Hekseville Citizen
366 posts

Re: How many customers will Sony lose because of Pay to Play?

Jul 17, 2013
No every one feels Like that ?... pay To play is More of a Scam Depending on who is.. Giving the Vibe understand Not all of us can Find Alot of "Paying Jobs" some of u work for Minimun Wages.. not Max wages.. so Sony would Lose alot of Costumers. 60$ worth of Gaming + Pay to Play..

ya am gonna pass On that..

"You can't believe everything on the Internet"-- Kevin Butler
Message 21 of 197 (403 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
368 posts

Jul 17, 2013
I dont think Sony will lose anything for making people pay for online gaming with Playstation Plus on the PS4. The console is not even out yet and pre-orders are through the roof. Online gaming is a perk not a requirement and since these consoles have a 10yr shelve life the number of subscriptions will grow when more and more people have friends that pay online and hear about the things they are missing out on.
Playstation Money
SHAREfactory 5x1
Message 22 of 197 (397 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
464 posts

Jul 17, 2013

yosnel79 wrote:
No every one feels Like that ?... pay To play is More of a Scam Depending on who is.. Giving the Vibe understand Not all of us can Find Alot of "Paying Jobs" some of u work for Minimun Wages.. not Max wages.. so Sony would Lose alot of Costumers. 60$ worth of Gaming + Pay to Play..

How is it that I don't have a job and yet can still manage to save $4 to $5 a month so that I can renew my plus subscription next year (mine expires in May 2014). I barely get any money (thankfully with my taking care of my room mates dogs while he is away for a few months helps me). I am hoping I will have a job soon so that I can buy more games AND the PS4 when I can.

photo giphydgd.gif
"Hey look a PS4 for sale! Quick someone get it before it's sold!!"
Message 23 of 197 (391 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5476 posts

Jul 17, 2013

yosnel79 wrote:

I feel compelled to reiterate the point that has been made numerous times elsewhere: If an additional $60 cost per year is going to break you, then you can't afford to get a PS4 in the first place.  Stick with the PS3 for now, as it will remain free-to-play. 

Let's say that you already had a PS4, and money is an issue:  stick with used games, and use the recouped money to pay for PS+.

If this is about an aforementioned "line in the sand", then, fine.  Feel free to not pay for a service that you will not be using.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 24 of 197 (389 Views)
MVP Support
5974 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 17, 2013

weaver-_o wrote:
This isn't a big deal for me coming from the Xbox community or just play MMO's on the ocmputer, I'm used to a subscription. However, with the Playstation Plus this is the first membership I'm happy about. Reason being is, the very first time or any time you get a membership you get your money back day 1! You get good titles, discounts on games or avatars and themes. I mean I paid $18 to try out a 3 month and instantly got my monmey back. PS+ required to play? Not a problem.

Agreed, when I was paying for Gold all I got was the ability to play online, that's it. The access to free apps was a slap in the face. PlayStation Plus is so worth paying for yearly, the games they gave me freely paid for PlayStation Plus on the first day. I got so many games now, I frankly don't have time to play them all. Plus my saves are constantly backed up in the cloud servers and not having to worry about that, updates, patches, and trophy syncs is something I've taken for granted now since PlayStation Plus does it for me. Discounts are super crazy, I got loads of games for cheap rivalling Steam (there was aPSN game for 60 cents with a sale and PS+ discount, I believe it was Hydrophobia. Steams lowest sale of that was $3.)

People who cry about it are a small vocal minority and fuss over a service they never tried in their life. So their opinion on matter is about as solid as water in the ocean. Millions of sold out PS4's have spoken, no one minds actually. If it was an issue a Xbox would have died long ago for their bare bones pay to play online service (you get so much features out of PlayStation Plus, the minority just don't know.)

30 million Xbox live users who game online all the time pay stupidly every year for to do it and have no problems doing it. Stay with PS3 if it's a problem, we'll be here on the other side whenever you get out of your rut attitude.

Also is it too much to ask to search next time, we have plenty of regurgitated threads about this from our misguided single post users...

Message 25 of 197 (388 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11295 posts

Jul 17, 2013

KZMProductionsGT wrote:

how many customers do you think Sony will lose because of this?

Not many IMO, i think all consoles will have that at one point...

Message 26 of 197 (367 Views)
MVP Support
5974 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 17, 2013

renatabls wrote:

KZMProductionsGT wrote:

how many customers do you think Sony will lose because of this?

Not many IMO, i think all consoles will have that at one point...

True that, the hundred or so who aren't getting it out the millions who are won't make a dent on sales any how. What's ironic is, they'll buy it eventually any how. PlayStation Plus is so feature rich and such a great value over the bare bones Xbox Live Gold subscription.

Call of Duty players said they are sick of the same old same old every year and wanted change (like dedicated servers) or they wouldn't buy it. That series fan base grows bigger and bigger, every year. The naysayers eventually bought it anyway due to their friends...

In other words, the couple hundred may leave but eventually, they'll get it anyhow... Millions of sold out preorders have spoken. Sorry, move on like the rest of the world...

Message 27 of 197 (360 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1648 posts

Jul 17, 2013

about as many as WoW has lost for having p2p

Got my Vita for $50. Woot.
Message 28 of 197 (360 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1573 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 17, 2013

KZMProductionsGT wrote:

I already know a decent number of people who are not getting ps4 and will either stay with their ps3 or go to pc. Im thinking some people will stay to their word of not paying to play online on top of paying for internet. Only 5 people on my friends list have PS Plus, and I dont expect that every one of my friends will even be cool with getting PS Plus in the first place :/

Becuase there is now a paywall for online multi, how many customers do you think Sony will lose because of this?

There is no paywall for the free to play games.. Just simply download them and play.. At least that's what i understand.. Sooo if these so called people sticking to their word about not paying to play online do so Oh well that PS3 is there.. Sony is not handcuffing people for not paying for PS+ on the PS4.. 

Good luck with their #nopaytoplay campaign.. Sony has proved that PS+ offers a lot of discounts beta's etc..  Those people are just proving that there are people that are never satisfied.. You want premium service and your not willing to pay for it.. 

In the world of PlayStation the gamer will be the one losing that battle.. Sony PlayStation from PS1 - 4, has a bigger, more diverse gaming library than any of its competitors.. 

Message 29 of 197 (342 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Jul 17, 2013

CradleOfFish wrote:

yosnel79 wrote:

How is it that I don't have a job and yet can still manage to save $4 to $5 a month so that I can renew my plus subscription next year (mine expires in May 2014). I barely get any money (thankfully with my taking care of my room mates dogs while he is away for a few months helps me). I am hoping I will have a job soon so that I can buy more games AND the PS4 when I can.

one hour at work and that pays for my PS+ for the month..

Message 30 of 197 (369 Views)
0 Likes