Jun 15 2009
By: CrazyCanuck90 Ghost of Sparta 15166 posts

Getiing all karma based powers on hard.

12 replies 4 views Edited Jun 15, 2009
How difficult is this to pull off? I have seen a lot of people post saying they still need like 10,000 XP in order to get all of them. Did anyone play through and just get them all by the end? I'm wondering because on normal, I unlocked everything(minus evil karma powers) and I have an extra 4000 left over.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 13 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
491 posts

Re: Getiing all karma based powers on hard.

Jun 15, 2009
Hard is not really all that difficult. The mobs seem a little harder to kill and their aiming seems to be dead on even from a long distance. But you should be able to do it no probs methinks.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 13 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15166 posts

Jun 15, 2009

VagrantXeth wrote:
Hard is not really all that difficult. The mobs seem a little harder to kill and their aiming seems to be dead on even from a long distance. But you should be able to do it no probs methinks.

I'm not too worried about the difficulty, just getting all the power ups.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 13 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
491 posts

Jun 15, 2009
I am on my second run right now and they seem to be as easy to get as it was on regular difficulty. I still have a few to go but so far no problems.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 13 (4 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jun 17, 2009
I played on hard on my first play through, got all the bad karma upgrades and most of the gray ones.  The key is doing a lot of stunt kills.  Environmental kills are by far the easiest especially when you get the upgrade to your shockwave that blows cars up.  Also head shots, get a lot of those.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 13 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2134 posts

Jun 17, 2009
I played as good on hard and needed about 5,000 more XP.  So I killed lots of enemies and healed lots of people until I got it.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 13 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1736 posts

Jun 19, 2009

I'm having a problem with this maybe. I did my 1st playthrough on Normal/Good, no problem there. On my 2nd playthrough I chose Hard/Evil (2 birds one stone). I'm about 5500 exp short of the final lightning upgrade (the one that's 12000), and I only have the final mission left.

My question is, will I get exp for the final mission? And can I get the "Evil to the Core" trophy after finishing?

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 13 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
107 posts

Jun 19, 2009

Number_51 wrote:

I'm having a problem with this maybe. I did my 1st playthrough on Normal/Good, no problem there. On my 2nd playthrough I chose Hard/Evil (2 birds one stone). I'm about 5500 exp short of the final lightning upgrade (the one that's 12000), and I only have the final mission left.

My question is, will I get exp for the final mission? And can I get the "Evil to the Core" trophy after finishing?

You will get EXp for the final mission, it's not much when you defeat him.. like 500xp on hard.   I finished it on hero and now I'm just strolling around doing the side missions, I'm still about 5K short to get all the upgrades for hero.  Then once that is done and get my last 23 shards then I'm doing Evil..
33rd Brigade
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 13 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
391 posts

Jun 19, 2009
Hard is not much more difficult than normal or easy, So if you finish the game and clear all the missions without restarting some missions (like me) you will need to find a way to get about 20,000 XP to fully upgrade your weapons. Keep in mind, you get 1/3 less xp points per kill so you will need to do stunts to get quicker xp. It took me 2 hours to get 10,000 XP yesterday, I will need to do another 2 hours today for the last 10,000 XP to get my platinum.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 13 (4 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Jun 19, 2009
when you you first get the lightning storm on the third island and when you reach the third generator in that mission just keep killing yourself when the second truck appears it will reload the mission from that part and killing all the guys until the second truck should give you anywhere from 300-500 experience.  It also only takes about a minute each time.  It gets really boring but I did it to unlock every power to the max.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 13 (4 Views)
0 Likes