Fender Bender
3017 posts

Re: Reviving WKC; A player driven community effort:

Nov 30, 2012

I was insane to think this game was going to be good, but  I as dead wrong. And I had nothing to lose from playing it just my time, which at the time I had plenty of. But now I will never buy another Level 5 game unless it is extremely awemazing and rated highly by everyone that play's it. Other then that they just lost a potential costumer for producing crap and decideing to make a copy and paste of the same game and calling it a sequel.

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Message 31 of 38 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Nov 30, 2012
Well, the thijgs I hear about thos game os that the sequel tweaks the combat into a more streamlined experience. My opinion of the charts and graphs are mine own (Very different than what I'm used to, but I do like it). As for level-5 future orders, I already have Ni No Kuni on preorder. I've been reading many good things about the game.

this is me helping
Message 32 of 38 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
764 posts

Nov 30, 2012

Akirasolid wrote:

...Other then that they just lost a potential costumer for producing crap and decideing to make a copy and paste of the same game and calling it a sequel.

WKC2 is not a sequel. 1 & 2 were supposed to be released as a single game, but, corperate money men demanded the game be released on time. So 1 was released, and 2 was released as a second game, but, it really isnt a sequel. It was all meant to be a single massive game.
Also, the upgrades to the first game (included on the WKC2 disc) are a huge improvement in every way over the first.

"Stupidity is a disease, and we have an epidemic on our hands"
Message 33 of 38 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3017 posts

Dec 1, 2012

Brozz65 wrote:

Akirasolid wrote:

...Other then that they just lost a potential costumer for producing crap and decideing to make a copy and paste of the same game and calling it a sequel.

WKC2 is not a sequel. 1 & 2 were supposed to be released as a single game, but, corperate money men demanded the game be released on time. So 1 was released, and 2 was released as a second game, but, it really isnt a sequel. It was all meant to be a single massive game.
Also, the upgrades to the first game (included on the WKC2 disc) are a huge improvement in every way over the first.

That make's things worse, so not only is it not an actual sequel it was just the other half of the game but charged an extra 60 bucks? That's insane. WKC1 was short but didn't know it was cut shorter to make more money. But wasn't this going to be part of a trilogy?

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Message 34 of 38 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Dec 1, 2012
Akira, I read somewhere on IGN about WKC2, and that thing that Brozz mentioned. All I know about that is that the decision to add the 1st game in the package was reason for them to celebtrate.

this is me helping
Message 35 of 38 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
764 posts

Dec 2, 2012

Akirasolid wrote:

Brozz65 wrote:

Akirasolid wrote:

That make's things worse, so not only is it not an actual sequel it was just the other half of the game but charged an extra 60 bucks? That's insane. WKC1 was short but didn't know it was cut shorter to make more money. But wasn't this going to be part of a trilogy?

Theres no part 3 coming, that decision was made recently. (So I read)
I only paid $20 for WKC2, so to me, getting both games, the free online play, town building, guilds, etc., was well worth the purchase price.
Im close to finishing the first game and Im over 50 hours in. So Im thinking 200+ hours (easily) by the time my character is maxed, and my town is done.
Thats alot of entertainment for the buck.

I am a bit miffed as to why only Japan got all the extra content. But, I dont really care about it.
I have a job, a life, responsibilities and headaches. I game to forget all that, not to worry about things I have no control over.

Message 36 of 38 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Dec 2, 2012
I'm kinda doing this to see if we get any visibility. I'd like to see that extra content they could unlock with one line of code. But if this thread is only seeing 6 people actively conversing, I can see this line of thi.king is doomed.

this is me helping
Message 37 of 38 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
764 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 2, 2012

Samokoske wrote:
I'm kinda doing this to see if we get any visibility. I'd like to see that extra content they could unlock with one line of code. But if this thread is only seeing 6 people actively conversing, I can see this line of thi.king is doomed.

True, six people wont make a difference, but, theres a lot more than that out there who would like to see that extra content.
Many people have actually called the D3 corperate office to inquire as to why we didnt get the extra content. Will it make a differnce? Who knows.

I got the info below from the Neoseeker boards ...... what you do with it, is up to you. (copy/paste from Neoseeker)

"Here is the coorporate number for D3
1-310-268-0820
It allows you to bypass the out-sourced customer support line. Leave a message or try and talk to a live person just remember to be professional, we do not want to hurt our chances
Just let them know the players are serious about wanting the DLC. Got this number from **** and **** on the GeoNet board, figured I would post it if people were not aware of it before."

Message 38 of 38 (195 Views)
0 Likes