Mercenary09 Treasure Hunter 4463 posts
Offline

Pixeljunk Monsters Ultimate HD Review and Gamplay. On Vita this Tuesday!

24 replies 198 views Edited Jul 29, 2013
Message 1 of 25 (198 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/20/2008
Offline
11942 posts
 

Re: Pixeljunk Monsters Ultimate HD Review and Gamplay. On Vita this Tuesday!

[ Edited ]
Jul 29, 2013

Thanks. Pretty much what I expected.

 

Just looked it up, and this game has...21 bronze trophies. That's it.

 

Message 2 of 25 (191 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 06/15/2009
Offline
4114 posts
 

Re: Pixeljunk Monsters Ultimate HD Review and Gamplay. On Vita this Tuesday!

Jul 29, 2013

I won't read anymore than I have already (very little) about the game since I've played the other versions to death already and want to experience the Ultimate HD for myself tomorrow. 

 

About the trophies though, I haven't looked at the info for them, are they NOT GOOD? Only bronze? Or are there some silver or gold? I KNOW there is no Platinum, if anyone wants to answer me, feel free, or don't. I'll know by tomorrow anyhow. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 25 (188 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/20/2008
Offline
11942 posts
 

Re: Pixeljunk Monsters Ultimate HD Review and Gamplay. On Vita this Tuesday!

Jul 29, 2013

Crazy-Maisy wrote:

 

About the trophies though, I haven't looked at the info for them, are they NOT GOOD? Only bronze? Or are there some silver or gold? I KNOW there is no Platinum, if anyone wants to answer me, feel free, or don't. I'll know by tomorrow anyhow. Smiley Happy



I've looked at three separate lists, they're all the same: 21 bronze trophies. The requirements are a mix of specfic actions, and trophy-challenge goals. Terribad.

Message 4 of 25 (186 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 06/15/2009
Offline
4114 posts
 

Re: Pixeljunk Monsters Ultimate HD Review and Gamplay. On Vita this Tuesday!

Jul 29, 2013

johngie wrote:

Crazy-Maisy wrote:

 

About the trophies though, I haven't looked at the info for them, are they NOT GOOD? Only bronze? Or are there some silver or gold? I KNOW there is no Platinum, if anyone wants to answer me, feel free, or don't. I'll know by tomorrow anyhow. Smiley Happy



I've looked at three separate lists, they're all the same: 21 bronze trophies. The requirements are a mix of specfic actions, and trophy-challenge goals. Terribad.


Ah, man, when they talked about it on the blog they were hazy about it but this is horrible! They said that there wasn't a Platinum, but the other trophies would be "like the PS3 ones sort of" and "tied to the Ultimate HD version's newer stuff."

 

[The quotes are around ideas I got from that source, not actual words quoted.]

 

I'll throw my 14.99 at it anyhow. Just have the feeling I may not be happy with the play if THAT is all they could do for us VITA-I-WANT-at-least-GOLD trophy hunters.

 

I'm not really a Trophy hunter, but I am one as such that if a game has trophies, they should make me feel proud. Bronze for PJM is not something to be proud of. I would rainbow everything on HARD and only get a bronze for something else. Robot Sad

 

I have longed for a day when PJM would give us trophies for the Rainbowing of Islands on the different difficuties, with a Platinum for it all. Sigh. Ain't tomorrow.

Message 5 of 25 (179 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 09/19/2008
Offline
4463 posts
 

Re: Pixeljunk Monsters Ultimate HD Review and Gamplay. On Vita this Tuesday!

Jul 29, 2013

Buying a game just for trophies is kinda of sad. PJM is a great game made better now that it's on Vita. Trophies aren't that big a deal.

Message 6 of 25 (169 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 04/21/2007
Offline
7408 posts
 

Re: Pixeljunk Monsters Ultimate HD Review and Gamplay. On Vita this Tuesday!

[ Edited ]
Jul 29, 2013

Man Pixeljunk Monsters has to be one of my favorite psn games ever, heck i even loved Pixeljunk Monsters Deluxe on the psp and now its coming to the vita with wifi online co op support, i didnt want to pay $14.99 for an old psn game but i love the franchise so much that i just simply need to get this tuesday. 

 

Now that we know Dead Nation is coming to the vita, i need sony to announce that Fat Princess and Warhawk are coming as well so we can have the best online multiplayer psn games on the little system lol 

Message 7 of 25 (167 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 09/19/2008
Offline
4463 posts
 

Re: Pixeljunk Monsters Ultimate HD Review and Gamplay. On Vita this Tuesday!

Jul 29, 2013

remanutd5 wrote:

Man Pixeljunk Monsters has to be one of my favorite psn games ever, heck i even loved Pixeljunk Monsters Deluxe on the psp and now its coming to the vita with wifi online co op support, i didnt want to pay $14.99 for an old psn game but i love the franchise so much that i just simply need to get this tuesday. 

 

Now that we know Dead Nation is coming to the vita, i need sony to announce that Fat Princess and Warhawk are coming as well so we can have the best online multiplayer psn games on the little system lol 


I agree. Dead Nation is going to be awesome on Vita and a port of Fat Princess or even maybe a Fat Princess 2 on Vita would be lots of fun!

Message 8 of 25 (161 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 04/21/2007
Offline
7408 posts
 

Re: Pixeljunk Monsters Ultimate HD Review and Gamplay. On Vita this Tuesday!

Jul 29, 2013

Mercenary09 wrote:

remanutd5 wrote:

Man Pixeljunk Monsters has to be one of my favorite psn games ever, heck i even loved Pixeljunk Monsters Deluxe on the psp and now its coming to the vita with wifi online co op support, i didnt want to pay $14.99 for an old psn game but i love the franchise so much that i just simply need to get this tuesday. 

 

Now that we know Dead Nation is coming to the vita, i need sony to announce that Fat Princess and Warhawk are coming as well so we can have the best online multiplayer psn games on the little system lol 


I agree. Dead Nation is going to be awesome on Vita and a port of Fat Princess or even maybe a Fat Princess 2 on Vita would be lots of fun!


Yea Dead Nation is gonna be awesome indeed and Fat Princess could be really great on psvita but i think Warhawk would be the BOMB!!!! i mean in my opinion Warhawk is the undisputed king when it comes to online gaming on the ps3.

Message 9 of 25 (156 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 07/07/2009
Online
806 posts
 

Re: Pixeljunk Monsters Ultimate HD Review and Gamplay. On Vita this Tuesday!

Jul 29, 2013

i love pixel junk monsters. got it for my ps3  and for my psp and played both version till i finished the game. even when i gotmy vita i put my psp copy on vita and played the levels all again. so i cant wait to get this tomorrow. sucks about the trophys, but not to worried about that. and i thought  the game was going for 9.99?

Message 10 of 25 (155 Views)
Reply
0 Likes