Mar 11 2012
By: GtNyGrps Splicer 64 posts

Cant win with this game...

8 replies 43 views Edited Mar 11, 2012

Well, i was one of the dumb ones who bought a digital copy of this game, and have had nothing but problems with it. It freezes my system and causes a hard reset every time i play it pretty much, if i pause the game for more then 10 seconds, i lose sound, so i called sony, and after talking to a supervisor there on friday, they told me that i would recieve a full refund and to check my email. Well, today i get an email from sony, saying my request for a refund is denied. I dont understand how it gets denied if a fucking SONY REP/SUPERVISOR put in for it......I did not put in for it, they did, and it gets denied??? what the fuck....

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2268 posts

Re: Cant win with this game...

Mar 11, 2012

I have the physical copy and it crashes my system also. So its not just the DL version. Its the novice programmers at Zipper.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1796 posts

Mar 12, 2012

john_wisdom wrote:

I have the physical copy and it crashes my system also. So its not just the DL version. Its the novice programmers at Zipper.

Are you two in areas with a weak network signal? That can cause issues as the game makes frequent network queries. That sort of issue isn't specific to Unit 13, though with the game's online structure it does cause the problem more often than other titles, so the team here is working with Sony on trying to nail down a solution and get it fixed.

--------------------
Chris Roper
Community Manager, Zipper Interactive
--------------------
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2064 posts

Mar 12, 2012

I play Unit 13 sitting beside my router and still have the sound going out-causing the PS Vita crash problem. I'm glad to hear that Zipper and Sony are working on a fix, but in the meantime are you saying that disconnecting our online connection in the game would prevent it from crashing?

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

Mar 12, 2012

And if we cancel the PSN connection when it tries during launching the game? I've been playing offline, and the issue seems to be reduced, but still happens.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (43 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Mar 14, 2012

Are you two in areas with a weak network signal? That can cause issues as the game makes frequent network queries. That sort of issue isn't specific to Unit 13, though with the game's online structure it does cause the problem more often than other titles, so the team here is working with Sony on trying to nail down a solution and get it fixed.

--------------------
Chris Roper
Community Manager, Zipper Interactive
--------------------

I've seen this response on multiple threads.  I recognize that you're the developer and I'm not, but this answer sounds like BS to me.  This issue occurs with me, and my Vita is rarely more than 10 feet from a wireless router that is connected to a 24Mbps downstream cable connection. 

This issue has not occurred with any other title.  I own 3 Vita games (including Unit 13) and have played the full versions of many others at length.  The ONLY times my Vita has locked up, lost audio, been forced to restart, etc. has been while the Unit 13 demo or full game was running.  This is not a general issue.  Take ownership of your poor programming and stop giving us BS excuses.  This is a problem with Unit 13.  If it were a problem with other games, people would be reporting it.  But it's not an issue with other games.  Unit 13 without all the issues is a really fun game, but it has tons of problems.  Own them and stop making excuses.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
21896 posts

Mar 14, 2012

john_wisdom wrote:

Dang dude, thought you would have learned with S4...

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2268 posts

Mar 15, 2012

@Roper... dude.. none of my other titles have EVER crashed my system to date.. NONE of them. Not once. ZERO times has any other game that I have played crashed my system. A friend of mine, who has just about every game I do has never had his system crash other than when playing UNIT 13. You are either in denial, a complete liar or a total amature. I am going with all of the above.. Network issue.. please man.. go ask Sony for another excuse.

@VanillaGorilla.. nope.. I am a sucker for sure.. I will say this, other than the crashing, the camera, and the grenade tossing mechanic the game is pretty fun. Hopefully those knuckleheads at Zipper can fix it... lol yeah right..

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (43 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Mar 22, 2012

zipper really knows how to distroy a game

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (43 Views)
0 Likes