Nov 02 2011
By: colstripcapn Uncharted Territory 2065 posts

Whoa now, wait a minute, stop the press!

3 replies 107 views Edited Nov 2, 2011

I was reading through one of the threads here and noticed something...

You can use your NPC allies for the online quests? Does that mean you can rank up and farm materials only avalible from the online quests ... without having to find others willing to go along?

If that's true then I need to run out and buy this game RIGHT NOW... I really liked the first one, but throught the single player was way too short. Then with the online I didn't know anyone else playing, and the only quests I could find random people willing to do was Big Red... =/

If I can use the AI though.... I know AI players suck... but are they good enough to hold their own or do you still reach a point where the only way to finish is with a full party of real people?

Message 1 of 4 (107 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1015 posts

Re: Whoa now, wait a minute, stop the press!

Nov 2, 2011

Yes the NPCs can now join you in quests, but only 2 at a time even in the WKC 2 Quests that allow up to 6 players.

Also in the WKC 2 quests, if you go with the NPCs, you're the only one that can transform in to a knight.

The NPCs can pretty much hold their own, but that depends on the level of the quest & the NPCs levels.

Message 2 of 4 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2065 posts

Nov 3, 2011

Darn... that sounds like you're required to have human players to do everything there is.

I guess at least the two NPCs let a solo player get a little further than they could in WKC1.

Message 3 of 4 (107 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1015 posts

Nov 5, 2011

Not necessarily...

Its just better to have players in a quest, cause then you can split up into teams and get the quest done even faster.

NPC Character's however follow you wherever you go in the quest, and you can only play your character in quests. You can't switch users like you could in story mode.

Plus, like I said before with the avatar's knight. when running WKC 2 quests with NPC Characters (for example - Just Deserts), you're the only 1 that can transform. On the other hand, if you're running with other players, if your knight falls or runs out of mana, another player can then transform and contunue the fight.

Now you can run quests with the NPC's if you want, thats up to you, its actually a good way to get their levels up as well as your own.

Message 4 of 4 (107 Views)
0 Likes