MVP Support
6111 posts

Re: How many customers will Sony lose because of Pay to Play?

[ Edited ]
Jul 28, 2013

HunterRose76 wrote:

Honestly, I don't understand why people are getting so bent out of shape about the PS+ requirement for PS4. I guess it must be an age thing. I am in my 30s and a family man so I seek out deals. PS+ is a good deal and I would pay for it even if it was a PS3 requirement. Sony is basically saying, we need your money to make the system more robust and reliable. We know it is not an ideal situation so for your $50 a year we are going to give you all of this:

PS+ Games

Seriously, what is to complain about. Even without owning a PS-Vita that is a good deal.

Actually, it's only a few people who want to voice their opinion on the matter, they don't speak for the majority whatsover. We've heard their opinion and it's fine, they are use to something being free and now they have to pay, they can be upset all day long if they like, nothing is going to change though and that's why they are upset over it. They don't want to pay for PS+, it's their choice not to and they don't have to, no one is making them to do so, no one is making them buy a PS4. There's no way you are going to convince them otherwise either, they are steadfast in their opinion because it is just that, their opinion, not your and the millions of others. Take in mind that no matter how much they voice their opinion, nothing is going to change on the front in regards to PS+ is required to play online. We've shown multiple times why it's required, what doesn't require PS+, nothing is going to change their minds and you just have to accept it as much as we we accept that we have to pay to play online. WE see the benefits, we see the reasoning , there will be few who chose to not do so. They can stick with PS3 and not buy PS4 if it is a problem. You can't make everyone happy and I'm sure Sony even knows this. The PS4 just isn't catered to each and every individual, it was made for the masses. If a few object, let them do so, it's not hurting me or millions of others who will be buying the PS4...

Message 71 of 197 (478 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Jul 28, 2013

There is one question I have not seen answered. Once we get the Genkai streaming service on PS4 will our collection of PS+ PS3 games work on the PS4? If it has been answered could someone please post a link, that would make PS+ even more popular on the PS4 for me.

Message 72 of 197 (468 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 29, 2013

Punfisher wrote:

We're arguing over semantics here.  Just like Sony has made statements that they aren't charging now and may later, they have made statements saying they are not going to charge to play online.

But here's my main problem with you guys personally.  Many of you think I'm not paying enough for my hobby.  What gives you the right?  It's not your place.  You are completely free to give up as much money as you want to.  Go donate your paychecks to Sony if you feel that strongly.  But here you are fighting tooth and nail for me to give up more of my money.  You have no right.

You've repeatedly said, "Sony said they'd never charge for online." I posted a link to an interview (below) that only 7 months into PS3 life that stated that they may charge for PSN in the future, and asked you to post a link to where you have seen Sony say, "We (Sony) will never charge for PSN" as you have been saying, not "We (Sony) will never charge for PS3 online on PSN". There is a difference.

It's entirely up to you to decide how much you feel your hobby is worth. The same as I didn't buy BF3, because I didn't want to support EA charging for additional profiles to play online with my copy of it.

UnrealButcher wrote:

Punfisher wrote:
Yeah, for years they shouted it from the rooftops man. That was their big sales pitch to separate themselves from their competitors.

Here's what I found. It's from June 2007, just 7 months after PS3 launched in the US. Feel free to link any info you have of someone from PSN saying that the Network (not PS3) will never charge for the service.

Sony to charge for PlayStation Network

Director of PlayStation Network says Sony may one day charge for PSN

Eric Lempel, director of PlayStation Network operations, has said that the company may one day charge for PSN. He also feels PSN and Xbox Live are currently operating on a roughly level playing field and reveals improvements to the service currently in development.

Speaking to Gametrailers Lempel said that there was little to differentiate Xbox Live and PSN offerings to consumers bar the price. However, Lempel indicated that as the service grows, PSN may not always be available for free.

"Microsoft had a year jump on us for the launch and essentially we're offering a lot of the same stuff. I don't think there's a big difference in exactly what we're offering when it comes down to the nuts and bolts of what's actually there for the consumer... We're not charging money for our service. That's a key differentiating factor."

