Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/02/2013
Offline
4056 posts
 

Re: Oden Fate - Have you seen 1 yet?

Oct 4, 2013

TrickedOutHoro wrote:
I've fought both Odin and Behemoth a couple times now. They're almost impossible to participate in on PS3 though, too many players/chocobos/particle effects going off. On Odin my super slim went into hyperdrive and I shut it off after the FATE because I thought it was going to explode.

That's disappointing to hear. Smiley Sad

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 11 of 38 (173 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 05/22/2009
Online
29268 posts
 

Re: Oden Fate - Have you seen 1 yet?

[ Edited ]
Oct 4, 2013

JulianMatisse wrote:

TrickedOutHoro wrote:
I've fought both Odin and Behemoth a couple times now. They're almost impossible to participate in on PS3 though, too many players/chocobos/particle effects going off. On Odin my super slim went into hyperdrive and I shut it off after the FATE because I thought it was going to explode.

That's disappointing to hear. Smiley Sad


The PS4 should fix that and upgrade to the new version will be free. Can't wait for that personally. The RAM on the PS3 has been it's downfall even with Home. 

 

Edit: How did you participate in the Behemoth Fate. I'm not sure where or how that happens. 

Message 12 of 38 (169 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/27/2012
Online
1328 posts
 

Re: Oden Fate - Have you seen 1 yet?

Oct 5, 2013

Well I've fought both behemoth and odin myself and so far it is a lag fest. SE knows about the culling issue with these 2 mobs and come 2.1 version update they will have priority on the screen. And to clarify it is not just a PS3 issue Behemoth and Odin also vanish a lot on PC it is the culling that is the issue.

Yuri  photo Yuri sexy.gif
Message 13 of 38 (156 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/28/2006
Online
33792 posts
 

Re: Oden Fate - Have you seen 1 yet?

Oct 5, 2013

ive been in many Odin fates.

never able to find a team though and always wind up with a bronze medal and no Mantles. Smiley Sad

 

the Odin fate is a lot easier to fix the issue with him disappearing than it is the Behemoth fate. since Odin just stands still, zoom the camera in all the way to your back and try to get a low number of people into your view. enemies seem to only disappear when the game loads a lot of characters on the screen at once. Behemoth is a bit tougher since he actually moves around. Smiley Tongue

wish they would just prioritize enemies over other players though.


Message 14 of 38 (145 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 05/22/2009
Online
29268 posts
 

Re: Oden Fate - Have you seen 1 yet?

Oct 5, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

ive been in many Odin fates.

never able to find a team though and always wind up with a bronze medal and no Mantles. Smiley Sad

 

the Odin fate is a lot easier to fix the issue with him disappearing than it is the Behemoth fate. since Odin just stands still, zoom the camera in all the way to your back and try to get a low number of people into your view. enemies seem to only disappear when the game loads a lot of characters on the screen at once. Behemoth is a bit tougher since he actually moves around. Smiley Tongue

wish they would just prioritize enemies over other players though.


Where do you find this fate. I haven't seen info on where it spawns yet. Any info on that would be appreciated. 

Message 15 of 38 (142 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/28/2006
Online
33792 posts
 

Re: Oden Fate - Have you seen 1 yet?

[ Edited ]
Oct 5, 2013

Odin fate is random, but from what ive heard it generaly appears once every 24 or 48 hours.

his location though is completely random, he can appear anywhere inside the Black Shroud. North Shroud, East Shroud, West Shroud, etc.

however when he does appear, the weather will change for every place in the Black Shroud. everything will be dark and filled with a green/purple mist and there will be little glowing green dust things floating around.

and to make things more difficult, the Fate doesnt show up on the large map, it only shows up on the small minimap. so you will either have to hunt it down or get people to shout the location and run to it.


Message 16 of 38 (137 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 04/18/2007
Offline
11259 posts
 

Re: Oden Fate - Have you seen 1 yet?

Oct 5, 2013

I ended up in one by accident. Had no idea what it was and I went in, but was killed within seconds. Really wild to watch from the ground up.

Message 17 of 38 (133 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/12/2012
Offline
1350 posts
 

Re: Oden Fate - Have you seen 1 yet?

Oct 31, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

Odin fate is random, but from what ive heard it generaly appears once every 24 or 48 hours.

his location though is completely random, he can appear anywhere inside the Black Shroud. North Shroud, East Shroud, West Shroud, etc.

however when he does appear, the weather will change for every place in the Black Shroud. everything will be dark and filled with a green/purple mist and there will be little glowing green dust things floating around.

and to make things more difficult, the Fate doesnt show up on the large map, it only shows up on the small minimap. so you will either have to hunt it down or get people to shout the location and run to it.


 

Yeah, went to my first one yesterday. He appeared in East Shroud and members in my FC called it out and we pt'd up for it. Was able to acutally see him a couple of times (wish I got a screenie lol Smiley Very Happy). Hopefully they'll be able to address the lag/visibility issues; seems pretty fun. Other MMOs I've played have also had probs with large "event" occurences.


Try "Die for Olympus" in GoWA MP. Click sig to see how
Message 18 of 38 (109 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/02/2013
Offline
4056 posts
 

Re: Oden Fate - Have you seen 1 yet?

Oct 31, 2013
I did the quest yesterday where I went to the crystal he was imprisoned in and fought a ghost (not sure why there was a ghost there, but whatevs) I still haven't seen him.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 19 of 38 (103 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 05/22/2009
Online
29268 posts
 

Re: Oden Fate - Have you seen 1 yet?

Oct 31, 2013

JulianMatisse wrote:
I did the quest yesterday where I went to the crystal he was imprisoned in and fought a ghost (not sure why there was a ghost there, but whatevs) I still haven't seen him.

I'm not in the Shroud enough. I find leveling my Diciples of War to be easier to do at Aleport, Costa Del Sol, Dragonhead and Mor Dhona especially once they've gotten to level 22 or higher. I do use the Shroud when it comes to leveling my roles early on. I've spent tons of time in the areas I've listed. It's a shame he doesn't spawn in those areas because I'm sure I've have had the opportunity to see him. 

 

Message 20 of 38 (99 Views)
Reply
0 Likes