Jul 30 2013
By: b_boren13 First Son 1 posts

PS4 Controller

11 replies 191 views Edited Jul 30, 2013

where the hell is the ps4 forum? if there isnt one how do you complain about the sorry excuse of a controller layout sony continues to call a gamepad. Yes I do not own a ps3 for the sole reason of the crap controller. Sadly xbone has seariously disapointed me and i will be going to the ps4 but there must be some thing i can do about the horrible controller. last ditch i just whont buy either. but i really hope there is a way around my issue. Rant over. Thanks for listening to me dry.

Message 1 of 12 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1846 posts

Re: PS4 Controller

Jul 30, 2013

b_boren13 wrote:

where the hell is the ps4 forum? if there isnt one how do you complain about the sorry excuse of a controller layout sony continues to call a gamepad. Yes I do not own a ps3 for the sole reason of the crap controller. Sadly xbone has seariously disapointed me and i will be going to the ps4 but there must be some thing i can do about the horrible controller. last ditch i just whont buy either. but i really hope there is a way around my issue. Rant over. Thanks for listening to me dry.

Just what exactly IS your issue with the awesome and amazing Dualshock 4?

Get your Portable ID!
Motorstorm 80GB Bundle w/ 320GB HDD
Message 2 of 12 (188 Views)
First Son
11 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 30, 2013

I have a 360 too and the only positive I can give it over the DualShock 3 is the triggers. R2 and L2 are awful on the DS3 for racing and shooting games.

I don't like the marble-like face buttons on the 360 pad. They're not ideal for hack-and-slash action games like God of War, Ninja Gaiden, Prince of Persia, or Devil May Cry. Or any game that makes big use of the face buttons. The battery pack sticking out of the back leaves no room for my hands. My fingers get cramped between the battery pack and the handles. Let's not even talk about the fact that you still need AA's or to buy another peripheral to power the thing. Never been a fan of the misaligned analog sticks and don't get me started on the D pad.

The new PS pad has made a lot of changes from the previous one. The Xbox pad is virtually the same without the battery compartment being uncomfortably in the way anymore. Sony asked for input from developers and made a new controller to their requests and specifications. The DualShock 4 is getting really good reviews and feedback from people who have used it.

Message 3 of 12 (155 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1846 posts

Jul 30, 2013

FreshLikeWill wrote:

I have a 360 too and the only positive I can give it over the DualShock 3 is the triggers. R2 and L2 are awful on the DS3 for racing and shooting games.

I don't like the marble-like face buttons on the 360 pad. They're not ideal for hack-and-slash action games like God of War, Ninja Gaiden, Prince of Persia, or Devil May Cry. Or any game that makes big use of the face buttons. The battery pack sticking out of the back leaves no room for my hands. My fingers get cramped between the battery pack and the handles. Let's not even talk about the fact that you still need AA's or to buy another peripheral to power the thing. Never been a fan of the misaligned analog sticks and don't get me started on the D pad.

The new PS pad has made a lot of changes from the previous one. The Xbox pad is virtually the same without the battery compartment being uncomfortably in the way anymore. Sony asked for input from developers and made a new controller to their requests and specifications. The DualShock 4 is getting really good reviews and feedback from people who have used it.

Including rave reviews from a lot of diehard Xbox users who, like this guy, hated the dualshock 3 with a passion. I think all one really needs to do is to actually give it a chance and when given the chance, hold the Dualshock 4 for themselves and give it a test go. They'll immediately come to love it as many already have.

PS: I LOVE the touchpad. It will add so much more to the experience, I salivate right now just thinking of the possibilities.

Get your Portable ID!
Motorstorm 80GB Bundle w/ 320GB HDD
Message 4 of 12 (148 Views)
Sackboy
469 posts

Jul 30, 2013
Some people are afraid to think outside the box. Quit holding back the gaming community and go play CoD!
------------------------------------------------
Message 5 of 12 (140 Views)
Lombax Warrior
210 posts

Jul 30, 2013
DS4 looks great much bigger than the ds3 im happy with the new pad
My names roastbeefbeast and I dislike most people Smiley Very Happy
Message 6 of 12 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
179 posts

Jul 30, 2013

It looks like it'll be a palm-based controller instead of a finger one.

Eagle, Globe and Anchor

Message 7 of 12 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Jul 30, 2013

b_boren13 wrote:

where the hell is the ps4 forum? if there isnt one how do you complain about t_____

The community has two dedicated PS4 threads, which you are very welcome in:

PS4 - Everything We Know So Far:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/Playstation-4-Everything-about-it-so-far/...

Ps4 Concerns?  Post them here - we'll help:

https://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/Do-you-have-worries-about-the-PS4-Please...

Grindhead_Jim

Message 8 of 12 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Jul 30, 2013
Well you know what you can do if you don't like the Duelshock 4, run on over to Xbox or PC and if it still ain't good enough then don't bother gaming or go build your own sorry **bleep** excuse for a controller!
Message 9 of 12 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1648 posts

Jul 30, 2013

I love the ps3 controller, before they added vibration, I thought it was very light and loved it -_- I hope the new one isn't heavy, I'd op out of vibration for a lighter controller anyday

Got my Vita for $50. Woot.
Message 10 of 12 (92 Views)
0 Likes