Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 18 2007
By: TeaBagBiginz Wastelander 723 posts

UT3 Grew On Me...

31 replies 22 views Edited Dec 18, 2007
My first intial response was very bad. I didnt like the gameplay, their was massive lagg in all the games and their were very few rooms to play in (their still is not allot of rooms, im actually surprised given al the hype etc, i thought their would be more rooms and just as much if not more players than Warhawk or COD4).

Eventually however, with a couple days of playing time the game actually grew on me, now i really like UT3:smileytongue:

However, still, i am not impressed with the graphics, i think they are very poor and didnt live up to my expectations. This however, i think is largly due to the fact that im using a SDTV as apposed to an HDTV. Maybe this game is not as SDTV friendly as other games such as warhawk or resistance/cod4 etc?

Also, their still isnt allot of players and lagg seems to be a persistent problem as their are not too many dedicated servers with low ping. Also, their are not many controller only games, infact more than double are "any" servers or KB/M servers, which is all fine and dandy as now i use my fragFX.

Anyways, its starting to grow on me and im really starting to enjoy the game, i cant wait for more crazy mods to come out, new vehicles and weapons and cray ass levels:smileytongue:
Only time will tell...

I just wish i had an HDTV damnit...

Message Edited by Mezzano on 12-18-2007 11:21 AM
Message 1 of 32 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
667 posts

Re: UT3 Grew On Me...

Dec 18, 2007
Im glad it grew on you. As far as not many rooms what gametype are you playing? I usually am in dm and theres atleast 40 servers.The only type i seen with low server count i seen was ctf which had 10{ this is because ppl are getting into vctf i think}. vctf had 25 or so servers and warfare always got alot servers goin...
Message 2 of 32 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
723 posts

Dec 18, 2007
Well i only play team deathmatch and Warfare, thats about it...

Usually, their are only a choice of 3-5 servers that are dedicated for warfare. Likewise, team deathmatch only shows up on average 10 diff games, most of them being lagg ridden with high ping.
Message 3 of 32 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
667 posts

Dec 18, 2007
When you go through your server search options what are you choosing? Like dedicated only, No mouse and keyboard? etc..
Message 4 of 32 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
803 posts

Dec 18, 2007

Mezzano wrote:
Well i only play team deathmatch and Warfare, thats about it...

Usually, their are only a choice of 3-5 servers that are dedicated for warfare. Likewise, team deathmatch only shows up on average 10 diff games, most of them being lagg ridden with high ping.

Keep hitting refresh and eventually more servers will pop up.
Message 5 of 32 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
723 posts

Dec 18, 2007
i look for dedicated only server now because of the lagg i get on non-dedicated.

Also, now i allow KB/M servers by chosing ANY because control only servers their seems to be soo few of them.

I hide full servers and locked servers.

so yeah i usually with these setting dont see too many low ping games, and games in general...

Message Edited by Mezzano on 12-18-2007 11:33 AM
Message 6 of 32 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
667 posts

Dec 18, 2007
Ya picking dedicated only will cut your choices alot. You gotta rember game was very limited release untill after xmas... I myself im trying to find out if i can rent a server that can run ps3 ut3 dedicated. After xmas more ppl will play which will mean many more servers..
Message 7 of 32 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
117 posts

Dec 18, 2007
Maybe this game doesn't look good on SDTV.  I've never played my PS3 on an SDTV, but I would rank UT3 third in the graphics department behind COD4 and Uncharted.
Message 8 of 32 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
723 posts

Dec 18, 2007
Yup, i dont think this game is totally optimized for SDTV as other games are or seem to be. The lack of gfx i am hoping is due to me not having an HDTV, which kinda sucks because i dont see myself getting one for at least 5 months

Message Edited by Mezzano on 12-18-2007 11:43 AM
Message 9 of 32 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1457 posts

Dec 18, 2007
its a limited release and other people, like myself, might be getting it as an x-mas gift. the servers should get busier soon
Message 10 of 32 (22 Views)
0 Likes