Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 20 2011
By: ZombieAutopsi Uncharted Territory 1887 posts

Questions

6 replies 23 views Edited May 20, 2011

So I'm thinking of getting this game because it looks like fun and the new Starhawk gameplay looks fun but I have a few questions.

1. Will I be able to find a good amount of games without the DLC?

2. Since I'll be a new commer will it be easy to pick up and be decent at (or at least be able to hold my own), I'm pretty decent at shooters as I've been playing them for years?

3. How much is the DLC/ Is it played often/ Do they offer it as a package?

4. Can you play split screen online and can you log into multiple accounts while split screen?

5. How is the community? and by that I mean are they stuck up and don't accept new commers...I usually like to get involved and play with people who are really into the games they play.

6. Please tell me there isn't custom game matches with 1 hit kill matches as I think they suck.

7. What kind of game modes are their (without DLC) and what's the most played.

The quicker the response the better because I want to go to Gamestop and exchange my cope of R:FOM  for a different game as i hate how the community is.

Thanks to anyone who answers, I've just been trying to find another online based games besides Kz3 to play and I picked up Resistance Fall of Man but all anyone plays is 1 hit kill matches and I can't stand those. I use to play a lot of CoD but IMO they have never brought back the balance and good map design of CoD4 so I decided to give up on it and sold Black Ops. Don't take the playing CoD and think it's the only shooter or the most played shooter I play as I know most consider it the casual nooby shooter and I agree but most of my friends play it and I love playing games with my bro's.

Message 1 of 7 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Re: Questions

May 20, 2011

I've only been playing for a year and there are people better equipped to answer your questions but they haven't so I'll give it my best shot.

1)Yeah, you'll be fine but a couple are pretty popular so if you end up enjoying the game you might want to get 'em

2)When I started I played the demo first and would recommend that because there will be less jerks trying to pound on ya. There are green official servers for rookies to start in but a bunch of aholes have alt accounts and make them a bit less fun. I think a good way to learn the maps is to play in an unranked server until ya figure them out because people are nicer in there but your points don't count.

3)I think the all come in a package for $15.

4)This irritates the hell outta me and they have changed it for Starhawk thank God! But you can only play split screen in an unranked game and can only log into one account.

5) You're a guy, I'm assuming, so you'll do fine. Best place to talk about the game is at StarhawkCenter.net - great, very active forums.

6)Umm, yeah I've never heard of that, so no, I don't think so.

7)Capture the flag & Zones are the most popular. There is also a collection mode, Hero, Team death match, & Death match. They can all be pretty fun.

Hope this helped. Feel free to add me or my husband as friends and we can help ya out if you want. - NickyBlue42 & Smoothy076. Like I said we've only been playing for a year and are still learning but it is a great game, we are officially addicted.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 7 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8996 posts

May 20, 2011

Kudos to you Smoothy also learn the pickups and maps, watch videos for starters on youtube.

††"And rivers will flow of blood and unbelievers tears..."†† Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 3 of 7 (23 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
49220 posts

Jul 25, 2011

ZombieAutopsi wrote:

So I'm thinking of getting this game because it looks like fun and the new Starhawk gameplay looks fun but I have a few questions.

1. Will I be able to find a good amount of games without the DLC?

2. Since I'll be a new commer will it be easy to pick up and be decent at (or at least be able to hold my own), I'm pretty decent at shooters as I've been playing them for years?

3. How much is the DLC/ Is it played often/ Do they offer it as a package?

4. Can you play split screen online and can you log into multiple accounts while split screen?

5. How is the community? and by that I mean are they stuck up and don't accept new commers...I usually like to get involved and play with people who are really into the games they play.

6. Please tell me there isn't custom game matches with 1 hit kill matches as I think they suck.

7. What kind of game modes are their (without DLC) and what's the most played.

The quicker the response the better because I want to go to Gamestop and exchange my cope of R:FOM  for a different game as i hate how the community is.

Thanks to anyone who answers, I've just been trying to find another online based games besides Kz3 to play and I picked up Resistance Fall of Man but all anyone plays is 1 hit kill matches and I can't stand those. I use to play a lot of CoD but IMO they have never brought back the balance and good map design of CoD4 so I decided to give up on it and sold Black Ops. Don't take the playing CoD and think it's the only shooter or the most played shooter I play as I know most consider it the casual nooby shooter and I agree but most of my friends play it and I love playing games with my bro's.

1. Yes there are plenty of non DLC games going
  2. it does have a steep learning curve.  Do the training!  Then start a few of your own rooms and play alone just to figure out the controls in the vehicles, warhawks, and gun turrets (mg, flack, missle)
  3. I'm not sure on the cost or the amount it gets played.  I only play on wednesday night during the "warhawk wednesday" community event
  4. Yes you can play splitscreen.  There are unranked online rooms that allow up to 4 people to play splitscreen, online, vs others who may or may not be splitscreen.
  5. BUY WARHAWK!!!!!  LOL thats how we are .   Nah we are friendly but be careful in some rooms, some players are VERY GOOD and can make your experience not so fun.
  6. no 1 hit kills.  But there are player created servers with the variables such as time/score/map/gamemode all mixed in.
  7. Zones, Team Death Match, Capture the Flag, Deathmatch, Dogfight TDM/DM, capture the flag with flight (means you can actually carry it in the warhawk, typical CTF games you cant).   

Sorry it took so long to get you a response.

Message 4 of 7 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
590 posts

Jul 27, 2011

the main thing is learn the controls... And learn what every control/weapon does... e.g. binocs, spanner.. You can try to fly, but i would stick to the ground first....

There are a few 1 hit kill weapons in the game. (Sniper, RPG if hit dead on, mine, binocs, tanks etc etc) but this aint like other shooters where you choose your class at the begginnig, the weapons are scattered throughout the map. works on a first in first served basis... If some1 else gets it they respawn after so called seconds...

Definately buy it.. Its cheap as a takeout meal these days from 2nd hand stores these days

The DLC is worth it to...

STARHAWK beta TESTER
Message 5 of 7 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Aug 8, 2011

----------------------------------------

??? Am I invisible

Photobucket
Message 6 of 7 (23 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
49220 posts

Aug 8, 2011

Smoothy076 wrote:

----------------------------------------

??? Am I invisible

Photobucket

lol sorry smoothy, your response was good too

I didn't mean to slight you at all.

Message 7 of 7 (23 Views)
0 Likes