Fender Bender
3652 posts

Re: How does Second Son fit in?

May 29, 2013

Icestar10 wrote:

I think they confirmed the good ending as the canon ending , and I think this was decided based on the fact that more people got the good ending. This was from the Gameinformer interview I think...

yep, the trophy data revealed that 60% of the people finished the game with the good ending and 42% finished the game with the evil ending, so they went with good, although I think they just use that as an excuse to go with the good ending, but I don't mind, I like to play as a hero and not a villain so it's good for me Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 24 (156 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Jun 30, 2013
But in the good ending all conduits die
Message 12 of 24 (133 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 30, 2013
But in the good ending all conduits die.
Message 13 of 24 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3652 posts

Jun 30, 2013

Yoloswegggg wrote:
But in the good ending all conduits die.

apparantly not all of them, but I'm curious why not, if even some people oversee (you see conduits in africa dying) are dying, then why not  Delsin while he lives in Seattle, which is a lot closer the New Marais (New Orleans), but I guess they will explain it Smiley Wink

Message 14 of 24 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1582 posts

Jun 30, 2013
I think there was a second Ray Sphere that created a new wave of conduits or whatever they're called in this game. Bioterrorists?
But if Good Cole killed everyone with the gene, perhaps this was a different kind of Ray Sphere. Rather than simply activating the gene, it would have to make the gene first and then activate it.
I'm sure it will all be explained eventually.
Message 15 of 24 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3652 posts

Jun 30, 2013

HM01_Impaler wrote:
I think there was a second Ray Sphere that created a new wave of conduits or whatever they're called in this game. Bioterrorists?
But if Good Cole killed everyone with the gene, perhaps this was a different kind of Ray Sphere. Rather than simply activating the gene, it would have to make the gene first and then activate it.
I'm sure it will all be explained eventually.

while I do think there is probably an explanation, I think this is a little far-fetched Smiley Wink

Message 16 of 24 (124 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1042 posts

Jun 30, 2013
I believe only people with strong conduit genes were killed, thats why the recent conduits are being bullied by the goverment, because they don't have powers strongh enough to fight back.
Message 17 of 24 (120 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jul 11, 2013

I remember answering a survey a long time ago that asked if I would play an inFamous game without Cole. At the time I thought it was a terrible idea, but as I've seen the trailers for Second Son, I'm more on board with the idea.
I'm really not a huge fan of the good vs evil morality system in the first two games though, and I really wish they'd take it in a different direction with this one.

Message 18 of 24 (105 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Aug 8, 2013

Well even though the conduits "may" have died, think about it this way. Fallout series for example, a nuke normal kills people but some lived on and some became ghouls, I doubt that every single conduit ever died, maybe it just kills weak people as the africans died, and due to lack of resources for a normal life many of them are weak. and maybe Cole died as he was in the direct area that the device was activated?

(Forgive me for not being able to provide more, I stopped playing these games once I hit 100% trophies on them and the Vampire dlc one, moved on to more games. May have to revist them soon)

Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down - Rick Astley
Message 19 of 24 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1994 posts

Aug 20, 2013

you guys do not read gameinformer do you?

listen.

what was the conduit gene?

a FREAK gene. it was a gene that occured because the human race was evolving.

just because you wipe out the evolving humans, it doesn't mean the other humans will eventually develop the conduit gene. its all a matter of time.

what ends up happening is denzin... denzil? forgot, but anyway he ends up being marked for dead just because hes a conduit. the government did not want a repeat of Cole Macgrath (which resulted in a lot of deaths, technically its because of cole(kessler) that burtrand made a militia blahblah.. well thats just a way to look at it. but the thing is cole had a lot of influence on what happened. they did not want more conduits popping up. 

the first sons were responsible for making the raysphere.

its possible the second sons caught on, yes?

anyway so the government ends up making super soldiers and setting up squads to kill conduits. thats a result of the trailer you guys saw. denzin is capable of stealing powers too. so that'll be fun.

but this is based onmy memory from looking at an article in Gameinformer magazine.

gamefreak2.jpg

Message 20 of 24 (71 Views)
0 Likes