This widget could not be displayed.
Re: Stat fakers should have stats completely reset.
[ Edited ]

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:
My arguement is invalid because you don't like other people's stats and think everyone deserves a reset. That's the problem. Get over other people's stats. You may care about stats for sizing up a player but others enjoy stats for the sake of self improvement. When someone is #15,756 on the leaderboards for kills they feel a sense of progress when a week later they are #13,847. It's not always about statistics but about progress and I'm sorry you can't see that stats mean something to other people. Then you call them selfish when you say you don't care about your stats being reset. You want your stats reset.
You align what you want with something that will supposedly benefit everyone so that you can make getting what you want for yourself also something that is best for everyone. Unfortunately for you not everyone agrees and so you lable us selfish for not giving you what you want because you say it's for the sake of everyone. How can it be for the sake of everyone if everyone doesn't agree?

I want the stats to be reset because people have been exploiting them for months, using balance issues to their advantage and quitting out if that didn't work for them. They'd go into Plunder and farm players like scootgar who would actually go after the objective, and I have tried to get ND's attention about K/D still not matching the leaderboards several times in the past. At the moment, Plunder and Objective K/D before 1.09 still counts on our personal stats cards, and that needs to be changed.

I'm fine with my stats being reset so we can have a legitimate system, because what we have is nowhere near legitimate, no matter how many fake numbers and statistics you're going to bring up in this argument to pretend you have evidence supporting your arguments. Saying that there are just "some" illegitimate stats is pretty much as illegitimate a statistic as much of the community's stats.

I'd also be fine with my stats being reset so I can get rid of all the pre-December KAL-7, pre-January FAL-SS/Quick Boom, pre-nerf Shottie-jumping, and FAL-SS/G-MAL aim assist-related deaths and see how I measure up against people who aren't exploiting BS to try to get a kill on me. I'll admit, I also have a lot of kills earned from Shottie-jumping and I'd like to see how many I can get without doing that.

"How can it be for the sake of everyone if everyone doesn't agree?" Okay, let me be a literalist just for the sake of arguing with you (karma sure is a *****, ain't it?). Name one topic where everyone agrees on something. "Hitler was evil?" LOL, not according to Nazis. "Allowing same-sex couples rights to marriage is ethical?" LOL, not to right-wing nutjobs. "We should help out starving orphans in Africa?" LOL, not to racists. "Thank God Batman's protecting Gotham City?" LOL. The Joker, Mr. Freeze, Bane, Riddler, Poison Ivy, and everyone else in Batman's rogues gallery, PLUS their henchmen and other petty criminals in Gotham City, would like to have a word with you.

Let's apply it to more Uncharted-related stuff. "The 1.02 FAL-SS is OP?" The people who exploited it didn't want it to get nerfed. "Remove kills from Plunder?" The Plunder killfarmers didn't want that. Hell, some actual Plunder/OBJ players like phillip_maxwell actually wanted their K/D to count while they actually played the objective, and were pretty upset when 1.09 deployed.

Aesop once said, "you can't please everyone". And such is Naughty Dog's case. They'll have to choose who they're going to please and they have to decide what is better for the game and the community. At the very least, they patched most of the stats-boosting and the absurd amount of ragequitting has at least been reduced.

(113 Views)