First Son
5 posts

Re: Infamous Second Son Downloading Game Files (HELP)

Sep 8, 2016

Same thing happening to me. Got the "Limited Edition" disc version, brand new. I finished all of the "first round" missions and then had to cross the bridge in the southeast corner, but the game told me that files needed to download and it would need another 168 hours (!!!) to complete. I left it running overnight and found it still needed 168 hours. I Googled around and did all the things that people suggested — remove/reinsert the disc, delete the game, download the update before playing, etc — and I get the 100% consistently same results:

• I insert the disc. It installs itself on my drive. (I have 160GB free.)
  • The 1.04 update automatically downloads and installs.
  • The game launches. I get the splash screens, then I get another "downloading" screen telling me it has to download game content and it will take about 15 minutes.
  • 13 minutes and 15 seconds later, the download hangs at the 84% complete mark (with 1:45 to go). The counter goes up a few seconds, then it crashes and tells me that it can't read the disc because it must be scratched or dirty. (It's not. 100% clean, 100% scratch-free.) The disc is automatically ejected.
  • If I reinsert the disc and try to launch the game, I immediately get an error code (sorry, I don't recall what it was) and I'm dumped back to the Dashboard. If I try to relaunch AGAIN I don't get an error code. Instead, I'm brought back to the download screen (telling me it has to download game content) and it will take 168 hours (!!!!!) to complete. Absolutely nothing happens at this point; it stays at 168 hours and nothing is downloaded.
  • If I close the game, eject the disc, and delete the game, I can go through this whole dog-and-pony show all over again.

A fix would be nice.

Message 11 of 12 (872 Views)
Highlighted
First Son
5 posts

Re: Infamous Second Son Downloading Game Files (HELP)

3 weeks ago
Has this been resolved? I am very frustrated, actually I am **bleep** livid after spending an entire day on this **bleep**! If I can't fix this... How do I put the hurt on the duckers responsible? Because I am furious at the waste of time AND I cannot return the **bleep** game due to store policy about opened games! **bleep** thiefs!!! I would really appreciate some help with this! Thank you ahead of time.
Message 12 of 12 (77 Views)
0 Likes