Hekseville Citizen
400 posts

Re: Very sorry to hear zipper :(

Apr 1, 2012

I will say that sony forcing first party games to be 3d and move support probably ruined socom yeah. But man, they said less guns and no hand guns was what was lost from that.

they still could of back off the camera, got rid of the run button, and fixed the headshots and collision detection gun aiming stuff better and did not. this is what did them in more than the loss of hand guns.

I dont hate everyone at zipper.

Not at all, I hate seth luezzzy, and who ever approved the games. The ones who approved changing the game and making it stupid. they are who i blame. not the entire zipper team.

Message 11 of 25 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9821 posts

Apr 1, 2012

Hexfix93 wrote:

Dude, when we were begging and praying over and over for them to give us a game like socom 2 again they spit in our face and made a move game. When slant six butchered socom, we prayed zipper would brign it back to its glory only they made it even worse than slant six did. If they had listened to us, and gave us the socom we wanted, they would still be in business, they underestimated the power of sukmyturbin and people like me who ran blogs and knew what the socom fans wanted. Instead they never did what we asked. They dug their own grave. Imagine if the call of duty people reinvented their game and made it more like DOOM. what do you think would happen to call of duty, no one would buy it. You dont mess up a formula that works, they took away everything that made socom unique and made it a super generic shooter.

MAG you run around forver and ever endlessly.

Shame on them for destroying an entire gaming community that was hardcore into socom.

They are talented so the talented people will go to work for other studios, i'm not really worried about it. Maybe they can go screw up another greaet franchise.

So sony ruined socom? really? great. then good, let sony suffer too. if sony is what killed socom, then good riddance, they should go work for a company that doesnt destroy their vision.

Unit 13 is great tho, buggy, but a great handheld game. But man psp games never make or break a company. The ps3 and ps2 did.

^^^ this

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 12 of 25 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1670 posts

Apr 2, 2012

Yes of course they screwed up, but you still have to be compassionate that almost a hundred people lost their jobs.

Message 13 of 25 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4052 posts

Apr 2, 2012

Hexfix93 wrote:

Dude, when we were begging and praying over and over for them to give us a game like socom 2 again they spit in our face and made a move game. When slant six butchered socom, we prayed zipper would brign it back to its glory only they made it even worse than slant six did. If they had listened to us, and gave us the socom we wanted, they would still be in business, they underestimated the power of sukmyturbin and people like me who ran blogs and knew what the socom fans wanted. Instead they never did what we asked. They dug their own grave. Imagine if the call of duty people reinvented their game and made it more like DOOM. what do you think would happen to call of duty, no one would buy it. You dont mess up a formula that works, they took away everything that made socom unique and made it a super generic shooter.

Shame on them for destroying an entire gaming community that was hardcore into socom.

They are talented so the talented people will go to work for other studios, i'm not really worried about it. Maybe they can go screw up another greaet franchise.

So sony ruined socom? really? great. then good, let sony suffer too. if sony is what killed socom, then good riddance, they should go work for a company that doesnt destroy their vision.

Unit 13 is great tho, buggy, but a great handheld game. But man psp games never make or break a company. The ps3 and ps2 did.

Well the way I see it, not all game devs make games for the fans; they make them for their own enjoyment. I remember Zipper saying this when they made SOCOM 4. I tell people, if they don't like the way a game is made, go make the way you want to make it. It's their game, not yours.

Message 14 of 25 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9821 posts

Apr 2, 2012

Gamble_STARS wrote:

Hexfix93 wrote:

Well the way I see it, not all game devs make games for the fans; they make them for their own enjoyment. I remember Zipper saying this when they made SOCOM 4. I tell people, if they don't like the way a game is made, go make the way you want to make it. It's their game, not yours.

And look how that turned out, poor sales and the closing of Zipper and the firing of 80+ people. Listen to your customers (#1 rule in business) and Zipper stays open and 80+ people have jobs and medical benefits.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 15 of 25 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
400 posts

Apr 3, 2012

Yup, if you don't listen to your fans, they deserve to lose their jobs.

ITs fine for them to do new things, like new games, but to take socom and bastadize it. LAME, if socom 4 was called unit 13, i would not even be mad.

Socom needs to be socom.

Message 16 of 25 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3114 posts

Apr 3, 2012

Hexfix93 wrote:

Yup, if you don't listen to your fans, they deserve to lose their jobs.

ITs fine for them to do new things, like new games, but to take socom and bastadize it. LAME, if socom 4 was called unit 13, i would not even be mad.

Socom needs to be socom.

Like I said all 80 employees are not permited to design games to your fancy. Youre a child.... end of dicussion

photo BHD-VILLDOC-NEWsm_zps81faf374.gif
Message 17 of 25 (209 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
50399 posts

Apr 4, 2012

villdoc wrote:

Hexfix93 wrote:

Not sad at all. They ignored their fan base and crapped all over us with bad games and not giving us a real socom game on ps3.

Socom died with confrontation.

hexfix93 - youre just a child. Its always sad when 80 people loose their job.  They have children and problems like anyone else. your dismay over your personal regrets for a video game affecting your feelings on somones personal life is a testament to your maturity.  "THEY" just work for zipper/sony. Not all 80 employees had free will to change the game as they pleased. Thats why they worked for someones else and the company didnt have their name on it.....

Photobucket

This, I was thinking the same thing.

Yeah I'm pissed at zipper for introducing a cool patch with some serious freeze bugs for MAG then never fixing the freezes, basically killing MAG off.   However, one can't let that type of dissapointment say "great, 80 more unemployed people in the country, they all deserved it jerks"....its just not right to say that.

Maybe that isn't how you meant it?

Message 18 of 25 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
400 posts

Apr 5, 2012

don't make me laugh. Unit 13 causes the vita to crash hard, the game came out, and it still does it. This is what broke their back, under delivery a game with no team death match. Buggy.

Yeah, that and the fact they didnt listen to us about what we wanted socom 4 to be.

I wish them the best, but they deserve to be closed, slant six even did a better socom than they did.

Message 19 of 25 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
268 posts

Apr 10, 2012

MAG shoulda been what BF3 was.. soon as bf3 hit, mag dropped like a dead horse

as for unit 13 its.... ok... clusterphukt with freezing, glitches (lvl 9 coop door wont open)  lots and lots of issues.. ignored by developers...

ANY developer that *ignores* its fans.. deserves to be shut down.. or closed down.some of the best series out there... are the way they are because the GAVE there FANS what they wanted..

Message 20 of 25 (209 Views)
0 Likes