However, that could be open to change in the future.

"Right now that's our model. In time anything can change but right now we're happy with it."

So again, feel free to post a link and quote from Sony saying that they will not charge for the use of PSN on their future platforms. Those that came over from XBL, because PSN was free for PS3 have nothing to complain about as far as you can still enjoy PS3 online games for free.

So now can we put the, "Sony said PSN would never charge" arguement to rest? Well unless someone can link to them saying it (PSN) will never charge. I'll listen if you can give me a link, but I couldn't find one and that was using "Bing" a MS search engine. I'd think they'd be all over that info to help out XBL and XBox's platform.

Message 73 of 197 (465 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

Jul 28, 2013

MuzikFreq wrote:

Pay $50 a year...

oh noes that combo at McDonalds!!! GOTTA HAVE IT MY WAY AT BURGERKING

You know how many times I've skipped lunch in my lifetime to grab an extra game? And no it wasn't McD's. lol. Gas prices went up, I quit smoking.

Message 74 of 197 (463 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
342 posts

Jul 28, 2013

UnrealButcher wrote:

MuzikFreq wrote:

Pay $50 a year...

You know how many times I've skipped lunch in my lifetime to grab an extra game? And no it wasn't McD's. lol. Gas prices went up, I quit smoking.

smoking is bad anyways Smiley Tongue

Message 75 of 197 (461 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Jul 29, 2013

MuzikFreq wrote:

UnrealButcher wrote:

MuzikFreq wrote:

Pay $50 a year...

smoking is bad anyways Smiley Tongue

Yes, it is.... I've noticed my teeth got a little stained from my 3 year stint, even when I brushed my teeth 3 times a day.

now that I've quit, my teeth are slowly becoming whiter and whiter.

I still smoke a good cigar every once in a while, but thats like once in a blue moon when I enjoy a good steak dinner with wine and finishe with whiskey, cigar and a movie/strip club visit. 

I used to smoke everyday and chain smoke A LOT.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 76 of 197 (433 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jul 29, 2013
I just wish they didn't make us pay D: Like we have been comfortable not paying and we still buy add-ons to games isn't that enough?
”First the doctor told me the good news: I was going to have a disease named after me.”
Message 77 of 197 (424 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
138 posts

Jul 29, 2013

Few, if any. 

Seriously, if "having to pay to play online" is a reason you're switching to the OTHER next gen Console, Just wait until you buy your first XBL GOLD membership Card, They cost more... and you don't get free stuff.... or discounts on the XBL online store..... In fact the only thing you're really getting with an XBox LIVE gold Membership is the ability to play the next Call of Halo (Yes, I went there)

When in doubt ask yourself;" What would Daryl Dixon do?"
Message 78 of 197 (422 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1573 posts

Jul 29, 2013

KZMProductionsGT wrote:

I already know a decent number of people who are not getting ps4 and will either stay with their ps3 or go to pc. Im thinking some people will stay to their word of not paying to play online on top of paying for internet. Only 5 people on my friends list have PS Plus, and I dont expect that every one of my friends will even be cool with getting PS Plus in the first place :/

Becuase there is now a paywall for online multi, how many customers do you think Sony will lose because of this?

This **bleep** again.. Seriously.. Muahahahaaa 

Message 79 of 197 (437 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

Jul 29, 2013

Strangeguy32000 wrote:

Few, if any. 

Seriously, if "having to pay to play online" is a reason you're switching to the OTHER next gen Console, Just wait until you buy your first XBL GOLD membership Card, They cost more... and you don't get free stuff.... or discounts on the XBL online store..... In fact the only thing you're really getting with an XBox LIVE gold Membership is the ability to play the next Call of Halo (Yes, I went there)

No no its not Call of Halo; its Halo of Duty lol.  Good one though I like it.

PSN:dragon672 Xbox: dragon672

Message 80 of 197 (428 Views)
0 Likes