Highlighted
Mar 23 2013
By: sirgackbot First Son 31 posts

Things that weren't fixed by Patch 1.03

15 replies 1299 views Edited Mar 23, 2013

Audio:

- Sound effects delayed (when Kratos tears apart an enemy the sound effect is about 1 second behind the action.  This is also an issue with some sound effects when Kratos first fights the hecatonchires)

- Sound effects missing (As above, when Kratos fights the hecatonchires there are several instances where the smashing of giant claws into the ground produces little or no sound.  Likewise for when Kratos uses his blades during a QTE.)

Subtitles:

- Early in the game Megaera says "We will see how you fair against the hecatonchires", except the subtitle reads "We will see how you fair against the (No Suggestion)".  I'm guessing SSM ran the game through a program that creates subtitles, yes?  This is hardly a big issue but it speaks to sloppy development by SSM.  

Message 1 of 16 (1,299 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Re: Things that weren't fixed by Patch 1.03

Mar 23, 2013

Jesus Christ, SSM, fix those freakin' audio issues!! 

Message 2 of 16 (1,285 Views)
Monster Hunter
30 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 23, 2013

Gameplay: There are still the same loading and death glitches during cutscenes. I tested the game after applying the patch and still experienced two of them.

Message 3 of 16 (1,279 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 23, 2013

combat system is still absolute garbage. ridiculous control response delay. sound still broken.

This piece of crap game should have been scrapped and another studio should have made it.  SSM got their money and lo and behold not a word from them on all the problems people are having.  All the fanboys screaming how wonderful and tremendous this garbage is tells me just how little people care about quality and reputation.

I am not a beta-tester.  I don't expect to pay to be a beta-tester either.  This game (and that's being generous) is so seriously flawed.  I hope the heroin you SSM boys are shooting up with the money you stole is tainted.  Maybe the same brain dead coders who slapped this software together are your dealers, who knows. What is obvious is that SSM doesn't give a **bleep** about reputation and quality any more than the devotees who claim this crap is anything than what it truly is, a big steaming pile. Actually, a big steaming pile is more useful as fertilizer whereas the contents of this blu-ray disc is utterly useless in its current incarnation.  

You shoved together a bunch of streaming thoughts, had it pushed through without any proper testing and QA, gave it pretty colors and sent it to gold press.  Everyone who is not having problems are what, the lucky few? So the problems (and there are many) that do exist are what? Features?  Your company had a pristine streak of making coherent, reliable games.  You've apparently chosen to take the low-road of R.A.D. of garbage for a quick buck and then turning a blind eye and ear to the problems you KNEW were in it.  If SSM even suggests they didn't know then that tells you about their staff.  Video upon video shows the team working on the various GoW series and this latest release is no exception.  What happened? You wanted to destroy your name and tell the gaming community that anything even remotely associated with SSM was going to be broken garbage?  There is no accountability here any more.  SSM hasn't responded to the mass of people having problems.  Oh, they patched what, 2 or 3 semi-major issues out of the actual game breaking bugs?  This is supposed to put faith back into the community?

We are not your beta-testers.  You sold a product that was clearly months from commercial release readiness that even then should have been marketed as maybe "GoW: Arena" than as some precursor story.  What little story exists in this one is convoluted at best and non-existent the remainder of the time.

Smoke some more crack you pathetic frauds.

Your company has absolutely no respect for its base of fans so I feel no compunction to call you out on it. GoW:A is the absolute worst release in a number of ways and shows a complete lack of self-respect as a developer and for the community it asks to fund it.

SSM wanted to drive away paying customers. You've accomplished that.

SSM wanted to have fans pass the word around to others that they shouldn't buy their games any more. You've done that in abundance.

Good job SSM, good job. That'll do pig, that'll do.

I'm not swayed by the fanboys and their incessant fawning over this pile. GoW:A sucks. No amount of patching is going to change the underlying architecture of it.  No "what it is was meant to be...(storyline)..." afterthought claim from SSM will ever change what it was I just tried to play. Some things you do in this world can never be taken back.  SSM chose this path, pushed this out and nothing is going to change that reality. 

You like this 'game', more power to you.  Compared to the previous releases in the series this is sheer contempt; for the people who have vigorously supported SSM, purchased their products and came to respect that when SSM claimed their franchise would do something we took their word in good faith that the promise would be kept.  GoW:A breaks all of that. A pathetic mistake thinking that all of us who were huge fans would simply lay back and say "yeah, but they gave us the other ones...."  as though that is an excuse for overlooking the investment made for this.  Money does in fact talk, the last word being the last SSM will ever see from myself or friends of mine who are just as aggrevated by the trend SSM has decided to follow.

Where are SSM's reps who were so publically vocal about how "righteous" GoW:A would be? Down in the weeds laughing their **bleep** off that they sold this crap based on their previous successes.  Such is hubris. The idea that SSM is "too big to fail" complex? Maybe it's even simpler.  SSM knows now that they can sell this garbage to at least half of their remaining customers because that half is still defending GoW:A.  Fine, they lose half their customers and they don't care. That's a phenomenal business model.  It's assinine on a galactic scale but SSM can run their company into the ground just like so many before them. 

