Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
1031 posts

Re: Just got Infamous: The gaming community has become pure rubbish this gen.

Jun 1, 2009
inFamous is great but I wouldn't say this generation has been pure rubbish.
Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 84 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
541 posts

Jun 1, 2009
Damnit went to pick up a copy on my way home and its 70 friggen bucks. The day I pay 70 bucks for a game is the die I curl up and die.
Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 84 (5 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1250 posts

Jun 1, 2009

Chubear wrote:
Those that have said the graphics are meh or not that good are either blind, insane or severely mentally challenged. This is THE best looking open city game there is. I can only see perhaps the likes of FO3 competing with this but that game uses resources differently than Infamous cause of it's scale.

You don't have any idea of what you're talking about... Assassin's Creed looked far better as an open city game, GTA IV looked better in graphical design. Not to say that inFamous looks bad, though, it certainly isn't the best looking open city game there is, that's an outrageous claim to make. The game does look good, but you're blowing it way out of proportion.

Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 84 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
471 posts

Jun 1, 2009

inFAMOUS has alot of graphical issues...framerate stutters, no aliasing (jaggies), very short draw distance, fugly civilian character models, pop-in, enemies and cars dissapearing when you turn around, there are even repeated sections of the city.  But none of that stops it from being a very fun game.

The electricity in the game looks incredible though and it is impressive that the inFAMOUS engine can still remain playable when  alot of stuff is blowing up on screen.  But it is definalty not thh best looking open world game...I think Crackdown is technologically better than inFAMOUS since it could handle alot of action and stay locked at 30fps 99% of the timeand also had no aliasing issues, a better draw distance, and very little pop-in (inFAMOUS has it beat in story though).

Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 84 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1495 posts

Jun 1, 2009

Totally Disagree With OP

Other than people like to **bleep** and complain....That is true...

Im not going to say i dont like this game because i do....However....the Game gets real repetitive having to do the SAME side missions over and over again in 3 different districts.....

Also they could have done a lot more with his powers....The electricity looks great...but he could have had a lot more cool stuff added to his arsenal (think DMC)

Not so much of a complaint...But for the ps3 Fans  to go crazy over this game like it was the second commin of Jesus is Rubbish

Its not God of WAr...MGS...Its new...and you love it now.....but NEW and Hyped doesnt meet the requirements of a "CLassic"

Still a good game...Just not as great as everyone Claims it is

Message Edited by IWILLDES-l-ROYU on 06-01-2009 10:28 AM
iwilldes-l-royu
Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 84 (5 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1008 posts

Jun 2, 2009

110% Agree.

inFamous is a great game. Even just the demo hooked me.

Plus its developed by Sucker Punch, the studio that brought Sly to my Ps2.

Seriously who wouldnt want to play as a superhero/villian with crazy electic powers.

I hate it when people peg a great game just cause its got no multi and other little things as well.

Bioshock is a one of the examples, 95% approves and the other 5% dont. Why? multiplayer. thank

goodness there were trophies or else probably another 40% would dislike it...

You know guys...there are many great titles out there without online...

think:

dead space

fallout 3

bioshock

ratchet and clank TOD

uncharted 1

what other thing bothers me is the prototype vs. infamous controversy.

almost all my friends that like prototype better is because of the intense gore/violence in prototype compared

to infamous. Seriously, bloodsheds ok, but would you rather play an okay title with enormous amounts of gore,

or a great title with less violence? i'd pick the latter.

MW2: 5th Prestige Level 70
fallenangel38
Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 84 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
726 posts

Jun 2, 2009

IWILLDES-l-ROYU wrote:

Totally Disagree With OP

Other than people like to **bleep** and complain....That is true...

Im not going to say i dont like this game because i do....However....the Game gets real repetitive having to do the SAME side missions over and over again in 3 different districts.....

Also they could have done a lot more with his powers....The electricity looks great...but he could have had a lot more cool stuff added to his arsenal (think DMC)

Not so much of a complaint...But for the ps3 Fans  to go crazy over this game like it was the second commin of Jesus is Rubbish

Its not God of WAr...MGS...Its new...and you love it now.....but NEW and Hyped doesnt meet the requirements of a "CLassic"

Still a good game...Just not as great as everyone Claims it is

Message Edited by IWILLDES-l-ROYU on 06-01-2009 10:28 AM

what has dmc got to do with electric powers?

theres a good variety of different attacks for just one power

Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 84 (5 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
974 posts

Jun 2, 2009
This game is awesome, OP is 110% correct
Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 84 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1495 posts

Jun 2, 2009

Platform Games  (without Multiplayer) Rely on the Main Character's Abilitites to keep the Person playing the Hero/Villian Interested...

My point was that for such a big city....And a pretty long Game...I was dissapointed in the fact that the main Character.... COULD HAVE HAD A LOT MORE

ATTACKS...and abilitites...(which is why i mentioned DMC - awsome array of Character Abilities...fighting syles and moves)...

Infamous doesnt do a bad job... but that being said...It doesnt do a great job either......

Like i stated before...This isnt a knock on infamous...But the PS3 community is down right out of their mind if they think this game rivals

GTA4, MGS4, DMC4, GOW...Thoses are classic (action)  platformers not infamous....

Its a good game...but nothing to go jump off a bridge for like some of these people post here

My 2 cents...People will disagree..thats ok....but i cant play infamous for 3/4 hours at a time without getting bored....so it doesnt make the "Classic" list

for me.   

iwilldes-l-royu
Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 84 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
657 posts

Jun 2, 2009
I got infamous on launch and while it is a good game, it is not great.  Before I explain, I am a huge Sony fan.  I think Xbox is garbage.  That said, this game gets boring quick.  Same missions over and over, it plays like a shooter really.  Also, the karma system isnt that great.  It gives you two choices, good or evil, no reward or benefit for staying neutral or switching between them.  This game is good and I would recommend it, but only as a rental.  I'm more excited for the Uncharted 2 beta that came with it that going home and playing the actual game.  I see myself in the future trading this one in.  If you have to get a PS3 exclusive, get Killzone 2.  It is soooooo much better than infamous.
Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 84 (5 Views)
0 Likes