Highlighted
Apr 19 2010
By: cboy07 Lombax Warrior 100 posts

why the hell did you guys **bleep** up the spawn points and grenades???

10 replies 146 views Edited Apr 19, 2010

honestly, grenades don't help you for **bleep**, more than half the time now i spawn behind or infront of the guy i just killed. **bleep** is that nd. why the **bleep** did you change **bleep** around? can hardly play without getting pissed that i got killed from behind when i spawn quit trying to be like cod **bleep**s. **bleep** you guys you ruiined my favorite game!! the reason i still play is for my quest to play with fat drake but its becoming futile because i can't stand to play this game anymore. you throw a grenade at someone it explodes ujnder their feet they still walk take gunfire damage still walk kill me. tell me how am i kill multiple people now when 1. you die almost instanly after being shot and 2. grenades that don't help you for **bleep** anymore!! fix the damn spawns and grenades and health already!!! noboody **bleep**ing likes it.

Message 1 of 11 (146 Views)
Treasure Hunter
9167 posts

Re: why the hell did you guys **bleep** up the spawn points and grenades???

Apr 19, 2010

Wow, someone's upset. And also very late to the party.

The arguments for/against the updates have been raging for a while, though it's mutually agreed by everyone that the spawns are horrendous. They're being dealt with, just give it time. As for grenades, they simply require more skill than they did originally. While it can be frustrating to see someone emerge more or less unscathed after you toss one at them, think of it this way; you're also surviving a lot more of them than before, as well. I wasn't a huge fan of the change originally, but I've since gotten used to them and am now quite content with it.

Grenades are still lethal, they just have to be used with precision, instead of thrown at random. Adjust to it; you'll likely feel differently in time.

Message 2 of 11 (146 Views)
Lombax Warrior
100 posts

Apr 19, 2010

you don't understand he literaly landed on top of my grenade and didn't die happens too often for me i liked the older grenades.    i'm glad their changing the spawns though.

Message 3 of 11 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9167 posts

Apr 19, 2010

Yeah, like I said, there are plenty of frustrating moments where you'll be certain your grenade was perfect, and it won't succeed in killing the other player. But then, before the damage was tweaked, there were plenty of times where you'd think you were a more-than-safe distance away from a grenade's radius, and it'd still kill you. To be honest, I'd rather be dying a lot less by them and seeing more focus on actual gunplay, than seeing noobs getting way too many cheap kills by just tossing them and running.

Just hone your skills accordingly, and you'll see the overall improvement.

Message 4 of 11 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1978 posts

Apr 19, 2010

I can still get afterlife grenades even though it's harder now, but before it was so easy to get Tripled with a well placed grenades, and now I can't remember getting more than one or two double downs with a grenade ever since the patch.

The following is an accurate discription of the grenades in Uncharted 2

Pre 1.06:

1.06:

Message 5 of 11 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1415 posts

Apr 19, 2010

It must be fixed....spawned in 3 times in the same spot to die instantly...smh. ND get yo **bleep** straight

Photobucket
" I think I'm Paul Pierce, I think I'm Rondo, high off the headband you dying on that hydro" - Spitta
Message 6 of 11 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1802 posts

Apr 19, 2010

cboy07 wrote:

you don't understand he literaly landed on top of my grenade and didn't die happens too often for me i liked the older grenades.    i'm glad their changing the spawns though.

This thread is so early March. Get with the times...

As for this particular problem, sounds like lag to me.

Message 7 of 11 (146 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5921 posts

Apr 19, 2010

Da-Hedgie wrote:

I can still get afterlife grenades even though it's harder now, but before it was so easy to get Tripled with a well placed grenades, and now I can't remember getting more than one or two double downs with a grenade ever since the patch.

The following is an accurate discription of the grenades in Uncharted 2

Pre 1.06:

1.06:

So grenades didn't exist before 1.06?

I agree that the spawn points are a mess and need to be fixed. ND has been working to fix them, so we'll just have to wait and see if they are successful.

On the other hand, I like grenades way more now. I can still rack up anywhere from 3 to 6 kills a match with grenades while only getting killed by them once or twice.

The grenades were even more "bleeped" up before 1.06, as they took almost no skill to use and I was getting tired of enemies simply chucking grenades anywhere within ten feet of me right before they died and getting a kill after I worked hard to best them in the gunfight. They had to do something to fix the unbreakable jihad grenade trick.

Message 8 of 11 (146 Views)
Sackboy
411 posts

Apr 19, 2010

pdiss88 wrote:

They had to do something to fix the unbreakable jihad grenade trick.

ROFL nice.

My Montages: I II III IV

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - drewwk
Message 9 of 11 (146 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1102 posts

Apr 19, 2010

I like how grenades blow up when they feel like it. I was doing elimination on Flooded Ruins, each time I chuck a freaking grenade at the grenade launcher, I literally see it underneath the guy and he still has time to pick it up and walk away before it explodes, IT DID THIS 3 TIMES while I threw it at different intervals. Oh, but it will go right off when me and a fella are upclose fighting each other. People who use Sure Foot(myself included), won't have a problem with any grenade unless you stick it in their back pocket. Like MagnzClipz said on his youtube video, "It's like throwing a pillow."

Message 10 of 11 (146 Views)
0 Likes