Mar 02 2011
By: ChristoCoop First Son 1 posts

Flying Cars like Static Shock

3 replies 185 views Edited Mar 2, 2011

Just thought it would be cool if we could not only levitate car and throw them, but surf on them and other metal objects (train carts, street poles) in our static pull. Just thought I thought i throw that out there and see how you guys felt, are flying cars really that cool?

ALSO I would like to incorporate a more of a Magneto feel of the characters electric abilities: Let him be able to Pull objects to him and into a specific location, build shields out of objects pulled together, and make a cluster of objects to throw

And the ability to use two different powers at the same time, Advent Rising style, electric force fields and ice beams... allow room for creative play

Message 1 of 4 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
549 posts

Re: Flying Cars like Static Shock

Mar 2, 2011

For your car comment, it doesn't make much sense, when he can just jump on top of a car and ride on top of it. Surfing on them doesn't make much sense, unless you have a whole street of connected cars. Unless what you're saying is you jump on top of the car and Cole controls where it goes. Personally I don't care for it, as I prefer rooftops. Flying cars, no. That would make the game cluttered. That's what the cables are for.

Per your second comment; Well if you pre-order at gamestop, or buy the Hero Edition you get the electrical tether, which pulls enemies and objects towards Cole,  And if he still has his powers from last game, theirs no need to build a shield, as he already has one. Cluster of objects to throw? Just chuck grenades.

As per your last comment, meh. Would seem like it would complicate controls a little bit, but you might be able to raise a shield and attack at the same time, don't remember if you could do that or not in the first one..

Guyana_Bandit Trophy Card

Message 2 of 4 (185 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Mar 3, 2011

With the shield in the first you couldn't fire while it was up. If I remember correctly, you had to "aim" the shield with the camera (Right stick) to make sure it was effectively covering you when you held it up. I would love to see it return and I'm sure they've probably tweaked it a bit if it's still in.

Message 3 of 4 (185 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 2, 2012

You can!

...sort of.

If you stand on top of a car right on the end and throw it. It's a little hit and miss but do it right and the car will pull Cole along, you can fly as far and you can throw a car!

Works best with pickup trucks. 

Message 4 of 4 (181 Views)
0 Likes