Just in case you missed it, there is a bit more info about Escape Plan which has been posted by Chris over on the PlayStation Blog. For those with slower connection speeds, I've reposted in info below.
What do you think? Is it a day one buy?
From the Blog by Chris Millar:
What better day to share a labor of love than just on the heels of Valentine’s Day? Fun Bits Interactive and our partners at SCEA Santa Monica Studio are proud to see Escape Plan release tomorrow as a PS Vita launch title, exclusively on PSN for $14.99.
Since Escape Plan’s global unveil in August 2011 at Gamescom in Cologne, Germany, we have been hard at work breathing life into Lil & Laarg, porting the Unity engine to PS Vita, and creating a new style of “survival humor” gameplay that takes full advantage of the unique features of the PS Vita in stunning black-and-white graphics.
As we let Escape Plan loose on the world, some of the biggest critics out there are already sharing their thoughts on the game:
- Ryan Clements, IGN: “Escape Plan plastered a smile on my face: the characters, the music, the comedy — even the deaths.”
- Matt Peckham, TIME/Techland: “Escape Plan looks to be the breakout hit of the launch lineup.”
- Steven Hansen, Destructoid: “The whimsical musical score, hilariously hapless protagonists, strikingly saturated art style and comedic undertones are just too good to be true.”
- Stephen Totilo, Kotaku: “This is the PS Vita game I want most.”
- Alex Navarro, Giant Bomb: “Escape Plan really impressed me quite a bit.”
- Matthew Keast, Gamesradar: “This PS Vita game has personality dripping off it…”
- Neon Kelly, Videogamer.com: “It’s weird stuff, but also hugely likeable.”
We are truly excited about Fun Bits’ first title, as we’re just getting started. We look forward to hearing your feedback, and hope you enjoy helping our hapless heroes, Lil & Laarg, find their way out.