Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 08 2011
By: asscoffee20lbs Lombax Warrior 173 posts

Are any other Tankers PO! about Starhawk?

10 replies 330 views Edited Jun 8, 2011

Well I just watched the E3 trailer for starhawk an I am not happy I still have not seen 1 damn vehicle that resembles a tank in appearance or in game play I just don't get it!! You bring back the jeep for the jeep lovers add a stupid motorcycle an make the planes even stronger now for the pilots by having them turn into robots an what do the tankers get oh they get screwed over they get no vehicles. I am sorry but something about that just doesn't seem right an I can't believe I am the only tanker feeling this way so if your a diehard tanker like me feel free to vent your frustrations here   

Message 1 of 11 (330 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5809 posts

Re: Are any other Tankers PO! about Starhawk?

Jun 8, 2011

I don't think they've revealed the tank yet.  Jobe stated in a q&a session on the Playstation blog that they're not through designing them yet.

Got a link to the footage you saw?

Message 2 of 11 (330 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
463 posts

Jun 10, 2011

more "perplexed by lack of news, but still anticipating" with regards to Startank. I mean nobody has confirmed that "no tank" will happen so until they do that, I will choose to believe that I (as a massive tanker) will be catered for. Frankly If I am not, I will just change my diet. More worried that you have to build a hangar or garage to get a tank and that therefore you got no "outs" if you are being spawnr8ped.com, but again, we don't know nothing, or we would all be game designers!

This game looks, and will be, different to Warhawk, but I think it may just be OK, you know?

Photobucket
Message 3 of 11 (330 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5809 posts

Jun 10, 2011

Tanks have been confirmed several times.  They've just not shown them yet as they are still in development.  I'm really eager to see them... bet they look positively wiiiccckkked.

Message 4 of 11 (330 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
95 posts

Jun 10, 2011

as others have said, tanks are in the game theyre just not finished making them. Also i rather like the bikes and have heard people ask for them in the past.

And the mech mode was actually added to DECREASE the warhawk's advantage over ground troops. from the trailers it looks like they can only walk around and shoot. Plus the new ground troop weapons look very powerful and mechs were getting destroyed rather quickly. i hope the mechs can transform while in high in the air. it would be really cool to drop down from hundreds of feet

Message 5 of 11 (330 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5809 posts

Jun 13, 2011

They can transform mid-air.... its been seen and done in some of the gameplay trailers.  The mech sorta glides down and lands on its feet.

Message 6 of 11 (330 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
49220 posts

Jan 7, 2013

asscoffee20lbs wrote:

Well I just watched the E3 trailer for starhawk an I am not happy I still have not seen 1 **bleep** vehicle that resembles a tank in appearance or in game play I just don't get it!! You bring back the jeep for the jeep lovers add a stupid motorcycle an make the planes even stronger now for the pilots by having them turn into robots an what do the tankers get oh they get screwed over they get no vehicles. I am sorry but something about that just doesn't seem right an I can't believe I am the only tanker feeling this way so if your a diehard tanker like me feel free to vent your frustrations here   

Did you end up seeing what they did do for a tank in starhawk?  The Ox Tank?  was just curious what your opinion on the OX Tank was if you ever did see it.

Message 7 of 11 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
536 posts

Jan 10, 2013

Hey Pilgrim, fancy seeing you here. I was a big tank fan in Warhawk. I actually like the Tanks in Starhawk better.

Message 8 of 11 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3547 posts

Feb 11, 2013
I like the tanks from Warhawk better, however I do like the zoom aim. If there is a warhawk 2, then I think it should basically be the same tank as from Warhawk, but with the zoom aim and customizable skins from Starhawk. Just one main cannon as opposed to a twin cannon and impervious to sniper fire. I'm all for sniper rights, but I think being able to snipe a tank is just dumb.

Message 9 of 11 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Feb 11, 2013

Snipers don't do damage to tanks in SH. Just the driver through the window.  

Message 10 of 11 (254 Views)
0 Likes