03-07-2012 03:10 AM
Unit 13 is just a glorified Socom 4 ripoff thats just meh. (REALLY not worth the price)
But what you should be concerned about is Zipper.
Zipper are the devs who made MAG and SOCOM 4.
MAG was once the best game out there, with lag free 256 player games at player capacities at 20,000-50,000 people playing (It was alot!)
But then they made some patches and the whole game went to shit.
It started with patch 1.03.
1. They nerfed all the guns except the LMGs in patch 1.03 and created a massive imbalance in game.
2. They started taking away servers, which started small traces of lag.
3. They nerfed everything again in 1.06, including the knife and introduced the heavy+ armor. (As if the game wasnt broken enough for people to exploit)
4. The released the "Interdiction" DLC that /NOBODY/ plays because of how crappy it is. (It's even free now, but there never is a game of it playing)
5. They gave the weapons a buff and introduced a new skill tree, but took away MORE servers, thus making the game terribly riddled with lag.
6. They stopped all work on MAG, still taking servers away and handing it over to SONY to maintain. Now MAG is CONSTANTLY riddled with disconnection errors, Horribad lag, and an unfinished clan deploy system that WE WERE PROMISED.
7. People found an exploit to glitch out of the maps and now it's an infestation. You have atleast 1 person doing it on every map in every game. There is no ban process and Zipper continues to neglect the issue.
HOW DOES A GAME THAT PLAYED LAG FREE AT A CAPACITY OF 30,000+ PLAYERS GO TO A GAME THATS AN ABSOLUTE P O S AT 1,000 OR LESS PLAYERS!?!?!??!!?!?!??? All the reason why Zipper does NOT deserve your money!!!
And SOCOM 4, That "game" was a joke.
Ask anyone who played it. People *HATED* it.
DO NOT BUY UNIT 13!
ZIPPER WILL JUST TAKE YOUR MONEY AND THEN FU CK THIS GAME OVER AGAIN! (Like the last 2 games made by them)
There are alot of angry customers out there who hate Zipper for this. I am one of them.
All of Zipper deserves to get fired!
03-07-2012 05:00 AM
I havent played socom enough to say but ive been playing online since doom 2,and then zipper made a game called mag and broke all boundries in online gaming,huge maps,256 players with very little lag,and a fps were the movement impacts on your skill not just your gungame.So they make this revolutionary game in every aspect and then patch it to shit,and shut down the servers one by one.So do u really want to buy a game from a developer that made one of the biggest modern online shooter without comparison and flushed it down the toilet
03-07-2012 08:17 AM
03-07-2012 08:58 AM
Who are you to tell me what games I should like or not...too many people in these socom threads spouting on how others should avoid it.
If you don't like it fine move along and ****.
Likewise from my stance on the matter.
And We are voicing our opinions because of Zipper's incompitence.
03-07-2012 09:35 AM
UPDATE: The problem has fortunately been fixed on Sony's end. Anyone that purchases and downloads the game as of now will get the online pass entitlement included automatically (as should be the case), while anyone that has already purchased the game will get instructions on how to claim a voucher (free, of course) sometime tomorrow. Instructions should be sent to you automatically, so be on the lookout for those soon.
Apologies for any hassle that this has caused anyone. We sincerely appreciate your patience and support on this issue.
WOW they cant even Fix there own problem... gotta go running to daddy..... Sad
03-08-2012 11:50 PM
03-09-2012 05:58 AM
I agree my friend!
There is no winning with these guys either Zipper sucks for FTB2 or Slant Six Sucks for FTB3. Maybe these guys should go to school, get a degree in Computer Science, do an internship at Zipper, Then get hired at Zipper, and then work on a game for months/years and then have a 12 year old kid tell them they suck because of a few glitches.
03-09-2012 04:38 PM
This is the most fun I have had with a shooter in a long long time. I hated socom's story single player missions on 4, it didnt feel right, i did not care about the people in the story, and the missions were not that fun. I am having way more fun with Unit 13, and man it has made me love love love the vita and the controls. WOW.