Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 25 2012
By: Sonic42 Treasure Hunter 5377 posts
Accepted Solution

How to Tell If You're A Warhawk Veteran

43 replies 379 views Edited Mar 25, 2012

If you felt nostalgic and/or cried, you're a Warhawk Veteran.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 44 (379 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7240 posts

Re: How to Tell If You're A Warhawk Veteran

Mar 25, 2012

I felt sad but im not a vet

energy
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 44 (379 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8839 posts

Mar 26, 2012

Affecting me way more than it should. The beginning really got me. Almost scary how it did..

photo ButteredSconesSig-1.jpg
Want to play League of Legends? Sign up here: https://signup.leagueoflegends.com/en/signup/index?ref=51b9087ba6e0c793407146
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 44 (379 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5377 posts

Mar 26, 2012

ButteredScones wrote:

Affecting me way more than it should. The beginning really got me. Almost scary how it did..

Photobucket

Exactly. It isn't about kills or points or KDR or hours or enlist date. It's about Warhawk being more than a game to you. It's about looking up in awe at Lady Eucadia or across the Badlands and recalling all of the great memories you've had and the friends you've made. Those times when you captured the flag on Island Outpost with less than 10 seconds left, or stopped the other team from doing the same to you. Tactically out-gunning you opponent and stealing his cores so you can score 10 points for your team. Jumping out from a bunker on Archipelago and assassinating 3 enemies to guard a level 3 base. The feeling you get when you win a 5000 score limit Zones game 5015-to-5013. Killing the flag carrier just feet from him scoring and fighting off hoards to save your team's precious idol. TOWing 7 people. Running into a 8v8 battle in the middle base with solders and jeeps and tanks and planes. Wrenching a buddy's tank while he annihilates man after man after man. Laughing with and congratulating the other team during intermission. Killing people in every direction to win a 32 player death match. Ranking up or earning a medal or earning a badge or earning a ribbon or earning a trophy. Listening to one of many of Christopher Lennertz's masterpieces after a heated battle and realizing how fast your heart is pumping.

This song sums it all up. Incognito did what no one has ever done, and what no one will ever do again.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 44 (379 Views)
I Only Post Everything
934 posts

Mar 26, 2012

I remember my first time stepping into the blues, we got base raped the whole 30 mins and in the last 10 mins we flipped it, base raped the other team back to home and capped a flag for my team with 1 sec left on the clock.

Was such a huge rush, especially when the Glory OST kicked in on that epic flag run.

photo 2lucdp0_zps66052a47.png
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 44 (379 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8873 posts

Mar 26, 2012

Funny Scones that I did get a bit misty even though I turned off Warhawk's music sometime in 2007 because with my surround sound system it was too loud and a bit distracting from the game's sound effects...

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 44 (379 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1309 posts

Mar 29, 2012

Being a sociopath, I obviously couldn't bring myself to cry... or even feel sadness. What is that like? Describe it to me.

However, I did feel slightly excited when I thought of all the flag carriers I've sniped.

But seriously... I totally shed a tear... I was only 17 when jumped into my first game... It was in Island Outpost. I even remember the first friend I made, Jazzyboy69. We spent the entire game having a blast, doing the typical noob thing- driving a jeep straight into the enemy base, and certain death. I played 7-8 straight hours that first night!

Warhawk will never be 'only a game' to me... It was my first multiplayer game, and unlike so many others i've played, i met so many awesome people, kept in touch, and had 4 years and over 2000 hours worth of unforgettable moments. It's also the only game i've ever been any good at, .This song brings it all back!

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 44 (379 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8839 posts

Mar 29, 2012

I started when I was 14 lol. First online game for me, too. At the time I was a really timid and shy kid. I jumped on the forums here with no idea what to do and made way too many threads, got called a stupid noob by people I'm now in the same clan as.. awesome. So you can imagine with this community how much it helped me grow as a person. It's an incredible thing really. Listening to the OST has a ridiculous affect on me now. I was very late in getting it..

photo ButteredSconesSig-1.jpg
Want to play League of Legends? Sign up here: https://signup.leagueoflegends.com/en/signup/index?ref=51b9087ba6e0c793407146
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 44 (379 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5632 posts

Mar 30, 2012

This song reminds of LVL 4 servers, and watching in awe as ABB0 would consistenly go 70-3 with 170 points, every game.  And then I'd go into a Lvl 2 or 3 server, go 60-5 and pretend I was as good as supercharged.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 44 (379 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1826 posts

Apr 5, 2012

WH created a community like nothing i had experienced on console before and i have been playing video games since the 70's.

The competition , the drama , the intensity of the last few minutes of a Zone game when holding one base will make the difference, WH created frienship and strong clans, it's amazing to thing that i have been playing a game for almost 5 years.

Can't wait for a proper sequel on PS4

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 44 (379 Views)
0 Likes