Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
25201 posts

Re: Why inFAMOUS 2 fails compared to inFAMOUS

Jun 18, 2011

Spores_ wrote:

With all the hype about inFamous 2 I thought it would be a good game.

Well I have inFamous 1 and after playing the inFamous 2 demo it just turned me off rite away.

The main reason was when I started the demo it looked just the same as inFamous1! lol.

Same city setting. Did they even change it? I'm sure theres probably different looking levels but just by starting off like that I don't think I'll be playing this game again. Seems like they just added some new moves and layered it onto i1.

Definitely didn't have that wow factor when I first started playing i2.

Photobucket

Of course it's going to be in a city. Do you really think there are a lot of bad guys out in the Mojave Desert?

Message 11 of 20 (644 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
575 posts

Jun 18, 2011

i was very let down with infamous 2 i thought the first one was much better, a lot of reasons i didnt like it were mentioned in the first post the game was more annoying than fun to play i havent even finished it i bought alice madness returns and put infamous 2 on the back burner for when im really bored, its too bad i looked forward to this game for months and yet disapointed again with new releases, alice was awesome however.

invision2212 Trophy Card
Message 12 of 20 (644 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
495 posts

Jul 9, 2011

I have played both inFamous and inFamous 2 and I disagree. inFamous 2 might fail a little on gameplay cause you couldn't do what you did in inFamous, that doesn't mean it failed. I think Sucker Punch was doing this to challenge gamers besides of makin it easier for them. At least there were a major improvements such as enhanced Static Thrusters, in inFamous, you couldn't travel over 3 to 4 buildings with it and the new setting, New Marais, there's more you can do in that city than Empire City making it more fun than finding a bunch of Blast Cores and Dead Drops after finishing a game. There's nothing wrong with the melee finishers. It's much more cinematic. 

In games, it's not about being the character, it's about who you are.
Message 13 of 20 (644 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1008 posts

Apr 2, 2012

Infamous 2 is just as good as the first if not better. I'm about to get the platinum and I have to say that EVIL is the way to go, the powers are way cooler as is the story.

Message 14 of 20 (644 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3328 posts

Apr 2, 2012

I think both games are great! But inFamous is a little better, I liked the story, it was just the way it was played out, and at least Moya never appeared in inFamous 2! I hated her so much.

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 15 of 20 (644 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Jul 13, 2012

Just completed Infamous 1 last weekend, and every time I got a new power I thought it couldn't get any better. I was wrong, it just kept getting better. I started Infamous 2, and was really disappointed with the little I played.

I played maybe 15 minutes, and the VA for Cole is different and bothersome. I liked the first Cole's apperance more so as well.

Message 16 of 20 (627 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
289 posts

Jul 14, 2012
Yea I agree with the OP. I've been playing Infamous 2 lately and Cole just seems very weak to me, especially compared to where he was in the first game. It is ridiculous that having collected all the blast shards that I still need to find an energy source no less than five times when I'm fighting a boss. It gets very tedious and annoying.
Message 17 of 20 (622 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1918 posts

Aug 21, 2012

Remember gusy cole got sucked dry of his powers at the start of I2 , he had two weeks to relearn his old abilities and master new ones.. in the ifrst game it takes him almost 25 days compaired to half that in infmaous 1..  cannon wise cole was on teh path to becoming ustopable but by teh end of teh game your not quite there yet, and for soem reason i feel empire city cattered to him more than the new city.. plus you did take out the largest energy plant at the start of the game  .. gain cole was screwed over , but I1 played better than one with very few let downs such as not being god like compaired to infamous 1

Message 18 of 20 (603 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
531 posts

Sep 23, 2012
Dont forget compare the explosions in i1 to i2. I1 wins . I1 cole has bad **bleep** voice i2 cole has better personality but has anoying voice random scar and is a tooth pick. i1 Th always seems to be a power house
Go to
http://www.groubal.com/twisted-metal-dlc-from-eat-sleep-play-and-sony/
SIGN IT FOR TWISTED METAL DLC

also go to WWW.TWISTEDCLANS.TK
Message 19 of 20 (591 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

Oct 1, 2012
It's a very different city setting what are you talking about
Message 20 of 20 (577 Views)