Sep 18, 2011

The games awesome pick it up for sure.

Message 21 of 50 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
196 posts

Re: is White Knight Chronicle II worth getting?/

Sep 20, 2011

The game's great.  It has a remastered version of the first game, so you are getting both games.  The combat in the seond one has been improved, dunno about what was changed in the first one.  I do know they changed the intro music for the first game.  The disc actually has 2 intro movies and songs.  It show the 2nd one first, the the first WKC after it returns to the title screen and you wait a few seconds.  I think the girl has a pretty voice but I honestly wish they hadn't changed the original music.  And that is honestly the only gripe I have and it's a minor one.  I also noticed after importing my game into the second one that those annoying Guild Level requirements on the gear I found in the first game were removed, allowing me to use it.  I'm not an online player so I'm only in it for the single player story.  And I do enjoy the story.

Message 22 of 50 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2939 posts

Sep 21, 2011

well i say its a deffinitly a get. im replaying the first part (the remastered) and it definitly has the fighting system tweaks. combat is fast as hell and depeneding on the type of attack the longer or shorter amount of time between turns but in the two hrs that i played im already on lv 9 and i don't even have yulie yet. usually it took me me close to three-four hrs and i would only be at lv 5. so the experiance depreation is much slow and combat is about 4 times faster. the weakness that was added was a nice touch (depending on the monster the slaw would always be a critical, think pokemon and super effective, much the same). bad thing is that now almost all of your attacks now use up mp not just the sonic edge or flame slash etc. and they did not boost the mp system to help negate that. im on level 9 with only 28 mp and yet most of my moves cost 4 mp points some at 6 and 10 and up depeneding on how strong the attack is. so now with making a combo you have to worry about the chips and your mp. this kinda sucks cause it limits the number of combos you can use and now forces you to have mana potions on you. also with the whole new weakness system how effective would some of these combos be? would there be a point to using these combos? i made some pretty awesome combos that could kill enemies in a single phase. i hardly ever needed to turn into the white knight for most giant enemies cause of my combos but now it seems im gonna be forced to do so. and i hardly ever needed mana potions before since i stayed away from the attacks that used mp in the original game and mainly used heal and that was it.

the game was changed in a good and bad way and the mp attacks were pretty much retarded.

now the character maker was nicely redone as well. your given way more options then the original game allowing further customization. its really nice.

i do suggest replaying the first since with this new battle system lvl grinding is made much faster and easier and you can easily be over lvl 35 at the beging of wk II if you do this route (if its a direct move on meaning where the first game ends and the second starts there is no ending credits, im hopeing its like that or im gonna be pissed, but i think it will be a smooth transition because when making the avatar they can say verto when choosing the voice so it kinda leads me to think they just blend together into one game).

Message 23 of 50 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
762 posts

Sep 21, 2011
Message 24 of 50 (159 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1015 posts

Sep 21, 2011

Yea not just the battle system, they added a whole bunch of stuff that wasn't in the original, like Errands & Bounty Hunts and even a shop for the knights. I started playing a few days ago and I'm still trying to get use to it. lol

Message 25 of 50 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
196 posts

Sep 22, 2011

Yup, and I noticed that for those of us who play offline and aren't a part the online portion of the game, that when you do Guild Quest selecting "Solo" you aren't by yourself anymore.  I hopped in one I had done in the first game and Leonard and Yulie were with me.  That is wonderful news for someone like myself who has no interest in online play.  I found some guild quests were too hard solo in the first game and now I think I might be able to get that rank up now.  I haven't noticed gear requiring a guild rank yet though, but if there is any late in the game, I might be able to use it now.

Message 26 of 50 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Sep 23, 2011

In the original WKC doing most of the guild quests solo was practically suicide.  At least now you have an option. 

Message 27 of 50 (159 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1015 posts

Sep 23, 2011

Na, its only suicude depending on your own Level & Skill and the Level & Rank of the quests.

For example = Say you're a Level 45 - Gr 12 and the quest you pick is the exact same. if you're going solo you may want to be at a higher level, otherwise you'll either be killed or run out of time and fail the mission.

Message 28 of 50 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
196 posts

Sep 23, 2011

Either way, it's much better now than it was in the first game.

Message 29 of 50 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
762 posts

Sep 23, 2011

Awesome news, so if you want to do all the Guild Quests solo, you now get the in game characters as Party members ? Sweet !

Message 30 of 50 (159 Views)
0 Likes