Fender Bender
3165 posts

Re: How many customers will Sony lose because of Pay to Play?

Jul 29, 2013

I'll still be getting a ps4, but I hate the idea for paying for a service that I've been using for free for years, it won't stop me from sticking with sony.

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Message 81 of 197 (319 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
88 posts

Jul 29, 2013
Message 82 of 197 (317 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
152 posts

Jul 29, 2013

Punfisher wrote:

We're arguing over semantics here.  Just like Sony has made statements that they aren't charging now and may later, they have made statements saying they are not going to charge to play online.

But here's my main problem with you guys personally.  Many of you think I'm not paying enough for my hobby.  What gives you the right?  It's not your place.  You are completely free to give up as much money as you want to.  Go donate your paychecks to Sony if you feel that strongly.  But here you are fighting tooth and nail for me to give up more of my money.  You have no right.

Semantics is when two sides are saying the same thing different ways.  You are making a claim Sony said they would never charge and another poster posted links that seem to show they didn't.  Do you have a link to back up your statement?

I don't understand the logic of your second paragraph for several reasons.

1.) I don't think anyone here is holding a gun to your head to buy PS+ or the PS4 or even implied it.

2.) You came to a Sony sponsored board to complain about PS+.  There is a general consensus here that it is a good deal.

3.) Why did you post to discuss this, if you didn't think we had a right to disagree with you.

It seems like the people who disagree with you are backing up their position with logic and you aren't.

Message 83 of 197 (303 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5054 posts

Jul 29, 2013

blackf77t wrote:

Punfisher wrote:

We're arguing over semantics here.  Just like Sony has made statements that they aren't charging now and may later, they have made statements saying they are not going to charge to play online.

But here's my main problem with you guys personally.  Many of you think I'm not paying enough for my hobby.  What gives you the right?  It's not your place.  You are completely free to give up as much money as you want to.  Go donate your paychecks to Sony if you feel that strongly.  But here you are fighting tooth and nail for me to give up more of my money.  You have no right.

Semantics is when two sides are saying the same thing different ways.  You are making a claim Sony said they would never charge and another poster posted links that seem to show they didn't.  Do you have a link to back up your statement?

I don't understand the logic of your second paragraph for several reasons.

1.) I don't think anyone here is holding a gun to your head to buy PS+ or the PS4 or even implied it.

2.) You came to a Sony sponsored board to complain about PS+.  There is a general consensus here that it is a good deal.

3.) Why did you post to discuss this, if you didn't think we had a right to disagree with you.

It seems like the people who disagree with you are backing up their position with logic and you aren't.

There is no point in agruing with him anymore. He completely ignores any proof people provide him. 

Consumer Services and Technical Support 1-800-345-7669
Mon - Fri, 8:00AM - 8:00PM PST

Live Chat
I don't work for Sony. Just a gamer helping others.
Message 84 of 197 (299 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Jul 29, 2013
Well as much as some are torn up about it , I'm used to it thanks to Microsoft. Maybe the charge goes to improving online matches / services and discounts.
Message 85 of 197 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
342 posts

Jul 29, 2013

TH3PUFFMAN wrote:

Oh not you again, hide in your own thread you big baby.

Message 86 of 197 (271 Views)
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Jul 29, 2013
I dont think sony will lose any fans to micro$oft if thays what ppl think. I too loved the 100% free to play on ps3 but with a new gen i see how sonys trying to make a better ps+ to rival microsoft. They already have a great start as of last gen which now micro$oft took note and is copying. They also have devoted time to look at what micro$oft is doing wrong to gamers and fixing that with theres so the new ps+ will be beneficial to fans. Like what should be behind the paywall and what shouldnt. I have faith in Sony as a provider and company and look forward to the new ps+ and how much better it will be
Message 87 of 197 (255 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 29, 2013

Ok first of all I do own a ps3 and have a ps4 on order for my girlfriend which I just traded our two xboxes in for, I also can afford to pay for this service. Here is my thoughts and I know this is a Sony board so there are people here that can defend or spin anything Sony's way. There also those kids who have parents who spoil them so they have no idea what money is and there are those people with way too much money. Also most gamers do not use the message boards.

With that said people have to be crazy that this wont affect sales even though I think the ps4 will outsell the ps3 percentage wise. Look at nelfix when they raised the price a few dollars.  There are those people who don’t have allot of money and this may make them do other things. I think the biggest thing that will happen is between the monthly charges and higher new console cost some people will move too the pc. Monthly charges or yearly how ever you decide to pay.

Basically I think ps4 will do better percentage wise than the ps3 did for sure and sealing maketshare from the Xbox. It is easier to program for this time around and cheaper than the new xbox. Those are pluses.  Selling more than the xbox this time around is possible again. Xbox live is better than anything Sony has as of right now. They also do give games away for free now. Some of you must have not been on live in a long time.

That being said I think Sony will take a bigger piece of the console pie this time around only problem is the pie will be smaller, either from people saying gaming is getting to expensive or moving to the pc since the cost gap is getting narrower.

Reasons I think the pie will be smaller.

First is all the junk MS just tried to pull. That will hurt console sales overall.

Second the prices of consoles going up.

Third all the nickle and dimming with all the add ons and service. Gaming is getting expensive when a extra controller is 50.00.

Again I think the ps4 will out sell the ps3 percentage wise but will sell less than it could have with the service staying free. I think the real winner here could be the pc. I know even though we have a ps4 on order for us I am considering computer gaming again which I have not done in a long time. We shall see the new consoles are not even out yet so things can change in a blink of an eye...

Honestly it is all about games. We bought a ps3 and ordered a ps4 for FFXIV.. Microsoft was not smart enough to allow this game.

Hapy gaming all...

Message 88 of 197 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1392 posts

Jul 29, 2013
they won't loose me im a ps plus subscriber and have been for some years now ... so nothing really has changed justeep buying ps plus like ive been doing you wont really notice anything if you are a ps plus subscriber and subscribe all the time.. BUT for those who don't get ps plus this will be an adjustment for them
Message 89 of 197 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

Jul 29, 2013

It will still be  much cheaper than XBox Live so not many customers will leave.  Even if PS owners don't want to pay for online play, they still can enjoy their PS otherwise what other choice do they have, other than getting a WiiU?

Message 90 of 197 (206 Views)
0 Likes