Highlighted
First Son
26 posts

Re: Finally beat the Challenge of Archimedes --> Tips inside

Mar 23, 2013

It was tough at first .. before I realized I could upgrade the orkos and amulet. Those two items definitely helped a lot. After that it was pretty straightforward. Blocking is good but you will still get hit by the electricity, grapple, etc. Just use the magic and weaken enemies, then when the red halo appears grapple them for the kill and earn more magic. I don't get what the big deal is. This level took about 4 tries (pretty much because I didn't upgrade the necessary items). 

Final Thoughts: Not the best GOW in my opinion. The story was very slow paced and the end bosses were easier than I thought. 
GOW2 - best story, GOW3- best action/ending/bosses. GOW4(Ascension) - Best Multiplayer (if they ever fix the bugs/glitches and level upgrades)?

Message 11 of 17 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
168 posts

Mar 24, 2013
There is a guy on here that does the trial on Hard without blocking once. He posted a video on you tube. Search my postings and you will find it.
Message 12 of 17 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
98 posts

Mar 24, 2013

I found a glitch that you can kill 2 and damage the 3rd gorgon with out losing any health or magic! 

you can read about it on my Trek'n Titan post. 

It works!! 

I play for Fun, Life is too Short
Message 13 of 17 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
168 posts

Mar 24, 2013
Since the patch was released has it made this section any easier?
Message 14 of 17 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3167 posts

Mar 24, 2013

It took me two days to beat it, the first time I got to the challange, I only played like for an hour but the second day took me the whole day to beat, it was the most challenging part in the whole game, so nothing really prepared me for the difficulty.

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Message 15 of 17 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1595 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 24, 2013

I recently tried messing around with it and it doesnt feel it has changed.maybe it has. seems the enemies hit a lil less harder but thats just me. i complete it a lil faster than normal so there prolly was a change. I just havent noticed anything. But hopefully it helps people overcome this obstable and enjoy the ending of the game.

Message 16 of 17 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5791 posts

Mar 27, 2013
>spam items and magic
That about covers W1.

>more damage
You'll feel awfully silly if my testing shows otherwise.

>tips for W2 and W3
Not sure why this is necessary, but if you're feeling generous, by all means. When I too feel generous, after challenge runs, I might offer up my own advice from my work with vanilla VH and beyond. Until then, I'll not treat this matter seriously.
Message 17 of 17 (99 Views)
0 Likes