Dec 18 2016
By: Icy_Bear3000 First Son 10 posts

Which game is better: inFamous Second Son OR inFamous First Light?

3 replies 874 views Edited Dec 18, 2016

Hi everyone!

I wanted to know that which game is better: inFamous Second Son or First Light? Which one would you buy and why?  

Message 1 of 4 (874 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1113 posts

Re: Which game is better: inFamous Second Son OR inFamous First Light?

Dec 18, 2016
First light was developed as a dlc add on for second son but also released as a standalone title. Second son is a full game where first light is a much shorter story based on the character Fetch who appears in second son.

They are both good games, you should buy both
Message 2 of 4 (865 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
886 posts

Jan 8, 2017

While Second Son has twice the City and a bigger story, there's two things First Light have that makes it better.

1. The powers.

Delsin has access to four power types that all have different utility. Smoke being good for close range brawling, neon being good for sniping, video being good for mid range assault as well as hit and run trickery, and concrete is good for nothing. The crippling issue with Delsin is that he can't freely switch between his powers. In order to switch to a power type, you have to find a source to drain in order to swap. This means if you're not using the best powers for the job, you're in a tough spot unless you can drain some of that power from somewhere.

Fetch, on the other hand, is limited only to neon powers. However, her version of neon powers works a little differently. Fetch contains all the best parts of all of Delsin's powers and as a result, Fetch feels much beter to control and is more fun to play.

2. FL has better endgame content

It's easily the best endgame content the series has seen. At the end of Second Son, you're stuck with whatever optional side content you haven't completed yet. Once you've powered up Delsin and finish the game, there's nothing to test your abilities anymore as all the side content is hardly challenging. At the end of First Light, you have access to survival arenas that push you and your maxed out Fetch to the limit. Once the story is finished, there will always be something to fight with those powers.

Message 3 of 4 (795 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
49 posts

Jan 15, 2017

I think both games are definitely worth playing! I've played both of them several times. Smiley Happy First Light is much, much shorter (and cheaper, price wise) then Second Son, so if you kind of want to just try out the inFAMOUS series to see if you like it, it might be fun to start there. It's also worth noting that the very end cutscene of First Light leads up to one of the beginning cut scenes in Second Son, which is pretty cool I think! But, it doesn't matter which order you play them in!

Good luck Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 4 (750 Views)
0 Likes