Mar 22 2013
By: FreshRevenge Treasure Hunter 4797 posts

Are the Grunts more deadly than the Bosses?

11 replies 256 views Edited Mar 22, 2013

It may be that I am just playing on Titan and before that on hard, but I notice that the grunts are more ferocious this time around. I have found that there are times that I am not able to complete a particular combo that I want, because when I do, I get 6 grunts flying with swords to hit me. Just wondering if anyone notice this?

Thanks,
FreshRevenge

celebrity fashion gallery

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Message 1 of 12 (256 Views)
Splicer
51 posts

Re: Are the Grunts more deadly than the Bosses?

Mar 22, 2013
Yepppp. I found this to be the most frustrating thing in the game. I always struggle to roll out the way of their attacks because there are so many of them, and the moment I get hit once, the rest of them just rain down on me. I get bounced around like a ping pong ball
I can build up my rage meter just fine against the larger enemies, but throw in a few of those goat mean, and I'm screwed Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 12 (247 Views)
Lombax Warrior
168 posts

Mar 22, 2013
They are pretty lethal if when they gang up on you. Boss fights are one on one. Grunt fights are about 20 to one. haha.
Message 3 of 12 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1944 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 22, 2013

Yeah in the previous games u usually only see like up to 3 enemies attacking u at once while the others just stand there waiting, but in this game it seems like all of them attack u at once and getting cornered sucks cuz u cant do anything except find away to parry which is hard cuz u have to time it but it will never allow u to do it.

Message 4 of 12 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4797 posts

Mar 22, 2013

mozzie1 wrote:
Yepppp. I found this to be the most frustrating thing in the game. I always struggle to roll out the way of their attacks because there are so many of them, and the moment I get hit once, the rest of them just rain down on me. I get bounced around like a ping pong ball
I can build up my rage meter just fine against the larger enemies, but throw in a few of those goat mean, and I'm screwed Smiley Sad

Yeah I had this happen a few times. There was that level where you got back through the room that Megaera destroys the floor. You got a Siren and a bunch of grunts coming out. After you kill the Siren and the grunts. Than a Gorgon pops out of  the floor. I had one time that I missed a block because Kratos decided to do a running dash??? I got hit by the Gorgon and than 6 or 7 Grunts started flailing away and I couldn't press L1 to get back into a blocking stance. I got thrown around like a ping ball! LOL

Thanks,
FreshRevenge

celebrity fashion gallery

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Message 5 of 12 (231 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1028 posts

Mar 22, 2013

I agree.  Even when I roll away two times in order to "try" and wind up 4 'triangles' in a row, goats are in mid air with a drop kick to my noggin' preventing my windup.  Also, I could be wrong, but in other GOW titles, once I have completed my 4 triangle windup and am in mid-air, I don't believe enemies could interrupt at that point.  I do feel that if I am in mid-air coming down with blades, it should be immune.

"I'm an ANGEL to some, DEMON to others!"

"I'm an ANGEL to some, DEMON to others!"
Message 6 of 12 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
98 posts

Mar 22, 2013

On Titan mode definately, the more  grunts you have  it can be hard as hell. 

I remember Hades blade room. That was tough, finally just had to do L1/Circle  

Anything with a electric siren is tough, so I go after the siren like stink on sh#t got to get her out of the way as soon as possible.

Also anything with a shield, got to pull the shield off quickly.  The ones with armor you just have to keep them in front of you and quick 3 strike and roll back. 

Definately a challange on Titan mode, it will take me twice as long to complete then it did on Hard or Normal. 

I play for Fun, Life is too Short
Message 7 of 12 (208 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 23, 2013

Fun fact, the main enemies you deal with through most of the game are satyrs.  No undead legions but satyrs, the by far hardest enemy type through most of the series are now the default grunt, kind of a pain in the **bleep**.

Message 8 of 12 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
348 posts

Mar 23, 2013
Wow. I thought it was just me and I'd somehow become an uber noob between GoW 3 and Ascension.

I usually start all my GoW games on the hardest available difficulty, then try other difficulties in subsequent playthroughs. I don't know though. It's definitely tough on VH. I'm sure to have fun at the Trials.
Message 9 of 12 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2926 posts

Mar 23, 2013
I always start on easy with a new game and work my way up. The short list of enemies in Ascension is pretty strange. No minotaurs and no undead legionnaires. New/interesting enemies were few and far between. It's mostly Satyrs and Parasites/things infected by Parasites.

Hades vs Kratos on Make A Gif
make animated gifs like this at MakeAGif
Message 10 of 12 (149 Views)
0 Likes