Mar 23 2011
By: junkmaker First Son 8 posts

Why do I get kicked from a server?

21 replies 678 views Edited Mar 23, 2011

Sometimes I get kicked from a server with a warning of a second kick results in a ban? Does not make sense.

Message 1 of 22 (678 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1199 posts

Re: Why do I get kicked from a server?

Mar 23, 2011

Everything happens for a reason. They don't boot you just because. You did something wrong, figure it out and fix it or face the ban hammer. Simple as pie. You're leaving out so much info I am left to think you are guilty. If a story don't sound right, it ain't right.

Message 2 of 22 (678 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Mar 23, 2011

Thats what is so confusing just going along and bam done. I wish I could figure it out, its not like I'm good enough to cause and crap and hell, not even good enough to cheat, just playing the game. Who can kick a player? I wondered if the players just want buddies in the game. At any rate I just pick another server and carry on. I'm just curious is all.

Message 3 of 22 (678 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4232 posts

Mar 23, 2011

HolmWrecker wrote:

Everything happens for a reason. They don't boot you just because. You did something wrong, figure it out and fix it or face the ban hammer. Simple as pie. You're leaving out so much info I am left to think you are guilty. If a story don't sound right, it ain't right.

I get kicked/banned and the only thing I'm doing wrong at that moment is owning the server host.  There are more reasons than "doing something wrong" that will get you banned.

ie:  server host wants the extra slot for one of his buddies.  favoritizm I know, but such is life. 

You don't always have to be in the wrong to get kicked.  Sometimes the server host is just a punk.

Photobucket
Message 4 of 22 (678 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Mar 23, 2011

Thanks for that, I figured I was doing no wrong, from what been said I have not been doing any of the things I have been reading about. Out smarting the players is what a game is all about not out smarting the game. I hope to get good enough to at least start doing better than I have.

Message 5 of 22 (678 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5632 posts

Mar 23, 2011

check your ping.  High ping=kick

Message 6 of 22 (678 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5809 posts

Mar 23, 2011

BigFitch1012 wrote:

check your ping.  High ping=kick

That was my first thought.

Also, some servers are more rigid on who they let play.  I've been kicked out of a lot of servers, and I sure wasn't pwning anyone.  I can name one that has a zero tolerance for team kills, yet has damage turned up as far as it can go - thus running over a teammate who doesn't know how to cross the street in NBridge is inevitable, then BLAMO.  Insta-kick.

Some hosts just want their friends playing, I've even been kicked when I've heard them talking about so and so wants to play, but the server is full.

I got das boote, so their buddy could join.

Message 7 of 22 (678 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
560 posts

Mar 23, 2011

Shit happens

photo Stpaddyssignature_zps53e145b9.png
Message 8 of 22 (678 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
127 posts

Mar 23, 2011

Yeah I got kicked the other night for owning all the players on one server and last night I got kicked because I kept doing team kills which is hard not to do with the TOW missile and your team mates all around the enemy base..lol

Photobucket
Message 9 of 22 (678 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5809 posts

Mar 23, 2011

PJofSMK wrote:

Yeah I got kicked the other night for owning all the players on one server and last night I got kicked because I kept doing team kills which is hard not to do with the TOW missile and your team mates all around the enemy base..lol

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Ur doing it wrong.

http://www.lolpix.com/_pics/Funny_Pictures_846/Funny_Pictures_84614.jpg

Message 10 of 22 (678 Views)
0 Likes