Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
443 posts

Re: inFAMOUS 2 information thread

Jun 12, 2010
>.>

I like the old Cole better. Zeke's fine, the looks...suits him, but Cole looks to pretty-boyish. The old Cole was a gruff dude. I wouldn't wanna mess with him. But this guy? Send as many electrified tornados as you want, dude, I'll fight you.

>.>
Message 50 of 67 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1787 posts

Re: ~inFAMOUS 2 Information Empire~

Jun 12, 2010

jackattack1398 wrote:

I think Cole dosen't look as good for the sequel. I dislike the new look, but i love the new setting! it'll probably be better than empire city, especially if there's more diversity in the environments. I hope the new powers live up to the hype. I like the idea that Sucker Punch is trying to focus on melee more, but i would even like to see other powers than just electricity. Overall this game looks sweet and i can't wait to read the article in gameinformer. does anyone know when it comes out?

I'm sure it will be a nice environment because it won't be blown up like Empire City! :smileytongue:

Message 51 of 67 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2208 posts

Re: ~inFAMOUS 2 Information Empire~

Jun 12, 2010

JakandDaxterDude wrote:

jackattack1398 wrote:

I think Cole dosen't look as good for the sequel. I dislike the new look, but i love the new setting! it'll probably be better than empire city, especially if there's more diversity in the environments. I hope the new powers live up to the hype. I like the idea that Sucker Punch is trying to focus on melee more, but i would even like to see other powers than just electricity. Overall this game looks sweet and i can't wait to read the article in gameinformer. does anyone know when it comes out?

I'm sure it will be a nice environment because it won't be blown up like Empire City! :smileytongue:

Not only that, but maybe some nice water and lighting will be there.

# 1 Zelda fan.

Message 52 of 67 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6772 posts

Re: ~inFAMOUS 2 Information Empire~ LU 6/12/10

Jun 13, 2010

New Marais seems to be interesting, and the plot seems to be a good continuation of the game as well.

I like how you kept the name "Empire."

Ratchet and Clank Community
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that. Hate multiplies hate, violence multiplies violence, and toughness multiplies toughness in a descending spiral of destruction-The chain reaction of evil — hate begetting hate, wars producing more wars — must be broken, or we shall be plunged into the dark abyss of annihilation." -M. Luther King, Jr.

Pay It Forward| E.O.L Site| ASD
Message 53 of 67 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2208 posts

Jun 13, 2010

Noculonder wrote:

New Marais seems to be interesting, and the plot seems to be a good continuation of the game as well.

I like how you kept the name "Empire."

Yeah, I kept the name, because I liked yours so much. That's why you're in the credits

# 1 Zelda fan.

Message 54 of 67 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2208 posts

Jun 14, 2010

E3 has begun! Hopefully we see some inFAMOUS 2 tomorrow, (Or if my friend is right, Thursday)

# 1 Zelda fan.

Message 55 of 67 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2208 posts

Jun 15, 2010

E3 trailer details added

# 1 Zelda fan.

Message 56 of 67 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2208 posts

Jun 16, 2010

E3 trailer also added

# 1 Zelda fan.

Message 57 of 67 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2208 posts

Jun 16, 2010

Gameinformer has added something new to their inFAMOUS 2 hub, showcasing how Sucker Punch draws Cole for the Comic book segments. It actually looks JUST like inFAMOUS 1 Cole, except only with new hair and clothes.

http://gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2010/06/16/infamous-time-lapse.aspx

# 1 Zelda fan.

Message 58 of 67 (33 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Re: ~inFAMOUS 2 Information Empire~ LU 6/15/10

Jun 16, 2010

Mray901 wrote:

General Information

Game: inFAMOUS 2

Genre: Action/Adventure

Developed By: Sucker Punch

Players: 1 / TBA

Online Multiplayer: TBA

Published By: SCEA

Release Date: 2011

Rating: RP (Presumably T)

For extra information and goodies, go to Gameinformer's inFAMOUS 2 hub

http://gameinformer.com/mag/infamous2.aspx

In 2009, Sucker Punch Productions released Infamous, a super-powered sandbox game that was a drastic departure from the studio's well-known Sly Cooper franchise. Venturing into new territory paid off for Sucker Punch; the PS3-exclusive Infamous has sold nearly 2 million copies, providing a combination of mobility and electrical powers that makes gamers feel like a true superhero. For Infamous 2, the team hopes to raise the bar even higher. A new look for hero Cole MacGrath is just the first step; a new city, new powers, and a powerful new foe await you in Infamous 2, and you can read all about it Gameinformer magazine's exclusive 10-page story.

Game Details:

*inFAMOUS 1 Spoilers ahead*

For those of you that have played the first inFAMOUS, you know that Kessler (aka future Cole) went back in time and planned out the Ray Sphere explosion along with the death of Trish and the quarantine of Empire City to get Cole ready for The Beast. But because Kessler changed the course of history, Cole doesn't have enough time before facing The Beast. In the begining of inFAMOUS 2, The Beast fights Cole in Empire City. Cole isn't strong enough to contend with him so he escapes. He soon ends up south in a city called New Marais (it looks very similar to New Orleans). New Marais is actually were the First Sons developed the Ray Sphere so Cole takes it upon himself to find more information on the First Sons. With Cole in New Marais, The Beast makes his way to finish Cole off.

Cole not only has to worry about The Beast getting to New Marais but a group called the Militia. The Militia is a so called "human purity" group; they only want humans to be pure and destroy anyone with "super human abilities." It seems that the Ray Sphere Event wasn't limited to just Empire City but also had effects around the world, that's why the Militia is around. Cole now has to deal with The Beast, the Militia, and mutant "swamp freaks."

Other additions include use of traditional cinematics (don't worry, the comic panel cutscenes return) and better facial expressions.

Here's the front cover of the July issue of Gameinformer, showcasing the new design for Cole in Infamous 2...

Oh, and Zeke returns and has a completely different look.

http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2010/06/04/ july_5F00_cover
_5F00_reveal_5F00_9988.aspx

There will be a new voice actor for Cole

Staff
by Ben Reeves Monday, June 07, 2010 at 07:34 PM

Yes, there is a new voice actor to match the studlier new character model

http://beefjack.com/blog/game-blog/news/infamous-2 -accidentally-c
onfirmed/

There will be new powers:

As for new powers, Cole will be much more god-like in this game. He'll have brand new powers plus much more powerful ones. One of these new powers resembles a tornado that shoots lightning and the "Induction Launch" which launches Cole straight up into the air. He can even use electrified melee weapons on enemies.

It will take place in a new city named New Marais, which seems to be based on New Orleans, and because the game takes place in a Louisiana like area, you'll have lots of places to climb as well as swamp areas and more destructible objects.

Screnshot Gallery

Video Gallery
Twitter
Starship-Pheonix.com
With help from:
Minameissteve
PokeDanny10
Zonified
Ddrizle
Noculonder

Wow i psot one of these thing you pop up..

My conscience won't let me be evil.
Message 59 of 67 (33 Views)
0 Likes