MVP Support
12116 posts

Re: Who will be getting the DmC game?

[ Edited ]
Jan 15, 2013

DmC: Devil May Cry is not a video game that I will be purchasing for $59.99 on its release date. There are other video game developers that I would rather support and other products (i.e., video games) that I would rather purchase. If you purchase this video game then I hope you enjoy it.

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison

Message 11 of 17 (625 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
364 posts

Jan 15, 2013
Nope.....I still don't really have no desire to get it. I'm necessarily mad that it's getting 'good marks' or anything in terms or reviews or whatnot. But what I find interesting to me is that for all the bragging, boast, and BS talking NT did about how 'awesomely better' their version is, it's humorous to me that it couldn't even barely a Metacritic score 2 points above the last true game in the series--DMC4.

Besides, I hear that the story is supposedly pretty cliched and not even all that 'deep' as NT and Capcom claimed it would be (or at claiming the why NT was brought on to work on it to begin w/). Not only that but yet again it seems like NT can't seem to get right porting a **bleep** game for the PS3 to save its life. Plus, the biggest gripe I heard is that combat seems a bit dumbed down (even if the mechanics are there) and the boss fights are pretty weak. So in my mind all that reeks of big fat 'unimpressed'.

Thanks but no thanks, Capcom. I'd rather blow my money on buying the HD collection than this. But for whoever gets it, knock yourself out.
R.I.P. to my beloved 40gb ceramic white 2007-2011 (YLOD)

Message 12 of 17 (607 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Jan 21, 2013
Well, I can see how a barrage of **bleep** YOUs could turn off any 'mature' or 'adult' gamer, but in the context of the story, that scene plays out rather swimmingly. Especially after you get a look of how dante progresses there. It has a very cinematic feel to it, and that's a cue every game should take from Uncharted (if they choose to go down that route).

As for him being 'overpowered,' i see that a bit as an understatement. The way this dante moves shows a young adult with a weakness, and limbo yook the idea of the goth looking older games into how that would translate into modern architecture.

Overall, the game doesn't feel 'dumbed down,' as the controls are easy to learn, but getting the juggles right are harder to pull off, and if you're looking for a challenge, the trophies should point you in the right direction.

One quip about that though, I am no real fan of the way difficulty settings are set up. The first hard difficulty has to be unlocked through normal play. And then there are 3 other modes to complete for the platinum trophy.

You're also tempted to play the game through it's beginner or easy setting for the completion objectives beforehand. But I'm going to stick through some playthroughs first.

this is me helping
Message 13 of 17 (561 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
8021 posts

Jan 21, 2013
I am enjoying the game so far, the story is good and the gameplay is fun as well. I don`t know exactly what you mean about him being overpowered, but that`s the whole point really, I mean even the original dante was like that, but in the case of this game, he is both demon and angel, that is something the demons fear, it seems to come naturally that he would be really powerful. (that`s really the concept of both this and the original DmC.) I know when I play the game, I would not want to feel like dante is weak or not as powerful as he is portrayed.

I also agree, the combat doesn`t feel dumbed down, plus with the angel and demon powers, changing weapon types is pretty simple and easy to perform more combos.

Also, I havn`t looked at the trophies yet, so can`t really comment on them.
Message 14 of 17 (556 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Jan 21, 2013
It is 'the point.' He is supposed to carry strength and power through the games. He's a badass. But he is a badass with character now, and as opposed to his past games where devil trigger released demons from his weapons, his new devil trigger only unleashes his own 'inner demon.' Hence the white hair, and red jacket as opposed to ifrit from the gloves.

This is a weaker, younger, adolescent dante. And it's a reason this story works well.

this is me helping
Message 15 of 17 (555 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
8021 posts

Jan 21, 2013
yup, that`s true, which is what I was saying. but ya, I like the story, the development is good as well, like dante first starts off as a kind of guy that doesn`t care, and doesn`t want to get involved, but as the game progression, you start to see a change in Dante, as he starts to care what happens. I am currently at Mission 17 by the way.
Message 16 of 17 (552 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Jan 21, 2013
Mission 6 in son of sparda mode. the jump in difficulty from nephilim is welcome. this is a new experience for me. Not looking forawrd to hell and hell & dante must die modes x_ x

this is me helping
Message 17 of 17 (550 Views)
0 Likes