Disappointment, frustration and anger.  Yes, GoW:A was able to generate all three.  What a product.  Manure is a product too.

I'll sit back and watch the demise of SSM and others who have been releasing rushed, broken and unfinished products.  You "fanboys" can keep supporting them all the way down. More power to you.  I got some ocean-front property in Kansas I'd like to sell you too.

To those who feel they got bent over as well, I feel your pain and anger.  SSM won't ever actually fix all that's broken in this because they see 50% claiming it's fine.  The rest of us, well, lesson learned.  The next time you see something from this company and others like them, you know your money would be better spent elsewhere.  Some lessons are difficult to accept and this one is no different.  I wish they cared enough about their customers but prevailing evidence is to the contrary.  Be of good cheer though, there are still some reputable companies making extremely good games. Chalk this one up to "SSM got 5 in a row and couldn't muster the integrity to apply that same dedication to number 6". It sucks, it's sad but such is the industry for far too many companies now.

Ah well.

Message 4 of 16 (601 Views)
Survivor
2388 posts

Mar 23, 2013
I only had audio issues during the cutscene on the boat. I immediately did the work around they mentioned on the forums and everything went back to perfection for me. I must have gotten the one copy without problems lol.
Message 5 of 16 (575 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 24, 2013

Yeah someone was sleeping at the switch about the subtitles. Good that you brought it up I'll forward it to SMS' Twitter and we'll see if they can throw that in the next patch they're working on for other stuff you mentioned.

The only bug I had (along with the audio issues) was this camera bug that a checkpoint restart later corrected,

http://i.minus.com/ixORc9lPQKrxD.gif

I think the biggest problem with this game's bugs are the fact it's probably overloading the streaming system, kind like Uncharted 3's was shortly before it shipped where they had all the sound and sometimes half a level disappear for people on Fat PS3 models.  This game technically beats Uncharted 3 in some ways so we'll see what they can do.  

And GarthosDrawers are you 8 years old or did you just forget to take your bipolar meds?  

How are these minor bugs any worse than something like this-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=punfWOfmEHQ

I'm assuming that's what you meant since you didn't have any specific personal criticism of the game.  If some people don't like the combat changes, fine.  But other people don't seem to have a problem with it.   The parry for example is the first that can't be spammed and therefore adds more of an element of risk and reward (because it also rewards you better than past games).  The Trials of Archimedes is some of the best combat gameplay in the entire series.  Right up there with 1's Klones in arguably better than 2's Hallway. 

Message 6 of 16 (519 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
88 posts

Mar 24, 2013
GarthokDrawers, I'm afraid you said everything that I'm feeling.
Message 7 of 16 (499 Views)
Lombax Warrior
92 posts

Mar 24, 2013

@GarthokDrawers Dam dude. Well said. It's sad I bought a game ten days ago and still havent touched the single player because of these issues. Mainly the audio issues is what I'm facing. Really hoping they get this fixed soon..returning this buggy mess is going to be my only option soon.

Message 8 of 16 (480 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
356 posts

Mar 24, 2013

Dont pay too much attention of what people are saying. I must be one of the few without any problems i have had so far with the SP. The audio is not as bad as some people are saying it is. They are overstating it.

Message 9 of 16 (438 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 24, 2013

Ya man, that was well said.....I downloaded patch 1.03 and it doesn't seem to have done anything to help with the Trial. I had a fairly good experience until this. When I say fairly good, I mean that I had questions and "**bleep**" experiences from the start. The audio seemed fine but the combat is garbage. From the start, I wondered how, when you're on the offensive and landing strikes, that your enemies aren't knocked back or stunned or in any other fashion seem to actually pause in their own attack. I mean, most of the time throughout the game when you're confronted, you're confronted from all sides by several enemies at once right? It makes sense to me that if you go on the offensive and you're striking say, two enemies in front of you, that it would register onscreen. Instead, the screen might shake a little and they can strike back right through your attacks. They don't pause, flinch or anything else. That's not to mention the 15k enemies that cover the other 270 degrees around you....when it comes to the trial it's horrible. I can't see enough of what's going on to know what to do. Once the sirens show up, I can't see what I'm doing for all stupid lightning. When I go to finish off one of the Medusa wannabes and the screen zooms in for the sequence.......I can't see myself for all the dang lightning and everything else going on. I've never had my view blocked like that and I still can't get past it. I don't care what game I'm playing, when I strike out I expect it to register and give me that split second path out so I can get a bit of perspective and have a fighting chance. This is the first time I've ever experienced something like this. I'm truly, truly.......truly disappointed. Mostly because I grew up gaming and there aren't many games I really dig anymore.....but this is one I've always loved until now. I hope the movie doesn't end up garbage like this......and if anyone cares, my pick for Kratos would be Nathan Jones. 

Message 10 of 16 (416 Views)
0 Likes