Survivor
2689 posts

Re: How many customers will Sony lose because of Pay to Play?

[ Edited ]
Jul 28, 2013

50$ a year is just 15c a day, it nothing, people just dont like paying for things that used to be free - its the same here in Ireland now with water rates and house taxes just coming in.

and there is free to play.

Message 51 of 197 (256 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

Jul 28, 2013
The thing is FenderBender, nobody has to bend over to sony, it's a little give and take. MS was charging for strictly just online for 60$..... PS4 is that and a lot more extras for 50$.
Message 52 of 197 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

Jul 28, 2013

BombPin wrote:
The thing is FenderBender, nobody has to bend over to sony, it's a little give and take. MS was charging for strictly just online for 60$..... PS4 is that and a lot more extras for 50$.

Yes, we get a lot more on PS+ than on XBL. I'm not arguing that, Lombax Warrior. (Note: I honestly don't know many people who paid the $60 for XBL. They usually paid $45-50 for it. You can find XBL cards online for way cheaper than buying them from retail stores / MS direct. Same applies for PS+ cards.)

Right now PS+ > XBL, when it comes to PS3 / 360. But we can not yet compare it to XBL, while speaking about the PS4.

We don't know how often we will get all the "extras" on PS4's PS+. It is a new console. I can't imagine they would want to give out too many "Free" games right away. Even the PS+ edition of "DriveClub" is not the full retail game.

But, in the long run, I think it will be worth it. After all, it's not like the Instant Game Collection was introduced on PS3, at the launch of PS+.

I could honestly see those PS4-only owners having complaints about PS+, more than those owners who have a PS3 and/or PSV as well.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 53 of 197 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

Jul 28, 2013

The PS4 will not play a PS3 game.  You guys keep making the case that you get all the free PS3 games when you sign up for Plus.  What will they give you when the PS4 comes out?  A bunch of games you can't even play?

The free stuff is gonna stop when PS+ is mandatory. 

Get your Portable ID!
The gap between PS3 and everything before is so huge that backwards compatibility is more important now than ever. PS3 games should be preserved.
Message 54 of 197 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1465 posts

Jul 28, 2013

Punfisher wrote:

The PS4 will not play a PS3 game.  You guys keep making the case that you get all the free PS3 games when you sign up for Plus.  What will they give you when the PS4 comes out?  A bunch of games you can't even play?

The free stuff is gonna stop when PS+ is mandatory. 

youll be getting free p4 games and all remake psn games considering all indie devs are hard at work already

photo 4uxeSNX.jpgIn Me

Message 55 of 197 (241 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1050 posts

Jul 28, 2013

Wrong.

Go to everything about the PS4.

Here's a link so you can see what's to come.

http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2013/07/25/9-free-ps4-games/

Courage is saddling up, even though your scared to death.

Atari 2600, ColecoVision, NES, Genesis, Saturn, Sega CD, PS1, PS2, PS3 (2), DS, PSP, 360, PS4, VITA
Message 56 of 197 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
228 posts

Jul 28, 2013
If U wanna play on a worthy system u are gonna pay, PS+ Is 5 Bucks A Month. It Cost More To Be A PC Gamer If U Ask Me, A Good Quality Gaming PC Cost At Least 800 Bucks, A HD Screen Of Good Size 175 to 250. Plus A Gaming Keyboard So If U Ask Me Console Gaming Is Still Cheaper.
Message 57 of 197 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

Jul 28, 2013

Punfisher wrote:
Yeah, for years they shouted it from the rooftops man. That was their big sales pitch to separate themselves from their competitors.

Here's what I found. It's from June 2007, just 7 months after PS3 launched in the US. Feel free to link any info you have of someone from PSN saying that the Network (not PS3) will never charge for the service.

Sony to charge for PlayStation Network

Director of PlayStation Network says Sony may one day charge for PSN

Eric Lempel, director of PlayStation Network operations, has said that the company may one day charge for PSN. He also feels PSN and Xbox Live are currently operating on a roughly level playing field and reveals improvements to the service currently in development.

Speaking to Gametrailers Lempel said that there was little to differentiate Xbox Live and PSN offerings to consumers bar the price. However, Lempel indicated that as the service grows, PSN may not always be available for free.

"Microsoft had a year jump on us for the launch and essentially we're offering a lot of the same stuff. I don't think there's a big difference in exactly what we're offering when it comes down to the nuts and bolts of what's actually there for the consumer... We're not charging money for our service. That's a key differentiating factor."

However, that could be open to change in the future.

"Right now that's our model. In time anything can change but right now we're happy with it."

Message 58 of 197 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4741 posts

Jul 28, 2013

The only people that Sony will "lose" because of "Pay to Play" are a few unreasonable cheapskates. That's not much of a loss though, now is it?

semajmarc87
My YouTube | My Twitter
200+ Subscribers | 1,500+ Followers
Message 59 of 197 (254 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
270 posts

Jul 28, 2013

heGOTmeAGAIN wrote:

Wrong.

Go to everything about the PS4.

Here's a link so you can see what's to come.

http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2013/07/25/9-free-ps4-games/

To me personally only 1 or 2 of those games interest me....Planetside 2 and Blacklight.  But not enough to make me run and jump and buy the PS4 and PS + .  I played DC universe for a while and then lost interest so these Free to play games just aren't for me.  I'm still waiting until InFamous and Order 1886 comes out or more info on them at least.  If either of those interest me I'll stick with my PS3 for a while longer I guess without PS +.  Because for me PS+ isn't for me.

Message 60 of 197 (249 Views)
0 Likes