Highlighted
Jun 07 2009
By: Chubear Survivor 2570 posts

Just got Infamous: The gaming community has become pure rubbish this gen.

83 replies 60 views Edited Jun 7, 2009
So I just popped in the game and holy wow, this game is beautiful. From the intro the feeling of what you're about to experience is instant. Those that have said the graphics are meh or not that good. This is THE best looking open city game there is. I can only see perhaps the likes of FO3 competing with this but that game uses resources differently than Infamous cause of it's scale.

Regarless, the texturing and graphical look totally drips in high quality. I jsut started the game and I just almost spat when remembering all the BS FUD that's been spread about this game on many gaming forums.

So far I've experienced a major pop-in scenerio but nothing ground breaking but to give this game a 6, 7 or even an 8 is an obvious move to try and blatantly keep people away from this awesome game merely cause it's a Sony exlcusive. It's disgusting how the gaming community have become. All I see is Sony continually pushing boundries trying to bring us great new gaming experiences and every time they are nick picked to death but others can churn out last gen games with minor upgrades and they're given all the praises.

It's just unbelievable to me how we gamers seemingly look to implode on our ownselves when it comes to our gaming experiences where mediocrity is hailed and progression is hissed at.

Look, if you even had a tiny thought of getting this game just do it. It's a gamer's game and a lot of pure clean fun. I've only played a little bit so far but from what I've experienced, this game is very special. Haters be damned. Go out and support developers that actually try to bring us great fun and new gaming experiences not those that keep rehashing old games with little to no innovation or thought and banking on gamers misplaced nostalgia.
Message Edited by shungokusatsu on 06-06-2009 09:47 PM
Message 75 of 84 (60 Views)
Wastelander
667 posts

Re: Just got Infamous: The gaming community has become pure rubbish this gen.

May 29, 2009
You sir, are highly correct. Kudos.
Thanks HorizonShadow for the inFAMOUS Gigawatt code!
Message 1 of 84 (60 Views)
Fender Bender
3841 posts

May 29, 2009

Chubear wrote:
So I just popped in the game and holy wow, this game is beautiful. From the intro the feeling of what you're about to experience is instant. Those that have said the graphics are meh or not that good are either blind, insane or severely mentally challenged. This is THE best looking open city game there is. I can only see perhaps the likes of FO3 competing with this but that game uses resources differently than Infamous cause of it's scale.

Regarless, the texturing and graphical look totally drips in high quality. I jsut started the game and I just almost spat when remembering all the BS FUD that's been spread about this game on many gaming forums.

So far I've experienced a major pop-in scenerio but nothing ground breaking but to give this game a 6, 7 or even an 8 is an obvious move to try and blatantly keep people away from this awesome game merely cause it's a Sony exlcusive. Hell, EA'a Table Tennis gets 8.5s like crazy and this someone wants to tell me this game is a "meh"?! RIDICULOUS! It's disgusting how the gaming community have become. All I see is Sony continually pushing boundries trying to bring us great new gaming experiences and every time they are nick picked to death but others can churn out last gen games with minor upgrades and they're given all the praises.

Hell I saw a review that gave Punch out for the wii a 9.5 when the game is exactly the same game from over a decade with more refined graphics and even missing fighters. It's just unbelievable to me how we gamers seemingly look to implode on our ownselves when it comes to our gaming experiences where mediocrity is hailed and progression is hissed at.

Look, if you even had a tiny thought of getting this game just do it. It's a gamer's game and a lot of pure clean fun. I've only played a little bit so far but from what I've experienced, this game is very special. Haters be damned. Go out and support developers that actually try to bring us great fun and new gaming experiences not those that keep rehashing old games with little to no innovation or thought and banking on gamers misplaced nostalgia.

I'll drink to that .

>
Message 2 of 84 (60 Views)
Survivor
2835 posts

May 29, 2009
Smart man
MW2: Prestige 10m(Without Hacking): Top 20/80,000+ Kills
W@W: Prestige 10
MW: No Prestige
Message 3 of 84 (60 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1339 posts

May 29, 2009

before i decided on this game, i of course checked out the reviews from many place.  the video reviews were the best because they looked like so much fun, loved the demo and bought it today from ebay for less then i thought i would get it for, Plus the power and the copy with the uncharted 2 beta.

my issue with sandbox games have all been put aside on this game, Like repatitive missons(assissins creed) or too much stuff to do and then story is gone (GTA4)  so the flow is important to me. 

cant wait for the little canadian guy to mail it to me.

"Crap" Nathan Drake
Message 4 of 84 (60 Views)
Sackboy
452 posts

May 29, 2009
gamers this gen are comprised of spoiled little kids who are never happy. there have even been people knocking killzone when it's the most graphically advanced console game this gen. not only that they don't know how to have fun.
johnvardon
Message 5 of 84 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

May 29, 2009
yea a couple days ago I was deciding whether or not to get this game because 60$ is a pretty hefty price for my pay check. But I am sure glad I bought it. I felt happy that I went out and spent my spare money on this because this is deffinately one of if not the best game of the year.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
PSN : Sk8erguy
PS3 games currently beaten : Resistance :FoM, CoD4, GTA4,
Message 6 of 84 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
200 posts

May 29, 2009

I tried the demo and 'meh'.

I don't see the comparison between infamous and mgs4.

Message 7 of 84 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
446 posts

May 29, 2009
'meh' is pretty vague maybe you can help us out by explaining what you didn't like?  For me this game is quite underrated at 85 on metacritic.
Message 8 of 84 (60 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1073 posts

May 29, 2009

I completely agree with you. There is something different about this game for me. By this I mean that I continuously want to play even though I am almost done. I guarantee the first thing ill do when I beat the game is start another. This is key for a number of reasons. Many of the games I own I often beat and then seem to lose interest. Sucker Punch put so many collectibles and missions to keep me going. I constantly find that I am enjoying myself and have yet to be bored (even when messing around and not completing missions.) Sucker Punch did an amazing job with this game and I am more than satisfied with making this purchase.

Like the OP said, if you were thinking about buying this game but your still not sure, BUY IT. If you like open world games, you WILL NOT be disappointed.

Message 9 of 84 (60 Views)
0 Likes