Jun 04 2012
By: monkeyXing Monster Hunter 35 posts

Should i get this game?

11 replies 322 views Edited Jun 4, 2012

So i just got into Starhawk a few weeks ago and I like it but it seems to be mostly potential at this point and it really needs alot of work. I still plan to keep it but I'm wondering how Warhawk is. I never heard of the game until recently because i've only had my ps3 for 2 years. Since the game is online only i need to know a few things about the servers. First thing is how many servers are online each day? Second how many players still play daily? These forums seem deserted but i really want to try this game. I have bought games in the past and found out that i could only get 3-4 servers per day so any info would be great.

Message 1 of 12 (322 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1090 posts

Re: Should i get this game?

Jun 4, 2012

HTere are servers, not many of the the add on servers...but unlike Starhawk there are sony servers. I found many games over the last week, I choose not to pick up Starhawk yet because of its glitches, but I did like many parts of it in the Beta. The B&B is a great idea, but the maps are too minimal. The maps on Warhawk are much more fun with tons of places to fly through and to drive through (tunnels, buildings, and such).

Welcome to Craibwoud

LBP2: U.S.S. OK
Message 2 of 12 (322 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Jun 4, 2012

Ok but how many servers are there on a good day vs a bad day? and how many players are in these servers?

Message 3 of 12 (322 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1090 posts

Jun 6, 2012

Good question. How much is the game now, and does it include the DLC packs (Omega nd such)? There is most always one or two full 32 player sony servers and several smaller sizes. There are some cheap players that use the hawk push to tk and kill jeeps, and to hover kill single troops. With that said I am still enjoying it. The island level will end with the most BR games because players can't sneak out.

Welcome to Craibwoud

LBP2: U.S.S. OK
Message 4 of 12 (322 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7308 posts

Jun 10, 2012

I recommend you buy Warhawk

The learning curve is extremely high, but it's a fun game and still has activity. You can create your own server or join a Sony-hosted server

soco signature

bhd clan site
mvp terms
forum rules
Message 5 of 12 (322 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
81 posts

Jun 10, 2012

You should get it. It's cheap.  And it will make you appreciate Starhawk even more.

"Women. Can't live with 'em ... pass the beer nuts." -Norm Peterson, Cheers

MARRIED AND ALWAYS NAGGED.
Message 6 of 12 (322 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
212 posts

Jun 10, 2012

I was on there today - 70+ servers, plenty of 24player TDM maps, many of them full.  CTF games are always full.

Usually 50+ Servers.

Great game.

Message 7 of 12 (322 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jul 22, 2012

I never have problems finding servers with at least 20 players. You can't go wrong if you get warhawk. Especially if you find a cheap copy somewhere.

"You're so weak my grandma could beat you, and she only got six fingers! ALL ON ONE HAND!!"
Message 8 of 12 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3547 posts

Jul 28, 2012

You can find it cheap, like under $10. I still play it over the 107 games I have including UC3, BF3 and StarHawk. The flying can't be matched, though I do like the Starhawk ground combat better. The ground combat is still loads of fun, though you may miss the jetbike and B&B, but it's so fast paced and intense you will forget all about it. That is until you start wondering what Warhawk would have been like with B&B, jetbikes and buildings that can blow up.

Message 9 of 12 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 31, 2012

I recommend it and have a facebook page for those who made General and/or are still playing the game.

Keep on hawken !!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/warhawk.generals/

photo SIG_zps288a0f66.jpg
Message 10 of 12 (239 Views)
0 Likes