Sep 05 2010
By: Iznhou Wastelander 684 posts

Wow, it can't catch a break can it?

84 replies 23 views Edited Sep 5, 2010

Is it just me or does it seem like inFamous 2 just can't avoid negative criticism? Recently I looked at the new gameplay trailer for the game. And most of the comments just consisted of one player comparing this game to another game: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2. After that there, came a huge eruption of arguements. One group calling the other stupid for comparing one game to the other.

Is it just me or does it seem like inFamous 2 just can't seem to show progression without some people trying to find something about it to complain about?

Before I continue,I know some of you may be thinking: "U MAD?" I just wanna say No, I'm not complaining about people expressing their own opinions ( Though comparing a game like inFamous 2 to game like The Force Unleashed 2 just sounds ignorant to me, but that doesn't matter). And I know that this is probably normal for all video games, especially sequels, but damn.

First it was the originial look of New Cole looking like Nathan Drake ( or some had to go and arrogantly compare him to Justin Bieber), now its seems that there are some who want to negatively to other games.

Can't we all just wait for the game to be OFFICIALLY out before we make any critics like this? Or better yet, just let Sucker Punch do their thing and just hope for the best.

Again I know, this is completely natural, for ALL video games and its sequels and I'm not saying we shouldn't express our opinions, I'm jsut saying that since it's unveiling, inFamous 2 seems be getting more negative feedback than positive....

Photobucket

Message 1 of 85 (23 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1023 posts

Re: Wow, it can't catch a break can it?

Sep 5, 2010

I dont understand it either. The game seems completely original. The kinetic pulse isnt the Force. Just cuz Cole has electricity doesnt mean its star wars. I think people just have nothing better to do other than complain. inFAMOUS as a series is completely original and thats that. Every game has it problems and this its early stage so they can quickly be fixed. There's to much complaining about things that shouldnt even be complained about.

sagejonathan  Trophy Card
Message 2 of 85 (23 Views)
Wastelander
684 posts

Sep 5, 2010

Exactly.

Photobucket

Message 3 of 85 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
70 posts

Sep 6, 2010

It's because the game isn't a crappy halo/COD remake.

The funny thing is that people think Halo is so original and inovative. When it's been done many times before.

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Spike8891
Message 4 of 85 (23 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1023 posts

Sep 6, 2010

Not that i play Halo or COD but every game they make is just a re-packaging of the last game with a new mulitplayer option or somethin...

sagejonathan  Trophy Card
Message 5 of 85 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
70 posts

Sep 7, 2010

sagejonathan wrote:

Not that i play Halo or COD but every game they make is just a re-packaging of the last game with a new mulitplayer option or somethin...

That's pretty much what it boils down too. Almost as bad as sports games. Infact, Activision wants to release a new COD every year.

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Spike8891
Message 6 of 85 (23 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Sep 7, 2010

lol thats like saying forza ripped granturismo of cause it has cars

Message 7 of 85 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2725 posts

Sep 7, 2010

Infamous 2 is original but I can see why people would compare it to TFU2, but tell me how is lifting a car electricity related?? The only thing that comes to mind is magnetism.  

Message 8 of 85 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

Sep 7, 2010

mariofan09 wrote:

but tell me how is lifting a car electricity related?? The only thing that comes to mind is magnetism.  

You answered your own question. :smileytongue: Electricity flowing through metal objects creates a circular magnetic field around the metal object, and this magnetic field lasts as long as there's electricity flowing. Now I don't really understand how Cole can lift metal objects (cars being the main example) in the air and push them away, but then again stuff like the Megawatt Hammer and Shock Grenades aren't theoretically possible to produce as well, so yeah.

Just let the developers do what they want, it's not like kinesis is a new thing in video games. First thing I thought of when I saw the video was Dead Space. :smileytongue:

Message 9 of 85 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2725 posts

Sep 8, 2010

Good explanation! They should make it so that it drains you while you lift cars to keep the realism up. 

Message 10 of 85 (23 Views)
0 Likes