Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 20 2012
By: HisShadowX Lombax Warrior 135 posts

What I would like to see in Infamous 3

13 replies 257 views Edited Feb 20, 2012

Create your own character

Obviously you need a story or voice actor, why not do like Mass Effect or other games like Saints Row and get different Voice Actors?

• Choose you're origin story

• Good or evil or neutral?

• Customize your own powers

1. Vampire
  2. Electric
  3. Fire
  4. Ice
  5. Wind

• Take the story to a whole new level

1. Places where you can meet and talk to people
  2. You're own lair
  3. Internet Cafes
  4. Actual indoor locations where you can visit people
  5. Choose your own look

I think Infamous has a strong foundation but let's expand this universe for a moment and make it our own.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 14 (257 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
24180 posts

Re: What I would like to see in Infamous 3

Feb 20, 2012

HisShadowX wrote:

Create your own character

Obviously you need a story or voice actor, why not do like Mass Effect or other games like Saints Row and get different Voice Actors?

• Choose you're origin story

• Good or evil or neutral?

• Customize your own powers

1. Vampire
  2. Electric
  3. Fire
  4. Ice
  5. Wind

• Take the story to a whole new level

1. Places where you can meet and talk to people
  2. You're own lair
  3. Internet Cafes
  4. Actual indoor locations where you can visit people
  5. Choose your own look

I think Infamous has a strong foundation but let's expand this universe for a moment and make it our own.

Nah, I'd like to keep playing as Cole.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 14 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Feb 21, 2012

I don't really think that going with a character creation mechanic would really suit inFamous. Doing things like choosing your character's backstory and the powers they have really limits what the dev team can do in terms of story and gameplay since they can't predict what kind of character the player has created. Personally, I'd prefer them to continue with Cole's story after the good ending of inFamous 2, possibly with a city outside of America (I'd love to see Sucker Punch's interpretation of Tokyo or London).

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 14 (257 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
24180 posts

Feb 21, 2012

AndyMcK94 wrote:

I don't really think that going with a character creation mechanic would really suit inFamous. Doing things like choosing your character's backstory and the powers they have really limits what the dev team can do in terms of story and gameplay since they can't predict what kind of character the player has created. Personally, I'd prefer them to continue with Cole's story after the good ending of inFamous 2, possibly with a city outside of America (I'd love to see Sucker Punch's interpretation of Tokyo or London).

AndyMcK94 Trophy Card

It sounds like he's trying to turn it into a a role playing game. It's not. It's a throwback to the Marvel Comics graphic novels of the 80's and early 90's. Part of that is having a strong lead character. Never once did I ever read those and say "I'd like to completely remake Wolverine!".

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 14 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
72 posts

Apr 24, 2012

Infamous needs to take elements from other open world games like Red Dead Redemption, and Batman: Arkham City.   I know that they are different games, but are open-ended games in the end.

All the sidequests in the game are very empty, dull and boring.  They should have like their own mini story arc.   The sidequests should involve entering into building, secret complexes, etc, etc, etc.  So Cole as a Super/Anti-hero, can rescue kidnapped people in some thugs lair.   Or Recover supplys, infiltrate building.  

The story missions should involve things like that.   Also add small "every day" things, like go with Seke to a bar, or other things.  Cole is a person, not a HERO MACHINE.

The missions in general must be more cinematic, with a rich purpose; and a better story.   The final fight with the beast lacks epicity.  You should be fighting in an apocalyptic scenario, surrounded by fire and lava, with cars flying all around.   The transformation of his human counterpart into the beast should have been an amazing cinematic "God of War quality".

And finally Suckerpunch must get better at character design.   The beast doesnt look "Allmighty",  Bertrand looks generic (he is a mutated boss, so make him BADASS!!).  Nix and Kuo are not bad, but their lower body should get more work.

The world needs to be more alive!!, with a richer story in which not only 5 dudes are the only ones who know what is happening.

really dont know how it got a 9/10 on IGN, because for me is a 7.5/10 at most.   I had more fun with Ninja Gaiden 3, that means something is really wrong in Infamous2.

Please suckerpunch Infamous has a great potential, so it is your duty to achieve it.  I have faith in you

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 14 (257 Views)
PlayStation MVP
24180 posts

Apr 27, 2012

Heavenly_king wrote:

Infamous needs to take elements from other open world games like Red Dead Redemption, and Batman: Arkham City.   I know that they are different games, but are open-ended games in the end.

All the sidequests in the game are very empty, dull and boring.  They should have like their own mini story arc.   The sidequests should involve entering into building, secret complexes, etc, etc, etc.  So Cole as a Super/Anti-hero, can rescue kidnapped people in some thugs lair.   Or Recover supplys, infiltrate building.  

The story missions should involve things like that.   Also add small "every day" things, like go with Seke to a bar, or other things.  Cole is a person, not a HERO MACHINE.

The missions in general must be more cinematic, with a rich purpose; and a better story.   The final fight with the beast lacks epicity.  You should be fighting in an apocalyptic scenario, surrounded by fire and lava, with cars flying all around.   The transformation of his human counterpart into the beast should have been an amazing cinematic "God of War quality".

And finally Suckerpunch must get better at character design.   The beast doesnt look "Allmighty",  Bertrand looks generic (he is a mutated boss, so make him BADASS!!).  Nix and Kuo are not bad, but their lower body should get more work.

The world needs to be more alive!!, with a richer story in which not only 5 dudes are the only ones who know what is happening.

really dont know how it got a 9/10 on IGN, because for me is a 7.5/10 at most.   I had more fun with Ninja Gaiden 3, that means something is really wrong in Infamous2.

Please suckerpunch Infamous has a great potential, so it is your duty to achieve it.  I have faith in you

The game is rooted in "the real world". It would be silly if the characters wore spandex or had a mirrored helmet or whatever. It's not supposed to be "extreme". The idea is that these are ordinary people who are dealing with some extraordinary problems.

"Surrounded by fire and lava"?? It's supposed to be New Orleans, not a volcano.

The game got a 9 out of 10 because of what it is, not because of what it isn't. If you start throwing all these elements in it to make it look cool and hip, it's going to come off looking silly.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 14 (257 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 1, 2012

Heavenly_king wrote:

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 14 (252 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 1, 2012

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 14 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
76 posts

Jul 2, 2012
Maybe not see, but i would like to be playing it! That being said, i don't think anything needs changing!
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 14 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2602 posts

Aug 17, 2012

I want an inFamous title for Vita! Cross-Play along with it!

Deadly Neurotoxin!
 photo rsz_1rsz_11rsz_1000px-fpsword_zps44b9ca31.png
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 14 (220 Views)
0 Likes