Sep 11 2012
By: XxLiteDutyxX First Son 2 posts

Just got WKC II

9 replies 337 views Edited Sep 11, 2012

Just started playing this game and started from scratch, got on geonet and there are no towns for low level players.  I spent like 20 minutes trying to find one.  I see a lot of towns with players in the guild rank of 15 plus.  If I am wrong please let me know.

Message 1 of 10 (337 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Re: Just got WKC II

Sep 28, 2012

Well I'm not surprised by this, with only 2 pages of public room availables, there isn't much to offer those that are starting off. From the current state of affairs, players have been leaving the game and moving onto the japanese servers for content that is said to be japanese exclusive. If you want a better shot at bringing up your GR join a guild, that's how it is now a days. But surely you've seen DIP1 and DIP2 rooms also. DIP is pretty much the quickest quest to run with people that yeilds a considerable amount of GP, but it takes away from the game. DIP gets tedious rather quickly, and you'd be conditioned to handle scenarios pertaining to that quest while still being oblivious to all other quests in the game.

Message 2 of 10 (321 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
45 posts

Nov 12, 2012

Also, they suggest that you play through the game first because plenty of quests are story based, With bounties and some errands give you guild rank points you are bound to go up. I just finished part one and willing to help if you see me online.

Message 3 of 10 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
778 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 12, 2012

I just started this today, but havent looked at the online part yet.

Though I do expect the lower level quests to be empty. Seems to be the norm with PS3 RPGs these days

"Stupidity is a disease, and we have an epidemic on our hands"

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 4 of 10 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
45 posts

Nov 12, 2012

Also remember that the game had bad sales especially in NA, so there are so many copies out there, mostly used which means you need to buy the geonet. So plenty that like rpg and not mmorpg might not bother.

Message 5 of 10 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
778 posts

Nov 13, 2012

Actually, WKC2 had the same sales numbers (more or less) as other PS3 RPGS, about  a half million copies sold. Thats the same ballpark as Dragon Age, Sacred 2, and others of the genre.

One issue might be (at least it is here) is that the local stores (yes Gamstop, Im talking to you) rarely has any PS3 RPGs in stock. They have a few used ones, but hardly ever any new ones, and with games like WKC2, you want it new to get the online pass code (without paying an extra $10 for it)

It seems to me the RPG gerne has gone out of fashion, and all retailers are interested in is catering to the OCD shooter crowd. You know the type. they get a game, blow through it in 10 hours and rush out to buy another version of the same freekin game.
Makes sense from a business aspect, but sucks for the rest of us

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 6 of 10 (254 Views)
Lombax Warrior
140 posts

Nov 13, 2012

I have been playing for about 10 days now, and cant for the life figure out why so many people have ripped this game to shreds in their reviews. Im having a blast with it..off and on line. It helps to gain some levels online (makes a rather difficult single player a tad easier). Joining an active guild helps alot. The one i joined is very small, however there is always someone on to play with. Make sure you search all rooms, i have yet to find a search without some type of title with helping noobies or similar. I have found the vast majority of people very nice, respectful, and helpful. Maybe i was just fortunate , time will tell. I without a doubt feel like I got my $20 worth from this title already, and fully plan to play it daily till final fantasy mmo is released (when and if, lol).

All in all, it isnt the best game ever made, however if you like the genre and are looking for something about as close to a mmo on a system, I think this is the game for you. It is certainly a grind fest, and will take literally months to get established and do alot of the content. To me, all positives. There is a neat georama where you can create your own town. Time consuming but looks like a blast.

All in all I was pleasantly surprised with the game and the community. It is without a doubt not for everyone, but if your looking to fill your rpg online cravings, this may be just the ticket for you. Just my two cents for what its worth, lol. See you guys soon, feel free to friend me if you want to play. i have almost all the ps3 rpg titles, many playable online. happy gaming to all

Message 7 of 10 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Nov 20, 2012
The decline in RPGs have been surfacong since the PS2 days. MMOs have been rampant since WoW made it big, and they've all been really stale in the innovation factor. This generation is the age of the FPS, and it will soon take the same dip to oblivion as RPGs have.

Regardless, this game, along with Ni No Kuni, are really great refreshing takes on the JRPG genre.

this is me helping
Message 8 of 10 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
778 posts

Nov 20, 2012

I agree with Sam on a few points.
The dumbing down of the MMO is becoming the genres self induced downfall. They've become what's basically a single player game with a monthly fee. (don't even get me started on "free" MMOs)

Oh, and their chat channels are mostly populated by obnoxious people that you wouldn't want to be around for very long.
Maybe if the said games TOS was actually enforced, things wouldnt be so bad. But hey, you pay your $XX/month, you should be able to be a sh*thead, right?

The continuing flood of cookie cutter shooters is bound to burn itself out at some point. Much like Madonna, Brittany, Gaga and all those other teflon coated / mass marketed "entertainers", sooner or later the fluff crowd tires of them, and the money men move on to something different.

The corporate $$$$ is in FPS games at the moment, and they'll continue to clone and distribute them until the cash cow dies. In the meantime, everything else will be left on the back burner.

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 9 of 10 (233 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 22, 2012

Thanks for all the posts, I do want join a guild.  Since this thread I have put it down for a little while.  I have started it back up and gotten to level 30 gr 8.  I want to join a guild if it is possible but first I want to finish the offline story.  Almost done with 1.  Got a while left to go.

Message 10 of 10 (190 Views)
0 Likes