Last Guardian
12798 posts

Re: Will Unit 13 have competitive multiplayer?

Nov 26, 2011

Dirty_Walter wrote:

kingGILLEY wrote:

This article: http://www.shacknews.com/article/71225/unit-13-is-socom-devs-vita-launch-game

says:

"Unlike SOCOM and MAG, Unit 13 doesn't have competitive multiplayer. Instead, it will feature a co-op mode. Unit 13's primary online functionality appears to be leaderboards, and new "Daily Challenge" content. In addition, the game utilizes Vita's NEAR functionality to transfer new "high value target" challenges."

Im not a GAMER im a SOCOMER. Gamers play games, I play SOCOM.

I guess thats good enough proof. Never heard of that site before, but it seems legit. What a shame. Wont be buying that one or a Vita...

Photobucket

I found a few more sites that say it doesnt have MP, but most of them just dont mention anything about it.  I did see one a few days ago that talked about the campaign and co-op and then had one sentence that said something along the lines of "and of course with Zipper developing the game there is competitive multiplayer" but that was the ONLY sentence about it. and that was the ONLY site that said there was one.  I tried to find it again but I couldnt.  I believe their isnt one, but you could still hope that maybe they just havent released any info about it yet.  It would be nice to get confirmation about it from a developer.

Message 11 of 17 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9232 posts

Nov 26, 2011

kingGILLEY wrote:

Dirty_Walter wrote:

kingGILLEY wrote:

This article: http://www.shacknews.com/article/71225/unit-13-is-socom-devs-vita-launch-game

says:

"Unlike SOCOM and MAG, Unit 13 doesn't have competitive multiplayer. Instead, it will feature a co-op mode. Unit 13's primary online functionality appears to be leaderboards, and new "Daily Challenge" content. In addition, the game utilizes Vita's NEAR functionality to transfer new "high value target" challenges."

I guess thats good enough proof. Never heard of that site before, but it seems legit. What a shame. Wont be buying that one or a Vita...

Photobucket

I found a few more sites that say it doesnt have MP, but most of them just dont mention anything about it.  I did see one a few days ago that talked about the campaign and co-op and then had one sentence that said something along the lines of "and of course with Zipper developing the game there is competitive multiplayer" but that was the ONLY sentence about it. and that was the ONLY site that said there was one.  I tried to find it again but I couldnt.  I believe their isnt one, but you could still hope that maybe they just havent released any info about it yet.  It would be nice to get confirmation about it from a developer.

Its definitely not looking too good. Hopefully we can get the info out of roper once and for all on Monday. It would be a total shame and a really stupid move if they didnt include MP in this game. This day in age, dont even bother putting out a shooter game if it dosnt have competitive multiplayer. Its insane to even think about it.

Message 12 of 17 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12798 posts

Nov 26, 2011

Dirty_Walter wrote:

kingGILLEY wrote:

Dirty_Walter wrote:

kingGILLEY wrote:

says:

Photobucket

Its definitely not looking too good. Hopefully we can get the info out of roper once and for all on Monday. It would be a total shame and a really stupid move if they didnt include MP in this game. This day in age, dont even bother putting out a shooter game if it dosnt have competitive multiplayer. Its insane to even think about it.

Photobucket

I have a theory that Unit 13 was supposed to be a SOCOM for the Vita, but Sony wanted Zipper to release a shooter at the time of the Vita release. So, Zipper had to rush it out and didnt have enough time for a multiplayer, so they chose to name it Unit 13 instead of making socom fans mad by releasing a socom game without Multiplayer.

Message 13 of 17 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1796 posts

Nov 28, 2011

The competitive MP aspect of the game is focused on leaderboard scores - you get scored during missions on how you kill someone, whether you're stealthy or not, etc.

As a launch title, the team had to determine where to focus its resources to get the game properly polished, playable and fun on a system that wasn't even on the market yet, so that meant focusing on SP (and co-op, as that's essentially an extension of SP).

--------------------
Chris Roper
Community Manager, Zipper Interactive
--------------------
Message 14 of 17 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3150 posts

Nov 28, 2011

zpr_Roper wrote:

The competitive MP aspect of the game is focused on leaderboard scores - you get scored during missions on how you kill someone, whether you're stealthy or not, etc.

As a launch title, the team had to determine where to focus its resources to get the game properly polished, playable and fun on a system that wasn't even on the market yet, so that meant focusing on SP (and co-op, as that's essentially an extension of SP).

--------------------
Chris Roper
--------------------

This is great news! I was hoping this would be co-op and single player only because I think it may help bring another SOCOM attempt to the PS3. BTW, Zipper can be like Slant Six and make a online SOCOM game only, we don't need no stinking Single Player. 

**I'm a SOCOMER, not a gamer**

**SOCOM is OFFICIALLY DEAD - INSERT SAD FACE**

Photobucket
Message 15 of 17 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12798 posts

Nov 28, 2011

nuordr wrote:

zpr_Roper wrote:

--------------------
Chris Roper
--------------------

This is great news! I was hoping this would be co-op and single player only because I think it may help bring another SOCOM attempt to the PS3. BTW, Zipper can be like Slant Six and make a online SOCOM game only, we don't need no stinking Single Player. 

**I'm a SOCOMER, not a gamer**
**Who cares about a portable game?**
Photobucket

I agree with that, and I can guarantee you that the socom fans would pay $60 for an online only game if it is created to our liking.

Message 16 of 17 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1031 posts

Jan 29, 2013

This is game was such a waste time and money -_-

Message 17 of 17 (327 Views)
0 Likes