I Only Post Everything
920 posts

Re: online is awful.

Jan 25, 2010

Mray901 wrote:

Ennikguy wrote:

A full clip?

LOL Ennik, that's hilarious.

That was the most lulzy game I ever had.

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Ennikguy
Times Cheated out of Rampant: 2
Message 11 of 27 (55 Views)
Gaming Beast
2208 posts

Jan 25, 2010

Ennikguy wrote:

Mray901 wrote:

Ennikguy wrote:

A full clip?

LOL Ennik, that's hilarious.

That was the most lulzy game I ever had.

LOL

# 1 Zelda fan.

Message 12 of 27 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
303 posts

Jan 25, 2010

You're not legally allowed to complain until you're Lv. 40...

Btw, lol...that was pretty funny. 

Message Edited by Manicania on 01-24-2010 11:21 PM
Message 13 of 27 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
642 posts

Jan 25, 2010

Yeah, that's nice...Insult the guy on his first post. Typical of the childish B.S I run into here and online.....

I can see how he must feel. He's right to some extent....especially if you're just trying it out for the first time. Yes, I agree we all have had to deal with it and adjust to the maps and get better. Still, it's not setup very well for brand new players who especially may have never even played online before.

You've got high ranking morons running around doing nothing but hording the "scrub weapons" and glitching to boot. On top of that you've got some of these genetic defectives grouped in clans which makes it even worse for some that's low ranked or brand new because you know the since they're all partied it's going to be them verus most like a bunch of low ranking players the entire match. Then they'll spend the next 15 minutes being "owned" all while listening to these bullies brag on their mics.

Again we all had to learn through "trial and error" and it's just going to take time but I can sympathize with the guy and see where he's coming from because the online experience is "awful" to some degree......

I logged on today and there was a player online with the handle "I_Kill_Jews" and his clan tag was "NZ" for Nazi. Yeah, that's really cute...

Message 14 of 27 (55 Views)
Splicer
69 posts

Jan 25, 2010

"I logged on today and there was a player online with the handle "I_Kill_Jews" and his clan tag was "NZ" for Nazi. Yeah, that's really cute..."

In this day and age this is really not acceptable. You could report this person, as I am sure racism is not accepted on PSN or for that matter the ND servers.

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Gilki82
Message 15 of 27 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
303 posts

Jan 25, 2010

Pitfall_Harry72 wrote:

Yeah, that's nice...Insult the guy on his first post. Typical of the childish B.S I run into here and online.....

I can see how he must feel. He's right to some extent....especially if you're just trying it out for the first time. Yes, I agree we all have had to deal with it and adjust to the maps and get better. Still, it's not setup very well for brand new players who especially may have never even played online before.

You've got high ranking morons running around doing nothing but hording the "scrub weapons" and glitching to boot. On top of that you've got some of these genetic defectives grouped in clans which makes it even worse for some that's low ranked or brand new because you know the since they're all partied it's going to be them verus most like a bunch of low ranking players the entire match. Then they'll spend the next 15 minutes being "owned" all while listening to these bullies brag on their mics.

Again we all had to learn through "trial and error" and it's just going to take time but I can sympathize with the guy and see where he's coming from because the online experience is "awful" to some degree......

I logged on today and there was a player online with the handle "I_Kill_Jews" and his clan tag was "NZ" for Nazi. Yeah, that's really cute...

Yes, I suppose you're right. Picking on the guy isn't gonna help him get any better, or keep him coming back to play again. So, Medi_zx, what do you say we party up, and I'll try and help you get better?

But first, I'll just give some tips that I would suggest for new players:
-Pick up an FAL or M4. (drop the AK-47 for one of the other Assault Rifles, they are, in theory, more effective, and more acurate. The FAL requires more strategy to use, though, keep in mind, so I would suggest the M4, the M4 is an overpowered kill-machine. Which doesn't require a lot of aiming experience. Basically, find your target and fire, but at least be holding L1, and maybe zoom in.)

-Learn to aim grenades! (Grenades can be life-savers if used correctly, so learn to aim them. figure out how far they will go without using the arc (blind fire), and remember to anticipate where your enemy will be rather than where they are.)
-Hide and wait. (it's better to wait for an enemy than to go looking for one when you're first starting out. So be patient and when an enemy shows up, kill them. If they see you, throw a grenade, and hope for the best, you can try to shoot them, but if they've already started shooting you, there isn't a ton of hope. If they don't see you, follow them, and wait until they are a decent way away and then take aim, they will have a harder time finding you in their reticle if they turn around and try and shoot back, which gives you more time to kill them.
-Burst! When using your assault rifle (long gun), the most effective way to get kills is to use the "burst" strategy. What this means is, instead of holding down the R1 button until your clip runs out, tap R1. This lets out a small burst of bullets. Why is this helpful? Because: 1. You don't waste Ammo, 2.You're reticle doesn't move as much, 3.Your enemy will die faster (because more bullets will hit them.)
-Glicthers? Well, I haven't seen many glitches in general, and even less since the patch, but since they still exist, I guess the best strategy against glitchers would be to glitch them back. (in other words, go in, and kill them inside the glitch. I can teach you how to do this. On a note: I love glitches, but not in normal games, only custom games, and only for exploration, not kills!) Although teaching you glitches is a bit of an advanced thing...so I may hold off. If you experience glitchers, just try to ignore them, move a lot (glitchers have a hard time hitting moving targets, and find out where they are glitching from. <-You can do this by watching a replay of your match in Cinema mode.)   
-Boosters. Boosters are very important. I can help you decide which boosters are best to use, but I will have to do that in-game. 

Also, Medi_zx, may I ask which map you played on your first game? 

Message Edited by Manicania on 01-25-2010 01:29 AM
Message 16 of 27 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
808 posts

Jan 25, 2010

"I logged on today and there was a player online with the handle "I_Kill_Jews" and his clan tag was "NZ" for Nazi. Yeah, that's really cute..."

Yea played a match and a couple of guys clan tag was IRA.  I dont know if may of you know but this is a sectarian thing.  Mostly in Northern Ireland but still. 

I do see where this guy is coming form too.  The more you play the better you will get, if you want to know where the power weapon is check out cinema mode.  The glitching isnt as bad as it was as Naught Dog fixed some of them

Photobucket
Message 17 of 27 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5921 posts

Jan 25, 2010

Ennikguy wrote:

I'm definitely holding onto that one, if you don't mind.

Message 18 of 27 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
860 posts

Jan 25, 2010
i wonder why its only 10000 people max on a server? nd said this game sold 1million copies so where is people?
PhotobucketImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Message 19 of 27 (55 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
920 posts

Jan 25, 2010

JOHN-HONDA wrote:
i wonder why its only 10000 people max on a server? nd said this game sold 1million copies so where is people?
There is more than one server
Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Ennikguy
Times Cheated out of Rampant: 2
Message 20 of 27 (55 Views)
0 Likes