Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 01 2011
By: dulun18 Ghost of Sparta 15013 posts

is White Knight Chronicle II worth getting?/

49 replies 1028 views Edited Aug 1, 2011

did not play the 2nd.. but i heard they stated that REMASTERED??

2 games in one is always nice

it's been a whiles since i played an RPG...

To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
Forum Survival Tips for New Members
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
**********The LAST GUARDIAN**********
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 50 (1,028 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2756 posts

Re: is White Knight Chronicle II worth getting?/

Aug 1, 2011

:^/ I knew that there was talk of a sequel, but I haven't heard whether it's out yet.  If you enjoyed the first, you'll likely enjoy the second one.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 50 (1,028 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15013 posts

Aug 2, 2011

Danger_Dad wrote:

:^/ I knew that there was talk of a sequel, but I haven't heard whether it's out yet.  If you enjoyed the first, you'll likely enjoy the second one.

a sequel? even after the white knight chronicles II??

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 50 (1,028 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
762 posts

Aug 8, 2011

Yes, the new WKC II is looking spectacular, you will get to design & pilot your own Knight/Mech & finish the storyline from part 1. It will also include a remastered version of WKC1 free, so it's definately worth getting, as this will incorporate graphics upgrades & gameplay tweaks from WKCII, as well as all the downloadable content from WKCI, I believe

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 50 (1,028 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15013 posts

Aug 8, 2011

Yojimbo68 wrote:

Yes, the new WKC II is looking spectacular, you will get to design & pilot your own Knight/Mech & finish the storyline from part 1. It will also include a remastered version of WKC1 free, so it's definately worth getting, as this will incorporate graphics upgrades & gameplay tweaks from WKCII, as well as all the downloadable content from WKCI, I believe

if what you said are true then

$60 for this game is a good deal!!

since the combat system is important to me in an RPG.. if i don't like the combat system, the chance of me not holding the controller for is high...

it's been a while since i play an RPG (actually finish one that is..)

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 50 (1,028 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2756 posts

Aug 8, 2011

Dulun18 Dull Oned:

Danger_Dad wrote:

a sequel? even after the white knight chronicles II??

:^. Um, no.  White Knight Chronicles II would be the sequel to White Knight Chronicles.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 50 (1,028 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1816 posts

Aug 9, 2011

WKC is a 3-part series.  The 2nd installment is coming out next month I believe in the US.  As has already been stated, WKC2 will include a remastered WKC1, so people new to the series can jump right in with 1 purchase and have the complete story (so far).

A spoiler that's not really a spoiler... the story has an abrupt cut-off at the end of WKC1, and will likely be the same way with WKC2.  It won't be complete until 3 comes out.

Sigs are overrated and clutter up a forum. You just read my contribution to the clutter.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 50 (1,028 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15013 posts

Aug 10, 2011

lordmalroth wrote:

WKC is a 3-part series.  The 2nd installment is coming out next month I believe in the US.  As has already been stated, WKC2 will include a remastered WKC1, so people new to the series can jump right in with 1 purchase and have the complete story (so far).

A spoiler that's not really a spoiler... the story has an abrupt cut-off at the end of WKC1, and will likely be the same way with WKC2.  It won't be complete until 3 comes out.

Sigs are overrated and clutter up a forum. You just read my contribution to the clutter.

3 part??  didn't know this    thanks for the info

3 part?? reminded me of Xenosaga..     3 parts game??

what's next?? the 3rd game when it come out it will also included the 1st and 2nd game all on 1 disc ? BD-DL??

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 50 (1,028 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Aug 20, 2011

WKC 2 is supposed to be WKC 1 & 2 combined.  It orginally was supposed to be a trilogy but WKC was so badly executed that the next one will be remastered & probably the last.  WKC is/was one of those games that had a really good premise but aweful execution.  The story mode was weak, there were glitches in regard to ranged combat & a few other issues.  My issue was the few & far savepoints & the online town which had no real use other then as a launching pad for quests. 

In my view it was an OK game but I'm hoping the second will fix the weaknesses of the first. 

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 50 (1,028 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15013 posts

Aug 20, 2011

Randzz01 wrote:

WKC 2 is supposed to be WKC 1 & 2 combined.  It orginally was supposed to be a trilogy but WKC was so badly executed that the next one will be remastered & probably the last.  WKC is/was one of those games that had a really good premise but aweful execution.  The story mode was weak, there were glitches in regard to ranged combat & a few other issues.  My issue was the few & far savepoints & the online town which had no real use other then as a launching pad for quests. 

In my view it was an OK game but I'm hoping the second will fix the weaknesses of the first. 

it's 2011.. with  2012 is on the horizon.. and yet...   RPGs.. still need to to use savepoint??   LOL

there are games some rpgs that have "save any where" and the feature works great!!!  so i don't see what's the problem is...

along with save anyway.. i also like the idea of able to teleport quickly to the previous areas i already explore.... well. walking around quickly will also help !!   of course a nice combat system  ... etc..

Y's seven has these features.. i was able to enjoy the game and still clock in like 30 hours (trying to ulock all the attacks for all the characters) for it..     i likek the girl with the bow   not many RPGS with characters tha will use a bow.. and using it to the point of such devestation

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 50 (1,028 Views)
0 Likes