Mar 10 2010
By: realblood33 Splicer 72 posts

what is the range for pulldowns ? (really annoying)

22 replies 115 views Edited Mar 10, 2010

i played a match in the lost city, ran down the stairs from the spawn point, and saw a guy hanging in the pit where desert5 spawns, i saw him, and i was easily 4-5 feet away, trying to figure out if should take cover or kick him, before i could even move a muscle he pulled me down! that was the biggest **bleep** moment for the day for me, i was like **bleep** just happened, theres no way his tiny hands could reach that far. little things like these and stupid spawning is really getting on my nerves, ohhh almost forgot about the 1 punch KO's, there is no explanation for this either, i spawn next to my enemy, he totally forgets he has a gun, and decides to melee me, and boom 1 punch and im dead, is anybody else here experiencing these annoyances ?

Signature removed by Admin due to size violations. Please observe the 300kb limit.
Message 1 of 23 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
792 posts

Re: what is the range for pulldowns ? (really annoying)

Mar 10, 2010

The distance from the edge has to do with lag and lag compensation. its more like where you were a few seconds ago then where you are right when you get pulled down.

as for 1 hit KOs, sometimes I like to fire a shot with the Desert-5 and then melee, which can look like a 1 hit KO

The_White_Fang's Gamer card
Message 2 of 23 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
72 posts

Mar 10, 2010

sweet now we got the lag to worry about, thanks for explaining, but as for the 1 hit KO, i am 100% sure that dude didnt fire a single shot, he literally spawned next to me, and melee'd right after, this has happened to me on several occassions, and i dont even use any BOH boosters. 

Signature removed by Admin due to size violations. Please observe the 300kb limit.
Message 3 of 23 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
792 posts

Mar 10, 2010

what do you mean now? it has always been like that

The_White_Fang's Gamer card
Message 4 of 23 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
462 posts

Mar 10, 2010

I kinda think it's ok the pull downs have ridiculous range. it kinda balances out the fact that a kick off will win every time.

I really don't get the 1 melee KO though. it's been bugging as hell lately. I've had times where I would blind fire 90% of a guy's health just to have him laying one hand on me and take me out

Message 5 of 23 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
134 posts

Mar 10, 2010
I was playing in the facility yesterday and got pulled down (well, pulled over) from a massive distance. I was shooting the guy and I saw him running towards me to do a pull down, so I rolled away, he jumped on a fence bit, I jumped and when I was in mid air got pulled down - and the distance from a roll and half a jump is quite far....
Message 6 of 23 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
764 posts

Mar 10, 2010

Most annoying pull downs I can rememebr.

1) On the fort running to edge, saw that there was a guy hanging off it, I jumped from before the edge over the guys head just about to land on the floor and I got pulled back up by an invisable force and pull down.

2) Where the chests are in plunder, runing of ledge by the wall where the chest is and noticed there was a guy hanging off the ledge next to the oppersit wall, I got pulled form one side to the other and I didnt even go other that side so it cant be lag.

Sig provided by myu2sig.com !
Message 7 of 23 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
209 posts

Mar 10, 2010

Yea, the pull downs are ridiculous, but I'm pretty sure it's just a difference in connection. Like even though you moved so far, he pulled when you were closer and there was just a lag so it looks to you as if he pulled you from like 6 feet away.

Yeah, the melee's, I have no idea. It's infuriating though. I'll just get killed with one punch and die when I wasn't even shot at. But you can pistol someone once and melee right after and they'll die. Sometimes it feels like I'm playing with Glass Jaw because when I try to hit them it takes two hits like regular.

Message 8 of 23 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
185 posts

Mar 10, 2010

I agree on all accounts. The pulldowns sometimes have an extreme range. I pulled a guy down last night and it seemed extreme to me. He was close to the edge but he was about 6 feet to the right of me. The animation looked ridiculous as I reached straightforward and then he slides to the left about 5 or 6 feet and then is thrown over my head. Then again other times there can be a guy directly in front of me and I can't grab him. He has time to see me reach twice and then he either 'nades me or kicks me off.

I have been a victim of the one punch melee as well. It's ridiculous. You can catch someone by surprise and fire several rounds into him before he knows what hit him...and he somehow manages to get one killer punch in after he is dead. That sucks.

The other day I was at 100% health and I got shot in the back ONCE by an M4 and it killed me. Seriously ONE SHOT. Not even a head shot. It was right in the back. Boom. One shot. I'm dead.

Grenades seem to be inconsistent as well. I've dropped grenades on two enemies standing directly beside each other and only one gets killed.

And everyone agrees that spawns are out of control. That needs to be fixed first and foremost in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong, I love the game and I'm not going to stop playing. I can hold my own and always adapt to the new changes that ND makes. But these last two updates seem to have made the game a little too unpredictable for my taste. And please don't flame me because I am not just a victim of these technical issues but I am also a perpetrator. I've been on both the receiving end and the giving end of these quirky flaws.

Let's be patient and hope ND can make things better on the next update!

Message 9 of 23 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
442 posts

Mar 10, 2010

Here is my experience:

Pull Downs have priority if the pull down move is started BEFORE the Kick (unless the kicker is running to you while kicking!)

Kick-Offs win if you are running toward the ledge and kick as you do it!

Pull down range is silly, as a pull down can happen when you are 3 to 4 feet from a ledge -- that is wrong!

I like the pull/kick priority as a swift kick SHOULD kill someone reaching up to grab the other.  If a kick misses, a pull down should win!  That seems to be the case for the most part, the range is really the issue there!

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - DarkDuneMRK
Message 10 of 23 (115 Views)
0 Likes