Wastelander
809 posts

Re: PS Plus on PS4

Jul 8, 2013

Teus wrote:
You realize none of those platforms prevents a developer form charging to use their game online...

Not even steam...
And you have to realize things change.. Just like the ps4 dropping the multi a/v out port, (yes it's confirmed that it will be Hdmi only)
You just can't always expect things to go the way it always went,

it's either you embrace the change or you don't, that is your choice but don't go crying to mommy when you suddenly find yourself no longer able to play online.. Because it is always possible things may also change on the PC side

I do realize things change, but this is not a change for the better. Charging for something that is free now is a change for the worse. A company did try to change free online play on PC, its name was Microsoft with it service GFWL but PC gamers revolted and then Microsoft made the service free.

My gaming history - NES, PS1, PS2, GBA SP, NDS, PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One
Message 31 of 83 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Jul 8, 2013

No, we must not do same.

I'm for people having their own opinions on the PS plus/PS4 deal, but really, you shouldn't be trying to recruit others based on your feelings against it.

Maybe people like the idea of paying for a more enhanced network? Personally, I have PS plus, and I think it's a great deal. 

To me, it's not about the cost of paying for it. Just look at what you get in return, and free games never hurt, did they?

Plus, who doesn't want a more stable online network. I know I sure do.

Message 32 of 83 (184 Views)
Welcoming Committee
4975 posts

Jul 8, 2013

The only way Sony will change the PS4 requiring PS+ for multiplayer is if you can get the majority of people that pre ordered a system to cancel it and tell Sony why. 

Message 33 of 83 (183 Views)
Wastelander
809 posts

Jul 8, 2013

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

No, we must not do same.

I'm for people having their own opinions on the PS plus/PS4 deal, but really, you shouldn't be trying to recruit others based on your feelings against it.

Maybe people like the idea of paying for a more enhanced network? Personally, I have PS plus, and I think it's a great deal. 

To me, it's not about the cost of paying for it. Just look at what you get in return, and free games never hurt, did they?

Enhanced how? I see no point in Sony putting Online play behind a PS Plus sub other than pure greed!

Message 34 of 83 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12361 posts

Jul 8, 2013
It's not a change for the worse if it is to make the service better.. I'm sorry but if is commonly known that you get better service from services you pay for than services you don't pay for..

Or in laymans terms..

You get what you pay for
>

Message 35 of 83 (174 Views)
Welcoming Committee
4975 posts

Jul 8, 2013

cross12095 wrote:

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

No, we must not do same.

Enhanced how? I see no point in Sony putting Online play behind a PS Plus sub other than pure greed!

And thinking it should be free forever is pure entitlement. 

Message 36 of 83 (172 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 9, 2013

I am completely okay that Sony is going to start charging everyone for online play. In fact, I am actually gald that they are. I have played a lot of online games for both the 360 and ps3 and I can honestly say that xbox live is way better (for the record I own both systems so don't call me a microsoft fanboy). With this $50 charge, the service should be greatly improved and let's not forget that you get amazing games every month with this service.

Message 37 of 83 (166 Views)
Wastelander
809 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 8, 2013

Ikit-Klaw wrote:

No, it's becuase it's the way its always been and always should be.

It's like Google started charging for it services - Youtube, Gmail, etc

You wouldn't like it would you, the same thing is about to happen to the PSN, open your eyes man!

Message 38 of 83 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4975 posts

Jul 8, 2013

cross12095 wrote:

Ikit-Klaw wrote:

No, it's becuase it's the way its always been and always should be.

It's like Google started charging for it services - Youtube, Gmail, etc

You wouldn't like it would you, the same thing is about to happen to the PSN, open your eyes man!

Entitlement. 

And if Google started charging and was going to give a better service for it I would not complain. 

Message 39 of 83 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
809 posts

Jul 8, 2013

Unclear_Motive wrote:

I am completely glad that Sony is going to start charging everyone for online play. I have played a lot of online games for both the 360 and ps3 and I can honestly say that xbox live is way better (for the record I own both systems so don't call me a microsoft fanboy). With this $50 charge, the service should be greatly improved and let's not forget that you get amazing games every month with this service.

Please enlighten me in what ways XBL is better than the PSN?

Message 40 of 83 (154 Views)
0 Likes