Reply
First Son
Registered: 05/21/2013
Offline
2 posts
 

Re: inFAMOUS The Second Son for PS3

May 21, 2013
Every body is going to buy the PS4 so what's the whole point
Message 21 of 53 (3,742 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 11/10/2006
Offline
2785 posts
 

Re: inFAMOUS The Second Son for PS3

May 29, 2013

It's made for the PS4 using PS4's engine and it uses the dualshock 4's touchpad I think so I don't think it will come to the PS3. They need games to sell the PS4. 

Message 22 of 53 (3,713 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Offline
3588 posts
 

Re: inFAMOUS The Second Son for PS3

May 29, 2013

Icestar10 wrote:

It's made for the PS4 using PS4's engine and it uses the dualshock 4's touchpad I think so I don't think it will come to the PS3. They need games to sell the PS4. 


exactly, and the touchpad will be used to absorbe smoke or something Smiley Wink

Message 23 of 53 (3,711 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 08/12/2012
Offline
1411 posts
 

Re: inFAMOUS The Second Son for PS3

May 30, 2013
This is probably the only reason i want a ps4 so far.
 photo newcolesigtest_zps63cc5eb3.png
Message 24 of 53 (3,708 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 03/27/2012
Offline
15 posts
 

Re: inFAMOUS The Second Son for PS3

Jun 3, 2013

You people are rediculous. Honestly. You know little to nothing about inFAMOUS Second Son, and for as much as you do, it could be a terrible game! Just because inFAMOUS 2 was very good, doesn't mean this one will be, because from what I've seen Sony is milking the living dry milk out of this series by advertising and get you wild for a sequel when honestly inFAMOUS 2 had a very well thought-out ending that should have stuck without all of this **bleep** squel business without Cole. I understand it's very creative to pick up a new story from a new character's perspective, but the events of inFAMOUS 2 makes that impossible because Cole, despite being less dynamic in the second game compared to everyone else, was very well developed and trying to top that would be a huge mistake. Plus Deslin seems almost unlovable and wild, but I could be horribly wrong. It's just the way they advertise people. Get it out of your head. Exclusive to the PS4 is the first sign that Second Son will not be worth your money because Sony is trying cheap gimmicks to sell out their new console instead of creating a lively fun game with a strong plot.

Message 25 of 53 (3,690 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Offline
3588 posts
 

Re: inFAMOUS The Second Son for PS3

Jun 3, 2013

NeedForGaming wrote:

You people are rediculous. Honestly. You know little to nothing about inFAMOUS Second Son, and for as much as you do, it could be a terrible game! Just because inFAMOUS 2 was very good, doesn't mean this one will be, because from what I've seen Sony is milking the living dry milk out of this series by advertising and get you wild for a sequel when honestly inFAMOUS 2 had a very well thought-out ending that should have stuck without all of this **bleep** squel business without Cole. I understand it's very creative to pick up a new story from a new character's perspective, but the events of inFAMOUS 2 makes that impossible because Cole, despite being less dynamic in the second game compared to everyone else, was very well developed and trying to top that would be a huge mistake. Plus Deslin seems almost unlovable and wild, but I could be horribly wrong. It's just the way they advertise people. Get it out of your head. Exclusive to the PS4 is the first sign that Second Son will not be worth your money because Sony is trying cheap gimmicks to sell out their new console instead of creating a lively fun game with a strong plot.


What you're saying is ridiculous...

 

Sony did advertise InFamous very poorly, so I don't know what advertising you're talking about, also Sony isn't milking series to death, all exclusive franchises have gotten better and better with each game, why would InFamous Second Son be any different? I love new games too, but you seem to have an insane hatred for sequels, there's nothing wrong with sequels, just because Cole McGrath's story is over doesn't mean they shouldn't continue InFamous, there is so much more they can do with the series, there's not reason to quit the series yet! And what you are saying about the Playstation 4 is even more nonsense, of course InFamous Second Son is exclusive to the PS4, because they have to sell PS4's! I fail to understand why a game exclusive to one platform will be a bad game, where is the logic in that, you make not any sense at all...

Message 26 of 53 (3,686 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/22/2011
Offline
2599 posts
 

Re: inFAMOUS The Second Son for PS3

Jun 13, 2013
Second Son uses an engine developed for the PS4. Sucker punch stated on the official infamous forums long ago that second sons engine is NOT compatible with any other hardware than the PS4, the console its built for.

It wont be going anywhere but PS4. Its a high class game for the PS4, sony knows it, sucker punch knows it.

Also, to anyone who says "The Ps4 will sell bad", is completely dead wrong. After what was seen at E3 2013, millions are leaving xbox and nintendo and coming on the Playstation 4 train.
Message 27 of 53 (3,626 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 06/19/2013
Offline
1 posts
 

Re: inFAMOUS The Second Son for PS3

Jun 19, 2013

I hope not!

So I have a reason to buy the ps4 Smiley LOL

Better graphics Smiley Wink

Message 28 of 53 (3,579 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 01/04/2013
Offline
8 posts
 

Re: inFAMOUS The Second Son for PS3

[ Edited ]
Jun 21, 2013

Well, the game is pretty much a carbon-copy of inFAMOUS2 with a slightly different look.

I mean, look at it.

It looks almost EXACTLY the same as inFAMOUS2 only your powers have a slight bit more of teleporting in them, also magma/smoke/fire/ whatever the hell the Developers intended for it to be.

So what's some slightly less detailed textures going to matter?
Unless you're one of those **bleep** that would give a game an award for having a detailed piece of grass, even if the rest of it was an extremely linear, and mostly mediocre game(Looking at you Crysis).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't know what world you've been living in but last time I checked that Soda I left in your fridge last night that I TOLD YOU I was going to pick up later wasn't meant for you.
Message 29 of 53 (3,533 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Offline
3588 posts
 

Re: inFAMOUS The Second Son for PS3

Jun 21, 2013

GhoulMine1 wrote:

Well, the game is pretty much a carbon-copy of inFAMOUS2 with a slightly different look.

I mean, look at it.

It looks almost EXACTLY the same as inFAMOUS2 only your powers have a slight bit more of teleporting in them, also magma/smoke/fire/ whatever the hell the Developers intended for it to be.

So what's some slightly less detailed textures going to matter?
Unless you're one of those **bleep** that would give a game an award for having a detailed piece of grass, even if the rest of it was an extremely linear, and mostly mediocre game(Looking at you Crysis).


I didn't knew Crysis was extremely linear :/

 

anyway, I disagree, it's not just slightly improved textures, it's also better looking powers, expanded destruction and an open world in which you can look further away then usual, while these look like just graphical improvements, they help the gameplay as well: expanded destruction makes more objects destructible which can be used in combat and an open world in which you can look further away and new areas load much faster makes for new powers, take the orbidal drop (not sure how to write it down), that is the power from the trailer in which you jump 100 metres into the air and then fly at enourmous speed back to earth and sent enemy's flying away on impact, that was surely not possible on ps3, because you can't make a character go that high, that fast, and meanwhile load the further parts of the city that you could see from that hight...

 

I'm not a developer of course, so I can't say that what I described above is 100% true, but believe me that infamous second son will be more than just shinier textures Smiley Wink

Message 30 of 53 (3,530 Views)
0 Likes