First Son
8 posts

Re: inFAMOUS 3?

Nov 12, 2011

Of course hte boy wouldnt have lightning powers, I was thinking something more like Gravitic powers, maybe instead of a power guage that idle's it slowly refills the closer to the ground he would be, based on the idea that a higher source of gravity would provide more gravitons in a smaller volume, many of the powers could be similar just not electrically drivven, and maybe the ability to fly... or not fly, just reverse gravity on himself to an extent that he can float off the ground a few inches.

Message 51 of 109 (305 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Nov 22, 2011

SPOILERS AHOY!!

TAO_The_Ancient1 wrote:

There WILL be an inFamous 3.... the inFamous 2 ending creates a paradox (broken time)  if Cole dies, he cant become Kessler and give himself powers and stuff........ think about it...

That's called a timeline shift. Your argument is invalid.

From the moment Cole/Kessler travelled to the past, he changed everything, and the world was set on a new timeline.

Kessler didn't go through the same events as Cole, since he never killed a future version of himself, and never defeated the Beast, right? Just like Cole never married Trish. The world just can't go back to Kessler's original timeline, no matter what.

On-topic, I did manage to see that "question mark" at the end of InFamous 2, and while the shape's there, I don't think we'll get to see Cole coming back to life for a third installment. I don't buy the "it was just a coma" theories for the simple fact that it wasn't just Cole, but all the conduits in the world dying. Logic would say that SOMEONE would pick up on life signs on one of the many thousand dead around the world. Autopsies would have to be made so that people would know how the conduits died, which is when one doctor would say "OOPS, this one wasn't really dead!", which'd prompt people to check on others. Especially Cole, since he was recognized as a hero. I'd think people would give a damn just enough to check if he was breathing.

And if all else fails, Cole won't survive in the middle of the ocean if he's revived by that lightning bolt, since Cole + Water = ZAP.

Message 52 of 109 (305 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6428 posts

Nov 22, 2011

Sucker Punch can do whatever they want with Infamous. They can bring Cole back if they wanted.

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion!

http://playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com/

PSN: ScreamAimFire999 [PS4, PS3, PS Vita Owner]
Twitter: @PSPersuasion

Message 53 of 109 (305 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Dec 19, 2011

Other than the classic prequel offshoot, I'm not sure how Sucker Punch would manage to start with such a game, tbh. They could do something similar to what Mass Effect 2 did, but the sheer difference in the evil and good endings of inFamous 2 wouldn't be able to blend together properly to make one new, befitting continuation, obviously. Still, I assume there are still other possibilities out there...however, whether or not Sucker Punch will continue the series or are working on a new project alone is still unbeknownst to the public atm, so I wouldn't speculate too much, lol. But then again, you never know, I guess..

Message 54 of 109 (305 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2785 posts

Jan 14, 2012

I think there should be an inFamous 3. It could maybe be a prequel.

Message 55 of 109 (305 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2416 posts

Jan 27, 2012

I'd say make Cole the bad guy (go the the evil ending) and have a brand new character to play with.  Maybe Cole could have a son that he didn't know about and maybe the son could start to have powers.  It could be like Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker where they just know that they are father and son because of their powers.  It could make for a really cool story and a really cool game.

Message 56 of 109 (305 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 15, 2012

Hello all!

I'm new to these forums but have played both games thru to the good ending and am about half way through the evil endings and festival of blood.

My question is does festival of blood fit into the timeline of I2 or is it a complete offshoot?

Probably a dumb question or it's been answered somewhere else but as I say I am new! Be gentle!!

Message 57 of 109 (305 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Feb 15, 2012

just_Ste80 wrote:

Hello all!

I'm new to these forums but have played both games thru to the good ending and am about half way through the evil endings and festival of blood.

My question is does festival of blood fit into the timeline of I2 or is it a complete offshoot?

Probably a dumb question or it's been answered somewhere else but as I say I am new! Be gentle!!

It's a complete offshoot of inFamous 2. Festival of Blood's plot is actually in the form of a story that Zeke is telling a woman in a bar in order to impress her so most of the game is actually non-canon . There's one or two cutscenes with Zeke and this woman in the bar though which seem to have actually take place in the same timeframe as inFamous 2 but they have absolutely no relevance to the main games' plot.

Message 58 of 109 (305 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 15, 2012

Ah right. Did make wonder.

Cheers dude

Message 59 of 109 (305 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 21, 2012

I really don't care what the story is about. I will play him killing aliens and cowboys if he has too. I just want to be Cole and and electrocute shxt up. I even went back to my first game to play it over because infamous is my life. Do the side stories, or you can pull that prequel stunt. It working for Kingdon Hearts, they made like 7 other games instead of making a third. I wouldnt mind see how Kesler came to be, which they never explain. But honestly, Infamous is just getting good, you cant possibly stop now. The new powers, AMAZING. BRILLIANT. i just want to see what else yall can do, but i would like to see cole come to life, or he can have a SON,,, hey, but thats another story. Do what you gotta do, i need infamous

Message 60 of 109 (305 Views)
0 Likes